Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8386/xavier-rhodes

Quote:
NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock says Florida State CB Xavier Rhodes is generating second-round grades from teams ahead of the Combine.
Mayock hinted that NFL teams aren't sure yet whether Rhodes will better fit at cornerback or safety. Some teams, like the Patriots, actually value safety-corner hybrids as opposed to downgrading them. "A guy like Xavier Rhodes, who's a corner and a safety," said Mayock, "... he right now has mostly second-round grades as a corner or a safety, depending on what he runs."

Yet in his first position rankings, which he put DL Dion Jordan as an OLB, he kept Rhodes at CB and has him ranked as the 2nd best guy behind Milliner.

Mayock is just reporting on what scouts are saying. It's not his view. He's just reporting what team evaluators are saying.

Plus they are his initial rankings. He's still evaluating.
Yeah and Jordan is a 3-4 OLB. I'm not sure what he is trying to say.

I apologize if I was not clear. All I was saying was if Mayock thought that Rhodes was a better S and only an average CB he would have moved him to the S position in his rankings and on top of that would not have him as the #2 CB up to this point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a pre combine big board coming tomorrow with some analysis, with the more I've looked into things I have some changes.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Read an article on PFT that Alec Ogeltree was pulled over in Arizona and cited with DUI. Again, I am at a loss for words on how these guys can be so foolish to cost themselves significant money by lacking self-control. Just stupid!

It's always a head scratcher. These 4 months are the most important interview of your life and you can't be responsible enough to stay out of trouble and not get arrested?

It seemingly happens every year...

Soul Glo wrote:
Got a pre combine big board coming tomorrow with some analysis, with the more I've looked into things I have some changes.

Looking forward to it.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't been super active. School is KILLING me....I'll try and get some stuff up soon guys.

If any of you are interested there is a huge mock draft on twitter. Follow along #mockone

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was reading an article on NFL.com and a surprise vet to get cut they say might be Jon Beason. The dude has been tore up on IR the last 2 years but was sensational from the get go for his first 4. If he hits the market would you go after him and put Foster at SLB with David still calling the plays?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Was reading an article on NFL.com and a surprise vet to get cut they say might be Jon Beason. The dude has been tore up on IR the last 2 years but was sensational from the get go for his first 4. If he hits the market would you go after him and put Foster at SLB with David still calling the plays?

YES

YES

YESSSSS

I would think he would want to come to Tampa as well. Get to stick it to the Panthers twice a year Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

YES

YES

YESSSSS

I would think he would want to come to Tampa as well. Get to stick it to the Panthers twice a year Very Happy

Yeah Id personally love it too. Idk if they would do it but with Kuechly being the MLB now, Carolina might find it better just to let Beason go, especially with his salary and recent injury history. To me, with Foster probably being best at SLB and our current need for a dominant 3rd LB to complete our core, we would be stupid not to get him with the $$$ we got. But he has to hit the market first.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding Beason at a veteran exception would be a great move. He's been successful in the MLB spot. Injuries are a risk with him, but if we add him and move Mason Foster to the SLB, that'd really stick it to the Panthers and strengthen our LB core.

Also, if they release Chris Gambel, I'd love to have him as well.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

question:

If and when Nmadi Asomugah is released, would you sign him? I know he had 2 bad years in Philly, but I just think he was a bad fit in the Zone based Scheme.

He's a good player who I think still has 2-3 good years left in him. He'd fit our scheme and he'll likely be a lot more affordable now.
5nick5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd be awesome if we got Beason. I think MD definitely needs to look into it if Carolina cuts him. When healthy he's a great player.

I think Nnamdi would be a good fit here. Like R&P said he was a product of a bad scheme in Philly. He's a high-character guy and can be a shutdown corner if used properly.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
question:

If and when Nmadi Asomugah is released, would you sign him? I know he had 2 bad years in Philly, but I just think he was a bad fit in the Zone based Scheme.

He's a good player who I think still has 2-3 good years left in him. He'd fit our scheme and he'll likely be a lot more affordable now.

Would definitely welcome him, philly was a bad fit and he needs a change of scenery. Would be our best corner without a doubt
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRE COMBINE BIG BOARD

1. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
+: The best and safest prospect in the 2013 draft class. Extraordinary strength with violent hands, guy who you cannot push back. Please with an impressive motor and mean streak. Big guy with explosiveness to get into the backfield, high character guy. Play style reminds me of Ngata/Suh.
-: In a league where pass rushing DTs are the most valuable, I'm not sure if he will ever be a big time pass rusher. Not an elite first step, better as a run defender.

2. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
+: Playmaking OLB that always has his nose around the ball. Plays with a violent motor and instinctive, extremely disruptive getting to the QB but also can play the run and has shown ability in coverage as well. From all accounts, enjoyableteammate. Can be a Von Miller style of playmaker.
-: Despite what you may hear, this kid is not the elite prospect that Von Miller was coming out of Texas A&M. Not as explosive or strong as Miller and I do not think he'll as dominant of a pass rusher at the next level. Needs to put on more weight. Has legit injury concerns, that may or may not have a big impact on his career.

3. Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
+: Absolutely love his body type, big and long with room to continue to grow. Impressive athlete, moves nicely in space. Versatile. Lots of potential as a pass rusher, has some moves + energetic motor.
-: Not a special burst off the line for the athlete he is, has not put it all together. At this point it is more what he can be than what he is. Inconsistent.

4. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
+: Absolute love his frame and athletic ability. Nice kid, with very nice technique. Has all-pro LT talent.
-: Can get stronger, can get beat inside. Did not play against big time competition in college.

5. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
+: Low risk prospect, who has NFL technique. High character kid who has a nice frame and moves well. NFL ready and safe pick.
-: Not a physical talent that stands out, can get stronger and improve as run blocker.

6. Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
+: Complete player who can wreak havoc as both a pass rusher and run defender. Very instinctive and smart player. Quick burst off the line, has impressive snap awareness/plays the snap well. Above average athlete and is a very strong guy. Mature/high character person.
-: Would like to see him improve his motor, I don't think it is a question with his effort so it can be improved. Do not think he's very versatile schematically.

7. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
+: Absolute mauler, extremely strong and can push people around. Smart kid and it shows on the field. Big and athletic, impressive in pass and run blocking. Super safe prospect, and one of the best guard prospect you will find.
-: You'd like him to be taller/longer, not elite in movement skills, played around a ton of NFL talent at Bama.

8. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
+: Character questions to the side, I think he is a top five talent in this draft. DTs with his movement skills are rare and is without a doubt a top notch athlete. Can explode by interior linemen based off his burst alone and his motor is astonishing. You barely ever see a DT making plays 20 yards down the field or catch a RB from behind, but due to Richardson's physical gifts and motor he can do just that. I see Geno Atkins type potential in Richardson. He can be a deadly pass rusher from the inside. Like the fire he plays with.
-: He does have character questions. Raw in terms of technique and moves, has lots of room to grow there. Overpursues at times, can get pushed back in the run game. Sometimes pursues plays sideline to sideline rather than just blowing up the play in the backfield. He's a guy who will be as good as he wants to be.

9. KeKe Mingo, DE, LSU
+: Most explosive pass rusher in this draft and has a super quick first step, if ended up the scariest pass rusher in this draft I would not be surprised. consistent motor and instincts.
-: Under developed physically and has the frame to put on much more size. Inconsistent as a player and still has refining to due in his technique + pass rushing moves. Not much of a run defender, can get washed out of plays due to size. Makes plenty of plays where causes pressure but does not consistently finish the play.

10. Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
+: Gets overly criticized for not being the elite prospect Luck and RG3 were... good QB prospect with franchise QB talent. Biggest strength is the accuracy he plays. Hits targets in strides consistently and can make throws all over the field. Understands ball placements and has the ability to rocket balls into tight spaces. Good arm talent with quick release. Hard worker who is a good athlete and is a threat as a runner or to make throws on the run. Not afraid to take a hit while delivering throws and has had quite a productive career.
-: Needs to improve footwork within the pocket, can get sloppy and make things harder than they need to be. Pocket awareness can improve. Not a guy with elite size or arm strength. Shows flashes of inconsistency, when he's not on he can go into spurts where he looks unpoised and pressing.

11. Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
+: Oozing with potential. Frame you dream of with super long arms, strong, and amazing athlete. Instinctive kid and can swat down passes at the LOS. Amazing speed for his size, can catch players from behind. Impressive as a run defender, has the motor you like, violent hands, and has tons of potential as a pass rusher. Kid has no character questions and tons of versatility.
-: As inexperienced as they get, needs lots of work on his technique and pass rush moves. Better as a run defender right now. Despite being a spectacular athlete, not a scary burst off the line... not as similar to JPP as they say. He's a guy you are going to have to mold.

12. Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
+: Unbelievable athlete, kid has LT feet. Really close to Warmack. Can get to the next level as quick as anybody. Amazing pass blocker. From all reports, great kid as well. Has the athletic ability to play multiple spots as well. Extremely impressive college career.
-: Would like to see him have more size, better pass blocker than run blocker. Better fit for ZBS?

13. Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
+: Versatile, athletic, versatile player who plays with a real mean streak. Love his background story. Angry run defender, very disruptive. Violent hands with non stop effort. Has potential as pass rusher. Plays bigger than he is, strong lower body.
-: Still hasn't completely put his game together, will need to improve technique and moves. Not great size. Not sure where he fits best.

14. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
+: Absolutely freaky athlete, moves very well. Nice frame and could be a special pass blocker. Seems to understand the position pretty well despite being inexperience as a LT. Plays with mean streak.
-: Has ways to go. Can improve as run blocker and needs to work on technique. Might need to add more weight, can get beat inside.

15. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
+: Has outstanding potential. Physical, press corner who is an outstanding athlete. Big, long body with instincts and ball skills.
-: Technique has a lot of fining up to do. Hasn't played corner very long. Can improve in zone coverage. How quick of a learner is he? Speed a question?

16. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
+: BIG, long corner with impressive ball skills and extremely physical style of play. Tons of effort as a run defender has nice instincts. NFL ready and comfortable in zone coverage. Safe pick.
-: Can get beat deep, questionable speed. Can get beat in man. Had a sepcial defense around him at Bama. Not sure if he'll ever be a top cover corner.

17. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
+: Tons of potential, freaky athlete. 6'4 guys that are smooth/fluid as him are hard to find. With his size it is special how he gets out of cuts when running routes. Can go up and get the ball, has the ball skills. Big guy who is a vertical threat, plucks the ball away from his body. #1 WR talent.
-: Still doesn't look completely back from his ACL injury, but not a big worry. Makes some mental mistakes, will drop some easy ones. Can get stronger/more physical. Dances around too much with ball in his hand.

18. Keenan Allen, WR, California
+: Safe pick, precise route runner and catches everything thrown his way. Nice length, physical guy, and shifty/quick out of cuts.
-: Not a standout athlete or vertical threat, can get stronger. Not sure about his jump ball skills. #1 or #2 WR? How high is his ceiling?

19. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
+: Athletic safety with ideal body type, great range. Plays man to man like a corner and can lock down slot WRs + TEs. Nice ball skills.
-: Inconsistent as a tackler, will miss some. Hasn't played a ton of deep ball safety.

20. Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
+: Big, strong NT that does not get pushed back. Really solid against the run. His range and motor for a guy his size is quite impressive.
-: These days non passrushing DTs are losing values, leading to Hankins slight slip on this big board. Needs to improve conditioning, play with more of a mean streak.

21. Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
+: Big DT with quick-titch athletic ability. Disruptive with a very quick first step, nice pass rushing DT and gets into the backfield.
-: Can over pursue as a run defender, needs to improve against the run. Looks like he can get stronger and get into better shape.

22. Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
+: Complete DE, with all around game. Plays with a swagger and excels as a run defender. Can get to QB with variety of moves and has a motor that you can count on, violent hands. Brings high energy.
-: Maturity questions are there. Not sure if he'll ever be elite pass rusher. Not the athlete his teammate Mingo is.

23. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
+: Absolutely just a freak athlete and there is a high chance he is the first WR off the board. Most dangerous open field player in the draft. His size/strength with his COD ability and speed is ridiculous. Definition of a playmaker, endless potential. Get him the ball and good things happen.
-: Several questions about him. Not a polished receiver. Needs to improve as a route runner. Inconsistent hands, does not look like natural pass catcher. Lets the ball get into his body and does not do a great job of tracking the ball. Despite athleticism, has not shown much as a jump ball receiver.

24. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
+: Instant mismatch for anyone who guards him. Can't miss long frame. Throw up the ball and he will get it. Very natural receiver skills out there, looks like a wideout. Shows the effort you want as a blocker. Best TE in the class.
-: Not a above average blocker, improved as a senior but still not impressive in that regard. Not much of a threat with the ball in his hands.

25. Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon
+: One of the freakiest athletes in the draft. Tall, long frame with spectacular speed and quickness to go with it. Seems like a high character kid by all accounts and has plenty of potential. Versatile, can drop into coverage. Shows the talent to be something as a passrusher. Not a guy you are going to run away from.
-: More of a athlete than football player at this point, can look lost at times. Needs to get some pass rushing moves. Not much of a run defender and needs to add strength. There's risk with him.

26. Deandre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
+: Maybe the most ready WR in the draft. Complete route runner who attacks the ball. Top notch ball skills and shifty in and out of cuts. Consistent player who you can count on. The most physical WR in the draft. Refuses to go down, very natural runner in the open field.
-: Not a special athlete, will not blow by corners and not terrific at out-jumping guys either. #1 receiver or #2 receiver?

27. DJ Fluker, RT/G, Alabama
+: Absolutely MONSTER of a man. Huge frame and body, freaky strong. Never ending long length that will swallow you up. If he gets a hold you, you are done. Mauler in the run game and a solid athlete for a guy this big. Productive college career, physical specimen. Can play RT or inside at the next level.
-: Not 100% sure he can play outside at the NFL, his body size can slow him down at times and not great movement skills. Better as a run blocker than a pass blocker. Played on a absolutely stacked team in college. Won't be a LT at the next level.

28. Khasmeen Greene, LB, Rutgers
+: Complete LB with speed that shows he used to play safety, and instincts. Leader with high character who guys can rally behind. Plays hard and a wrap up tackler. Might be best cover backer in the draft. Stronger than size indicates. Makes plays simple as that, has a knack for getting to QB. Complete player who you can rely on.
-: Not ideal size, not very versatile schematically. Needs to be more consistent as run defender/getting off blocks. He gets the Lavonte David comparison but didn't attack the backfield as aggresively as David did nor was as instinctive/fast.

29. Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
+: Super long corner, with perfect height and frame. Terrific ball skills, has a knack for making big plays. Can guard the biggers WRs and moves fluidly. Physical and not afraid to mix it up in the run game.
-: Can get beat in and out of cuts by shiftier guys, how good is his long speed? Needs to get stronger. For a guy who has the body of a press corner he plays off way too much.

30. Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
+: Freaky athlete, top 20 talent in this draft. Runs like a deer and covers sideline to sideline effortlessly. Very talented in pass coverage, and attacks the run game with aggressiveness.
-: Lot of character concerns, just got a DUI a few days ago & has had problems throughout his time at UGA. Is he focused? Undersized, better fit as WLB.... not a fit in everyone's scheme. Needs to improved getting off blocks and read/react quicker.

31. Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
+: Big DT with explosive playmaking ability. Impressive burst and can get into the backfield. Disruptive vs pass & run. Strong guy, does not get moved easily. Violent hands and good moves.
-: Does not seem to be in great physical condition, not a great motor. Won't chase play if it's not in front of hom. Effort a question? Runs hot and cold.

32. Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
+: Big DT that can move and plays hard. Plays with a mean streak and does not back down. Underrated athlete who is as strong as he looks. Plays the run great, but offers more playmaking ability than most NTs. Flies around the field, impressive energy for guy his size. Physical talent, does not get moved around.
-: There are some question marks about him personally. Will never be a great pass rusher, more of a run stuffing player.

Top 3 Not Listed by Position:
QB: Wilson, Glennon, Nassib
RB: Stepfan Taylor, Lacy, Bernard
WR: Williams, Austin, Wheaton
TE: Escobar, Reed, Kelce
OL: Warford, Jones, Watson
DE: Okafor, Carradine, Jones
DT: Jenkins, Williams, Hughes
LB: Minter, Brown, Teo
CB: Poyer, Trufant, Wreh-Wilson
S: Swearinger, Elam, Reid
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn SG you are putting some seious overtime in lately Very Happy

Nice work, nice read.

If we stay at 13 we should have no problem getting a player that will help us right away.

A few guys I like at that spot are Richardson, Ansah, Rhodes, Vaccaro, Floyd and Milliner.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Damn SG you are putting some seious overtime in lately Very Happy

Nice work, nice read.

If we stay at 13 we should have no problem getting a player that will help us right away.

A few guys I like at that spot are Richardson, Ansah, Rhodes, Vaccaro, Floyd and Milliner.

Just finished reading it. Awesome presentation, SG.

Greene over Ogletree is interesting. I kind of like it, especially after Ogletree's latest arrest (as if he didn't have enough character concerns already).

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stat line: qb Ej Manuel completed 73% of his passes on the intermediate throws between 7-20 yards.

If we go qb I'm starting to really like him as the choice. I see nothing that conparisons him and josh freeman other than physical stature and arm strength.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 35 of 56

Jump to: