Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
So, what are the chances the Patriots may be open to dealing Ryan Mallett? Tom Brady is going to be New Englands QB for atleast the next 3 years, guranteed. Mallett is entering the 3rd year of his 4 year rookie contract.

From everything you hear about Mallett, he lives in the Film and Weight room and being under the tutledge and guidance of Bill Bellichik and Tom Brady only make this even more interesting.

Think Mark Dominik, if he addresses several holes early, could explore this trade scenario?

Don't think he'll be moved, don't think we'll trade for a QB. Pretty sure about both of those statements. Every backup behind Brady gets hype, Mallett will get the most because he has actual talent. Huge arm and huge size, but did have questions about his character and game coming out. It'd take a round two pick to get him, if the Pats are in anyway impressed with him and he hasn't proven anything, so I highly doubt he's moved.

I'd be surprised if Free is not starting next year with a day three pick or vet QB backing him up just being realistic.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what the plan for RB is in the offseason. The Dougernaut is the starter. Blount probably will be gone. Ware should be gone. Smith only dressed in one game. I wonder if they get a compliment to Martin fourth round or later. Pickings look really slim on the roster after Martin right now.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I wonder what the plan for RB is in the offseason. The Dougernaut is the starter. Blount probably will be gone. Ware should be gone. Smith only dressed in one game. I wonder if they get a compliment to Martin fourth round or later. Pickings look really slim on the roster after Martin right now.

Will be interesting. Blount was a good teammate, and can do SOME good things as a runner but the fact is he will not be getting many carries behind Martin and offers nothing as a goaline back, blocker, or receiver... have to believe he is on his way out. Ware could go either way. I heard we like Smith a good deal, how confident we are in him is a different question though. But I definitely think Smith will be on the team next year, and probably with a bigger role.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
So, what are the chances the Patriots may be open to dealing Ryan Mallett? Tom Brady is going to be New Englands QB for atleast the next 3 years, guranteed. Mallett is entering the 3rd year of his 4 year rookie contract.

From everything you hear about Mallett, he lives in the Film and Weight room and being under the tutledge and guidance of Bill Bellichik and Tom Brady only make this even more interesting.

Think Mark Dominik, if he addresses several holes early, could explore this trade scenario?

Don't think he'll be moved, don't think we'll trade for a QB. Pretty sure about both of those statements. Every backup behind Brady gets hype, Mallett will get the most because he has actual talent. Huge arm and huge size, but did have questions about his character and game coming out. It'd take a round two pick to get him, if the Pats are in anyway impressed with him and he hasn't proven anything, so I highly doubt he's moved.

I'd be surprised if Free is not starting next year with a day three pick or vet QB backing him up just being realistic.

Honestly for how weak this draft is at most positions I wouldn't mind parting with a round 2 pick.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Honestly for how weak this draft is at most positions I wouldn't mind parting with a round 2 pick.

Disagreed. Lacking in top talent obviously, but its a decently deep class. Not going to get into the Freeman thing. But there will be plenty of TEs, WRs, linemen, and corners that could definitely help us in the second.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Will be interesting. Blount was a good teammate, and can do SOME good things as a runner but the fact is he will not be getting many carries behind Martin and offers nothing as a goaline back, blocker, or receiver... have to believe he is on his way out. Ware could go either way. I heard we like Smith a good deal, how confident we are in him is a different question though. But I definitely think Smith will be on the team next year, and probably with a bigger role.

Martin was tremendous this past season. However, he had 368 touches. I would hope the workload will be reduced last season. My assumption why Smith didn't dress was because of concerns with his pass blocking. The guy was a real burner in college.

As a comparison Ray Rice had 318 touches (61 of those receptions).
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mallett doesn't have the intangibles. These names keep resurfacing over and over again and these options aren't even worthy of discussion. Mallett is a worse version of Freeman. Except, he is an absolute STATUE in the pocket and makes bone-headed throws time and time again. HELL NO, to Ryan "concrete feet" Mallet. Can you say hello, top 10 in sacks allowed?
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
http://thepewterplank.com/2013/01/19/cornering-the-market-why-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-wont-take-a-cornerback-with-the-13th-pick-of-the-nfl-draft/

Quote:
The NFL Draft presents a fundamental debate of drafting philosophy, as every team has the chance to do one of two things: Take the best player available, or take the best player at a position of need. The Buccaneers will be squarely at the center of this debate during the 2013 NFL draft with the 13th overall pick, as the obvious position of need for Tampa Bay will likely lack a player worthy of selection. Our Fansided NFL Mock Drafter Josh Sanchez has taken the predictable path of choosing Johnthan Banks from Mississippi State, who is widely ranked in the 20′s and 30′s as an overall prospect. In other words, the Buccaneers would be reaching past up to 20 better prospects just to choose the position of obvious need. Sanchez is not alone in tabbing Banks to head to Tampa Bay, as many mock drafters around the blogosphere took that route.
Why on earth would the Buccaneers pass over 20 better players just to get a corner back?

Mark Dominik would clearly love to have a future franchise cornerback, and there is one available in this draft. Dee Milliner of Alabama is almost guaranteed to be a star at defensive back in the NFL, and is likely to go as high as the top 5. The Buccaneers could consider trading up to get Milliner, and I would be perfectly happy with this decision. Milliner is strong, athletic, and played in such a great system in Tuscaloosa that he will be ready for the challenges of the NFL. However, if the Buccaneers remain at the 13th position in the draft, Milliner will not be available and the Buccaneers should not, and hopefully will not, take a corner back.

This article is short-sighted. Lets stop acting like Banks was never considered a top 10 talent throughout his collegiate career. He has top 10 like talent - he just didn't have the season many expected him to. Reminds me of Adrian Clayborn situation. AC was foreseen as a top 10 guy entering his senior year but injuries got the best of him and so far he has played up to his draft status. Banks is right up there with Milliner in terms of pro-ready I just need to see how he performs at the combine. Those 3 cone drill time, 40 time, and how he measures across the board will be key.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bring up Adrian Clayborn yet were still waiting for our pass rush to improve.

Listen: you see these teams in the playoffs? Yeah they dot reach for need. They take BPA. That's their strategy. Draft to the strength of the class.

Watching this 49er game their secondary is being shredded bc their pass rush is ineffective. It all starts up front.

Our pass rush again was bottom 5. What is a decent cb going to do? If we fix the pass rush in FA I'm all for moving for milliner or moving down for Rhodes. But you don't pass up the better player bc you need a cb.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
You bring up Adrian Clayborn yet were still waiting for our pass rush to improve.

Listen: you see these teams in the playoffs? Yeah they dot reach for need. They take BPA. That's their strategy. Draft to the strength of the class.

Watching this 49er game their secondary is being shredded bc their pass rush is ineffective. It all starts up front.

Our pass rush again was bottom 5. What is a decent cb going to do? If we fix the pass rush in FA I'm all for moving for milliner or moving down for Rhodes. But you don't pass up the better player bc you need a cb.

I'm more concerned about the interior pass rush, then the DE position. AC and Bowers need to stay healthy. I'm assuming Bennett will be resigned as long as the free agent market doesn't get out of hand.

I'm very confident Bowers can be a 12 sack player. Of course, he has to play an entire year, which hopefully he can do.
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

I'm pretty sure AC, McCoy, and Bennett tore it up the first 3 games of the season before he tore his ACL; and he was coming off a 7.5 sack rookie season.

I'm all for fixing the defensive line but it doesn't have to be via draft. We have a bunch of young nucleus on the defensive line if anything we need a seasoned vet to take pressure off the young guys and snap count. And because the talent is on the defensive line in this draft, I fully expect the best guys go early. I rather have the #2 CB over the #5 or #6 DL. Just my $.02
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I'm more concerned about the interior pass rush, then the DE position. AC and Bowers need to stay healthy. I'm assuming Bennett will be resigned as long as the free agent market doesn't get out of hand.

I'm very confident Bowers can be a 12 sack player. Of course, he has to play an entire year, which hopefully he can do.
Agreed. I think Sheldon Richardson would be a GREAT pick at #13. However, I'm not for certain he will fall to us. The guy wrecks havoc and is going to be everything Brian Price should have been. I'm worried about the guy next to McCoy on 3rd downs because 100% of the time, being, Roy Miller is never in on the play. But, to be honest we don't really have ANY other pass rush options interior wise. I like Sammie Lee Hill from Detroit - a nice little role player that could help McCoy out some.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
There is no doubt that the strength of this class in on the DLine and OLine. I was just talking to Soul Glo about big boards. Mine isn't finished yet, but my top-10 is set and 9 of those guys are on the DLine or OLine (Keenan Allen is the only one that's not...Dez Bryant 2.0).

If we stay at 13, the BPA could be a DLineman and I would be fine with that.

No Dee Milliner in your top 10?

Nope, I'm still not convinced that he's the most talented CB in the class. Rhodes instincts and size give him the nod in my eyes, but neither are top-10.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson reminds me a ton of Geno Atkins. Richardson wreaks havoc and is what we need next to McCoy. He's stout in run defense. I'd still sign Roy miller though as a rotational player. Big reason is we had no depth behind McCoy and miller. Gibson was you're quality run stuffer rotational guy.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Agreed. I think Sheldon Richardson would be a GREAT pick at #13. However, I'm not for certain he will fall to us. The guy wrecks havoc and is going to be everything Brian Price should have been. I'm worried about the guy next to McCoy on 3rd downs because 100% of the time, being, Roy Miller is never in on the play. But, to be honest we don't really have ANY other pass rush options interior wise. I like Sammie Lee Hill from Detroit - a nice little role player that could help McCoy out some.

Richardson would be incredible. He's such a freak. The dude was a kick returner in high school Shocked

McCoy and Richardson would dominate games together.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 24 of 56

Jump to: