Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear Ray Horton may be out with the coaching change in AZ.

I would love to bring him in as DC.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few thoughts (or a lot Laughing )
-People were asking about Mingo and where he'd fit, to be honest I don't know but I think he has the type of talent where you find him a spot. The most confusing part is that Clayborn is a RE, so that limits his chances in the scheme of things. Pass rushing wise he's the best speed rusher - right now - in this draft. He's stronger than Jordan and Jones, and unlike Jordan actually has a move or two (not saying he's better than Jones though - I think he's top three injuries aside in this class). Mingo can make impact plays and has a great closing speed, good motor and though he hasn't played much coverage at LSU sniffs out screens great and is good in space. He's got room to get bigger and add more moves to his repertoire. It'll be interesting where he fits in a 4-3, as I think he's a better fit in a 3-4..... but would definitely bring the speed rusher we desire.

-I love Ansah as well, way different player then Mingo. Ansah is versatile as they get and has good instincts especially considering his lack of experience. Great athlete, to have his speed and strength is phenominal. Have seen him track down RBs. I would like to see what he can do in a more pass rushing role as BYU did not really utilize him there, his speed is great but I don't think he did not have the same burst as JPP coming out. They are in similiar situations, but they are different players. He still plays high and needs to work on his moves/technique, but great kid with amazing potential. Very well could be top ten prospect in this draft.

For the Manti Teo story it is a very complex situation but either way how it turns out, he loses..... even if he was "duped" (which I have a hard time believing) it will still hurt him. There are so many holes in his story. & to begin with he never was a "special" athlete and he had issues in his game, so he's not an undeniable talent and we've seen just as good players fall in the draft before. Some NFL teams will cross him of their boards whether he was right or wrong, who will want that circus in town? It'd be hard pressed for a GM/Coach to put their job on the line and pick him early in the draft, day two might even be risky. There are so many holes in his story it is unbelievable. On the bright side, there has been some info released that does back him and it good for him to have ND backing him up (I'm surprised they acted so quickly, risking a lot for one kid.... must mean they do truly believe him or are just stupid). But as of right now the facts are against him. I do think the real story falls somewhat in the middle, some true and some false. Their are huge character questions, regardless of what the story is. My biggest issue is and why he'd be super low on my board is that, after watching the Tebow situation (a kid with the best character around) and the circus he brought, imagine the media Teo will bring? Some of his greatest things about him was his leadershiip and intangibles both now have major question marks. It is a situation I would not want to invest much in. Now again, if I am a Pats fan I may be more willing to take the risk. Either way, this is an absurd situation and one in which I'm having trouble to put my thoughts into words. He looks stupid to me know though honestly no matter how the story comes out.

Like your rankings R&p few things I'm thinking:
-Do not think Joekel is best in draft, not elite tackle of years past good and maybe top five though, who knows.... class is not very top heavy
-Got Werner and Mingo higher
-I don't think Fluker gets a first round grade
-I am so torn on Cordelle Patterson and where to put him, great talent and first rounder though
-It'd hard to not give Shariff Floyd and Justin Hunter first round grades IMO
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:

Same here. Hire Rod to DL and Horton to DC. Regardless of how Schiano feels about Sheridan, when coaches like this hit the market you have to reevaluate and make the best decision. I just dont see how keeping Sheridan is the best decision. Schiano needs to just swallow his pride and admit he made a bad hire. Best run D.. great. Our pass D lost us a number of games single handily. Regardless of players, some of that falls on scheme and the DC. There are better options in the market.

Smack ^
#FireLovie
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect my scouting to heat up real quick. One of my favorite weeks of the year is next week. Have every senior bowl practice set to record on the DVR. Expect full reports from me daily on both sides.

There are a few players that Inreally think have a high probability of becoming Bucs.

QB-EJ Manuel & Landry Jones
RB-Kenjon Barner, Mike Gillislie, Jonathan Franklin, Andre Ellington
WR-Markus Wheaton, Chris Harper, Tavon Austin, Ryan Swope
TE Ryan Otten, Travis Kelce, Mike Williams
DE-Ezekial Ansah, Margus Hunt, Alex Okafor, Datone Jones
DT-Kawann Short, Cory Grissom, John Jenkins, Jordan Hill, Everette Dawkins
LB-Khaseem Greene, Nico Johnson, Sean Porter, Arthur Brown, Kevin Riddick
CB-Jordan Poyer, Will Davis, Desmond Trufant, Leon McFadden, Marc Anthony, Johnny Adams, Dwayne Gratz, Johnthan Banks
S-Phillip Thomas, DJ Swearinger, Kenny Vaccaro

I know there are a ton of names there but I believe there are 3 future Bucs in the list above.

The biggest one to me is Johnthan Banks. Big rangy corner, want to see against the pretty good collection of WRs. Here is something from a recent interview I thought you guys would like...

Johnthan Banks wrote:
My greatest strength is that Iím usually bigger than most receivers I go up against and I can pretty much dominate those receivers. One thing I donít think people know about me is that Iím pretty physical and a really good tackler. One thing I can work on is awareness.

Obviously Millner is my top CB, but there is a strong chance we won't even have a chance at him. So between Rhodes and Banks is the next choice. I want to see Banks step up all week, mug wr's at the line continually, and be a factor in run support!

I'll also have a full break down of east west shrine game next week

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
RoeKG wrote:

Same here. Hire Rod to DL and Horton to DC. Regardless of how Schiano feels about Sheridan, when coaches like this hit the market you have to reevaluate and make the best decision. I just dont see how keeping Sheridan is the best decision. Schiano needs to just swallow his pride and admit he made a bad hire. Best run D.. great. Our pass D lost us a number of games single handily. Regardless of players, some of that falls on scheme and the DC. There are better options in the market.

Marinelli is headed to Dallas, but otherwise I completely agree.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horton is a great coach but will he adjust to Schianos scheme? Schiano seems content on keeping Sheridan.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horton is a pipe-dream. He has head coaching aspirations anyway so say we do hire him - he'd be outta here by Dec 2013 trying to be a head coach for a team like the Titans or Panthers. Tampa still needs to find a DL coach now that we canned our last guy. Marneilli would've been ideal but the guy decides to parter up with Kiffin. Yeah, even more reasons to cheer against those guys now. Cowboys defensive line is about to be A1 next year.

I want to see Alabama vs Miss. State game where Banks played against Julio Jones. Jones went 3 for 41 yards against State and it'll be cool to see how Banks played him.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
Horton is a pipe-dream. He has head coaching aspirations anyway so say we do hire him - he'd be outta here by Dec 2013 trying to be a head coach for a team like the Titans or Panthers. Tampa still needs to find a DL coach now that we canned our last guy. Marneilli would've been ideal but the guy decides to parter up with Kiffin. Yeah, even more reasons to cheer against those guys now. Cowboys defensive line is about to be A1 next year.

I want to see Alabama vs Miss. State game where Banks played against Julio Jones. Jones went 3 for 41 yards against State and it'll be cool to see how Banks played him.

That's even if banks lined up against him. He seemed to regress this year. A bit concerning. He's big but I didn't see him as a guy that jams or gets physical with Wrs at LOs. Not like a Poyer or Rhodes or even Logan Ryan.

Plays a ton of soft coverage and gives cushion. Senior bowl will r big for him.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:

That's even if banks lined up against him. He seemed to regress this year. A bit concerning. He's big but I didn't see him as a guy that jams or gets physical with Wrs at LOs. Not like a Poyer or Rhodes or even Logan Ryan.

Banks lined up against Julio in his Jr year and locked him down. Like I said, senior bowl will make or break Banks for me. He was hampered with a hamstring injury most of this year, so he said he's finally fully healthy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:

Banks lined up against Julio in his Jr year and locked him down. Like I said, senior bowl will make or break Banks for me. He was hampered with a hamstring injury most of this year, so he said he's finally fully healthy

Banks would have been a sophomore bc jones was in the nfl his jr. Year.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucs hired John McNulty to be QB coach
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Banks would have been a sophomore bc jones was in the nfl his jr. Year.

should have clarified that. I meant Julio's JR year

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:
Bucs hired John McNulty to be QB coach

Great hire, let's get Jerry Sullivan in here as WR coach. That would really complete the offensive staff

Defensively I feel like an ostrich with it's head in the ground. Dont know what they are doing. No DL or DB coach yet....nothing even breaking news wise on that front

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Our D Line coach didn't get fired.

garbage
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
^ Our D Line coach didn't get fired.

yeah just read that. Strange, everywhere said we let go of him, now he's staying?

like I said, lost on what they are doing defensively

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 22 of 56

Jump to: