Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottonatable

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let FA begin already!! im excited to see what we actually do with all this $$ again.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
Horton is a pipe-dream. He has head coaching aspirations anyway so say we do hire him - he'd be outta here by Dec 2013 trying to be a head coach for a team like the Titans or Panthers. Tampa still needs to find a DL coach now that we canned our last guy. Marneilli would've been ideal but the guy decides to parter up with Kiffin. Yeah, even more reasons to cheer against those guys now. Cowboys defensive line is about to be A1 next year.

I want to see Alabama vs Miss. State game where Banks played against Julio Jones. Jones went 3 for 41 yards against State and it'll be cool to see how Banks played him.

That's even if banks lined up against him. He seemed to regress this year. A bit concerning. He's big but I didn't see him as a guy that jams or gets physical with Wrs at LOs. Not like a Poyer or Rhodes or even Logan Ryan.

Plays a ton of soft coverage and gives cushion. Senior bowl will r big for him.

Banks lined up against Julio in his Jr year and locked him down. Like I said, senior bowl will make or break Banks for me. He was hampered with a hamstring injury most of this year, so he said he's finally fully healthy
Good to know. I thought he had a miserable senior year and played a ton of off coverage but he is a true instinctive CB with great hands. He needs a strong senior bowl performance+good combine and I'd take him at 13 with that.

What are you thoughts on DJ Fluker in round 2?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Banks would have been a sophomore bc jones was in the nfl his jr. Year.

should have clarified that. I meant Julio's JR year

Send me a link to the tape. My memory only remembers bama running the ball down their throats in blowout fashion. So stats will be skewed.

Banks was not as good as his hype. Senior bowl will answer a lot of questions.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Send me a link to the tape. My memory only remembers bama running the ball down their throats in blowout fashion. So stats will be skewed.

Yup I've been saying that along

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Yup I've been saying that along

Yep, but saying he locked down Julio Jones without film and based on stats is misleading. Alabama has always been a power run team, even with Julio Jones.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thepewterplank.com/2013/01/19/cornering-the-market-why-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-wont-take-a-cornerback-with-the-13th-pick-of-the-nfl-draft/

Good article. Why take Banks bc we "need" a cb. Take the best player. Read the Pewterreport fab 5. New college director of scouting Stukes says the strength of the draft is DL/OL and Wr/te. Expect us to focus on the secondary in free agency and draft to the strength of the class.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Yep, but saying he locked down Julio Jones without film and based on stats is misleading. Alabama has always been a power run team, even with Julio Jones.

Julio had 1133 yards his junior year. Jenkins locked him down in the Florida game and Banks locked him down in the Miss State game. There's no denying the lack of production those two games, compared to his other 12 that year

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Banks has the highest upside. If we take a corner I want him. Rhodes is starting to fall down my list the more and more I watch him.

garbage
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
I think Banks has the highest upside. If we take a corner I want him. Rhodes is starting to fall down my list the more and more I watch him.

Really why is that?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR Ace Saunders from South Carolina is entering the draft. This guy would be perfect to return punts and play the slot as well. Hes also a local from bradenton fl. I really hope hes on the Bucs list
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://thepewterplank.com/2013/01/19/cornering-the-market-why-the-tampa-bay-buccaneers-wont-take-a-cornerback-with-the-13th-pick-of-the-nfl-draft/

Quote:
The NFL Draft presents a fundamental debate of drafting philosophy, as every team has the chance to do one of two things: Take the best player available, or take the best player at a position of need. The Buccaneers will be squarely at the center of this debate during the 2013 NFL draft with the 13th overall pick, as the obvious position of need for Tampa Bay will likely lack a player worthy of selection. Our Fansided NFL Mock Drafter Josh Sanchez has taken the predictable path of choosing Johnthan Banks from Mississippi State, who is widely ranked in the 20′s and 30′s as an overall prospect. In other words, the Buccaneers would be reaching past up to 20 better prospects just to choose the position of obvious need. Sanchez is not alone in tabbing Banks to head to Tampa Bay, as many mock drafters around the blogosphere took that route.
Why on earth would the Buccaneers pass over 20 better players just to get a corner back?

Mark Dominik would clearly love to have a future franchise cornerback, and there is one available in this draft. Dee Milliner of Alabama is almost guaranteed to be a star at defensive back in the NFL, and is likely to go as high as the top 5. The Buccaneers could consider trading up to get Milliner, and I would be perfectly happy with this decision. Milliner is strong, athletic, and played in such a great system in Tuscaloosa that he will be ready for the challenges of the NFL. However, if the Buccaneers remain at the 13th position in the draft, Milliner will not be available and the Buccaneers should not, and hopefully will not, take a corner back.

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a free pewterreport.com insider, so I can post the link to this.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8719:srs-fab-5-1-18

Quote:
While with Seattle, most recently as the team’s assistant director of college scouting from 2010 through the 2012 NFL Draft, Stokes was involved in the acquisition of first-round Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas, third-round quarterback Russell Wilson, who emerged as both a starter and a star in 2012, and two starters in the secondary, safety Kam Chancellor and cornerback Richard Sherman, both of whom were late-round picks. Dominik was impressed with Stokes’ production in Seattle and also what he heard from Webster and Ruskell, who gave Stokes glowing references.

“Not only those two people but Mike Yawarsky, who was on Seattle’s staff and is back scouting with us, was also helpful,” Dominik said. “We had a lot of feelers out there and Eric had to want to come to Tampa as well. I like the idea of bringing in new thinkers to our organization, and people that look at things from different angles. I think that’s why Seattle has had the success they’ve had with guys like Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Russell Wilson and Russell Okung and some of the players they have been able to draft in recent years and Eric was a big part of that.

“He’s had a strong voice in that building. I’m good friends with John Schneider, who is the G.M. up in Seattle. There are a lot of reasons why he is here because a lot of people spoke very highly of him.”

Drafting a football player like the 5-foot-11, 203-pound Wilson to be an NFL quarterback because of his overwhelming intangibles despite the lack of ideal measureables is what a “gut feeling” is all about.

“The Buccaneers attack scouting players from so many different angles,” Stokes said. “They like some of the data, but there aren’t that many differences when you get down to it. The biggest difference may be some of their web-based stuff, some of the data-based stuff. I think attacking a player from so many different angles is the biggest difference. I’m kind of a meat and potatoes kind of guy. I like to keep it simpler. I go with my instincts and my gut, but I am having my eyes opened to this type of analyzation. That’s one thing I’ve definitely taken away from being here. It’s different, and it’s opened my eyes.”

As Stokes continues to work on his first draft in Tampa Bay, he likes how open to his different philosophies Dominik and Hickey have been, and how much he has learned about scouting from Tampa Bay’s systems that have already been in place.

“Mark is one of these forward thinkers and he is always looking for something different and wondering how he and the organization can get better. He’s looking from me to add to that,” Stokes said. “Given my background as a player, I am always searching for ‘What is the essence of a football player?’ That’s kind of one of my own personal questions. I want to know the essence of a football player. What is his character? What is his talent? What is going to allow us to win football games with him? I think those are some of the key questions that I get into, and the characteristics I keep coming back to are: tough, smart, reliable, competitive guys. Those are the guys I am always looking for. That’s the makeup I am looking for.

“That’s what my interview centered around. I don’t think you can have enough of those kind of guys, first and foremost. I think my different way of attacking things helped. That’s why this mesh has been so good. I’m learning some things from them and they are learning some things from me. I definitely think we are getting better as a front office.”

Love what Stukes brings. If you read the entire article, you know he likes both measurables and looks for instincts in football players. Uses the potential word a lot if they scout a guy and loves the physicality.

Quote:
• While there are no superstar players like quarterbacks Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III or running back Trent Richardson in the 2013 NFL Draft, the draft is solid at several positions, according to Bucs director of college scouting Eric Stokes.

I like the offensive line and D-line depth,” Stokes said. “There are going to be some players at wide receiver. I would say those are going to be the top areas. The secondary has some guys, but I think the tackles, guards and DTs are going to get people excited. There is going to be some quality players throughout at those positions. I think you are going to really see the draft hone in on those positions in particular.”

Don't be surprised if we draft Dline early and focus on Secondary in FA.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no doubt that the strength of this class in on the DLine and OLine. I was just talking to Soul Glo about big boards. Mine isn't finished yet, but my top-10 is set and 9 of those guys are on the DLine or OLine (Keenan Allen is the only one that's not...Dez Bryant 2.0).

If we stay at 13, the BPA could be a DLineman and I would be fine with that.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
There is no doubt that the strength of this class in on the DLine and OLine. I was just talking to Soul Glo about big boards. Mine isn't finished yet, but my top-10 is set and 9 of those guys are on the DLine or OLine (Keenan Allen is the only one that's not...Dez Bryant 2.0).

If we stay at 13, the BPA could be a DLineman and I would be fine with that.

No Dee Milliner in your top 10?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, what are the chances the Patriots may be open to dealing Ryan Mallett? Tom Brady is going to be New Englands QB for atleast the next 3 years, guranteed. Mallett is entering the 3rd year of his 4 year rookie contract.

From everything you hear about Mallett, he lives in the Film and Weight room and being under the tutledge and guidance of Bill Bellichik and Tom Brady only make this even more interesting.

Think Mark Dominik, if he addresses several holes early, could explore this trade scenario?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 23 of 56

Jump to: