Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/NEPD_Loyko/status/293090490746798080

Quote:
Oklahoma OT Lane Johnson just took off with a contingent of Tampa Bay scouts

Lane Johnson only has two years worth of experience on the offensive line, but there is a lot to like about him as OT prospect. He has very long arms, a frame that can continue to grow and great athleticism. He actually started his career as a QB. He then moved to TE, then to DE and now he has found a home at OT. He has played both LT and RT with solid results. Our new director of college scouting, Eric Stokes, loves potential. I wouldn't be surprised if he holds Johnson in high esteem. With so many needs it's tough to see us drafting an OT in the 1st round, but you never know.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
What if Ronde retires? I'm sure they're going to spend big money in free agency at CB. However, I don't believe Black is a full-time starter at safety, and who knows about Tandy.

Right now in the draft process only Milliner is considered a first rounder. I don't expect the Bucs to reach only because of need. What are the thoughts on Vaccaro and Elam?
Both guys are strong safeties at the next level. I rather go after some coverage guys like Swearinger, Thomas, or Hall.

I have no problem starting Black next year and giving him a shot as he did make some big plays at times this past season.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
What if Ronde retires? I'm sure they're going to spend big money in free agency at CB. However, I don't believe Black is a full-time starter at safety, and who knows about Tandy.

Right now in the draft process only Milliner is considered a first rounder. I don't expect the Bucs to reach only because of need. What are the thoughts on Vaccaro and Elam?
Both guys are strong safeties at the next level. I rather go after some coverage guys like Swearinger, Thomas, or Hall.

I have no problem starting Black next year and giving him a shot as he did make some big plays at times this past season.

Vaccaro might not have been used at Texas as your traditional FS, but he is a FS imo.... he was just used a lot to match up with slot WRs and TEs, especially in his senior season. He adds value because he is really good in man coverage and can play nickel back. Really instinctive with COD skills/speed and size. I think he'll be picked in the second half of the first/early second.

I'm not sure which one Elam is, but he is a guy who you love to have on your team. One of the most physical guys you will find and flys to the ball, has not been used a ton in coverage at UF but he has some ability. But you are right I'd rather have more of a coverage guy to put next to Barron.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. on the safeties. I'm pretty confident Stokes will have plenty of influence shaping the draft board. Now more then ever, I truly believe the team's philosophy is to draft BPA in the first round regardless of position. Also, Stokes played in the league as I believe a corner. Coach Schiano was a secondary coach with the Bears. Two pretty strong voices in the room whose expertise is a glaring weakness. I don't think either would reach for a CB in the first round if they saw other candidates with similiar ability who will be available after the first round.

Certainly, safety was a need last year, but nobody heard even a whisper of Barron being the target over guys like Claiborne, Kuechly, and Blackmon. With the draft being deep on both sides of the ball, it wouldn't shock me to go the anti-Dom route and draft a tackle in the first round. Dotson was okay last year, they may view Meredith better suited to play guard. We all love Penn, but he needs to keep his weight down to be effective, which at times has been a struggle throughout his career.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom wont pick a tackle that high. He's already stated that the he'd rather find proven NFL talent at Oline. He's drafted 1, count it 1 offensive lineman his whole tenure here. I dont think it starts this year

as for DT, I get the need to give McCoy a break. But with Roy Miller manning the nose and doing a darn good job in the run game I dont see the value of a DT. I just dont

Our CB's were terrible last year. I think there are two lineman I could see us drafting and id like us to trade down to do so. Margus Hunt and Datone Jones. Heard we like them both and I can get on board with both. They play all across the line, and I like that

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
Dom wont pick a tackle that high. He's already stated that the he'd rather find proven NFL talent at Oline. He's drafted 1, count it 1 offensive lineman his whole tenure here. I dont think it starts this year

as for DT, I get the need to give McCoy a break. But with Roy Miller manning the nose and doing a darn good job in the run game I dont see the value of a DT. I just dont

Our CB's were terrible last year. I think there are two lineman I could see us drafting and id like us to trade down to do so. Margus Hunt and Datone Jones. Heard we like them both and I can get on board with both. They play all across the line, and I like that

I agree with offensive tackle in round 1. Unless it's Joeckel or Fisher, it's nothing but a reach.

As for DT, McCoy needs help. Miller is good in the run defense, but this is a passing league. Miller offers no pass rush threat. McCoy led the league for dlineman in snaps played. Even Geno Atkins, who's a stud, wasn't on the field that much and 300 lb dlineman in tampa heat get exhausted. We need someone next to McCoy who can rush the passer.

Our CBs were horrible, but our pass rush wasn't great either. Margus Hunt is the perfect example "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane". He was invisible all week at Senior Bowl practices to the point, he's just not a good athlete/football player.

I think we do go CB in round 1. Rhodes is probably the better pick. He's got tremendous upside and hes a big physical CB whos got smooth hips and nice speed. I'd say we can get him at 20-25 pick range.

Michael Buchannon is a guy I'd look out for in Round 2/3. Very quick, has good moves off the edge, speed, and pretty strong as well.
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:

I agree with offensive tackle in round 1. Unless it's Joeckel or Fisher, it's nothing but a reach.

As for DT, McCoy needs help. Miller is good in the run defense, but this is a passing league. Miller offers no pass rush threat. McCoy led the league for dlineman in snaps played. Even Geno Atkins, who's a stud, wasn't on the field that much and 300 lb dlineman in tampa heat get exhausted. We need someone next to McCoy who can rush the passer.

Our CBs were horrible, but our pass rush wasn't great either. Margus Hunt is the perfect example "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane". He was invisible all week at Senior Bowl practices to the point, he's just not a good athlete/football player.

I think we do go CB in round 1. Rhodes is probably the better pick. He's got tremendous upside and hes a big physical CB whos got smooth hips and nice speed. I'd say we can get him at 20-25 pick range.

Michael Buchannon is a guy I'd look out for in Round 2/3. Very quick, has good moves off the edge, speed, and pretty strong as well.

Well said. Roy Miller had a good year but he is 1 dimensional. He doesn't help us on the key third downs where McCoy gets doubled up. And lets be honest, the sliding Bowers/Bennett inside to DT rarely works. I'm saying, if Detroit can take Fairley in the first round after already getting a 10 sack season from Suh - I don't think its a bad idea for us to invest again. Not only does taking Richardson help McCoy but its a viable option that Panthers want to covet. CAR would love to get Sheldon but if we somehow take him instead they'd be PO. The only drawback to Sheldon though is that he is a penetrator like McCoy and asking him to sit in the "tilt" stance and eat blocks isn't his game. Hankins fits that NT mold perfectly but honestly think Richardson could play that role too.

Rhodes or Banks in the first round is fine with me as well.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just spitballing here, but if Lotulelei were to fall out of the top-5, should we trade up to get him. I know we have other needs, but I think he might be the best prospect that's worth it in the 1st-round.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
I'm just spitballing here, but if Lotulelei were to fall out of the top-5, should we trade up to get him. I know we have other needs, but I think he might be the best prospect that's worth it in the 1st-round.

Extremely hypothetical but if he's there at 8 you got to consider it. However he's not getting outta the top 5. The Ngata comparison has stuck for quite some. Time.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting article on Jarvis Jones. The information may be true, or it could be a team planting information publically to hopefully get a player to slide in the draft to hopefully attain.

I like Jarvis Jones a lot. I would hope the Bucs would try and get him if he gets anywhere near #13. For me, he is one of those talents you find a place on the field.

I'm interested to see how the Jarvis Jones situation plays out.

http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php#jarvisjonesfall
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Interesting article on Jarvis Jones. The information may be true, or it could be a team planting information publically to hopefully get a player to slide in the draft to hopefully attain.

I like Jarvis Jones a lot. I would hope the Bucs would try and get him if he gets anywhere near #13. For me, he is one of those talents you find a place on the field.

It will be interesting. He's a top three player in this draft, but the injury is tricky.... depends on each teams medical staff. It would not surprise if he falls big.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:

Yea like Gio has said, it will come down to individual team doctors. If one team in the top-10 clears him, then they will probably pick him. I wouldn't mind him at #13, but like I said, it all depends on how our team doctors view his future.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Vaccaro is one of, if not the best coverage safety in this draft. I actually think that is where he excels the most. Elam on the other hand is a pure SS. His main knock is that he won't be able to cover the big TE in the league.

Swearinger is an interesting guy and I like him more and more everyday. I have him as my #2 safety at the moment. Phillip Thomas is another very good option and he played very well at the senior bowl practices. A sleeper kid I would start to look at if you haven't had the chance is the JJ Wilcox kid. He showed very good hips and coverage skills and I think is a very good mid round guy to take a look at.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With this talk of Safeties, I'll talk of 2 guys that haven't been brought up.

Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
- Rangy ballhawk who may not be the tallest guy (5'11 212 lbs), but he flies to the ball. Very similar playing style to Buffalos Jarious Byrd. He has the ability to play both Safety positions, but would factor in as our FS. He's right now expected to go somewhere in round 3.

John Boyett FS Oregon
- Probably would be in the round 2 conversation if not for a knee injury that sidelined him in 2012. Another safety prospect with excellent awareness skills, can come in the box and make the tackle and has good ball skills. This guy is one of my top sleepers that can turn into a really good starter that you will probably find in rounds 5 through 7.
indifference

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
With this talk of Safeties, I'll talk of 2 guys that haven't been brought up.

Tony Jefferson S Oklahoma
- Rangy ballhawk who may not be the tallest guy (5'11 212 lbs), but he flies to the ball. Very similar playing style to Buffalos Jarious Byrd. He has the ability to play both Safety positions, but would factor in as our FS. He's right now expected to go somewhere in round 3.

John Boyett FS Oregon
- Probably would be in the round 2 conversation if not for a knee injury that sidelined him in 2012. Another safety prospect with excellent awareness skills, can come in the box and make the tackle and has good ball skills. This guy is one of my top sleepers that can turn into a really good starter that you will probably find in rounds 5 through 7.
Tavon Austin made Tony Jefferson look silly. Not taking anything away from Austin but man it was pretty ugly for Tony that game. Third round range sounds about right.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 27 of 56

Jump to: