Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
Pretty interesting breakdown of the top CB prospects and how they fared in coverage this season.

https://twitter.com/JPSTATS/status/301451176896000000/photo/1/large

I'm really starting to want Rhodes at 13. The more I'm watching the more I'm considering putting him in my top 15.
Those are interesting stats but I have a feeling they are what they are - numbers. I have a gut feeling Banks will be a better NFL player than he was in college. Guys like Milliner and Rhodes benefited greatly from a great pass rush all year round. Who knows what those guys will play like when the pass rush can't hold up. I do like about Milliner and Rhodes is often, (more so about Milliner) he is left on an island. And he isn't overly aggressive in bump coverage so I think he'll have a smooth transition. Compares favorably to Joe Haden.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
What are your guys thoughts on Bostic and Mauti? Personally I love both of them. They both have great instincts at the linebacker position. I think both first round LB prospect are overrated(Te'O and Ogletree) Especially Ogletree.

Besides being a Penn State homer, Mauti is actually pretty good and a lot of PSU backers have been unexpected studs in recent years (Bowman, Lee).
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegades5544 wrote:
I don't see Cox or Lewis making it to free agency. And I'm not in love with DRC, Smith, or Williams but I think we need to sign one of them. I don't think any of them are true #1 corners but they are going to get paid like they are just because that is the nature of free agency- people get overpaid. But I think CB is enough of a need that even if they are good #2 corners and we find our future #1 in the draft, a la Dallas last year, then our secondary is going to be in good shape going forwards.

For me, in free agency I'd like to see us sign one of those corners, a defensive end, a tight end, and a defensive tackle. Then in the draft target a CB in the first, and best player available at slot receiver, linebacker, free safety, or tackle from there on out.

The steelers are 16 million over the cap. I'm not sure how tey retain any of their top free agents.
5nick5

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
What are your guys thoughts on Bostic and Mauti? Personally I love both of them. They both have great instincts at the linebacker position. I think both first round LB prospect are overrated(Te'O and Ogletree) Especially Ogletree.

Mauti's good, just injury prone. He's definitely worth the risk past the 4th or 5th-round. Bostic is incredibly underrated. I've seen him play live and he always tears it up. In my mind, he's a 2nd-3rd round prospect that might be around in the 4th or 5th round. Either one of them would be steals in my opinion.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
DTMW78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's your kick off / punt returner and is he any good?

^^^^
Stone 85 on the sig
DTMW78

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^
Stone 85 on the sig
BBando

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DTMW78 wrote:
Awful.

garbage
Renegades5544

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Renegades5544 wrote:
I don't see Cox or Lewis making it to free agency. And I'm not in love with DRC, Smith, or Williams but I think we need to sign one of them. I don't think any of them are true #1 corners but they are going to get paid like they are just because that is the nature of free agency- people get overpaid. But I think CB is enough of a need that even if they are good #2 corners and we find our future #1 in the draft, a la Dallas last year, then our secondary is going to be in good shape going forwards.

For me, in free agency I'd like to see us sign one of those corners, a defensive end, a tight end, and a defensive tackle. Then in the draft target a CB in the first, and best player available at slot receiver, linebacker, free safety, or tackle from there on out.

The steelers are 16 million over the cap. I'm not sure how tey retain any of their top free agents.

I hope you're right. The more corners on the market the better.

^Props to eggybucsfan31 for the sig ^
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renegades5544 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Renegades5544 wrote:

If we got Keenan Lewis I would be pumped. He is a great cover corner.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Renegades5544 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Renegades5544 wrote:

Lewis only played good football for 1 year in his contract season. Even signing Lewis is a gamble because you just don't know what you'll get. Lewis is just as of a gamble as Smith, Grimes, DRC, or Williams.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
Renegades5544 wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Renegades5544 wrote:

Lewis only played good football for 1 year in his contract season. Even signing Lewis is a gamble because you just don't know what you'll get. Lewis is just as of a gamble as Smith, Grimes, DRC, or Williams.
scottonatable

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im shocked the packers let go of Charles Woodson
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottonatable wrote:

I know we always talk about the merit of adding most free agents, but we really, really should be looking at adding Woodson.

If we got Woodson and another, younger FA, and drafted a guy, our secondary wouldn't be having any more trouble. Or at least not like last year.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
scottonatable wrote:

I know we always talk about the merit of adding most free agents, but we really, really should be looking at adding Woodson.

If we got Woodson and another, younger FA, and drafted a guy, our secondary wouldn't be having any more trouble. Or at least not like last year.

Woodson was moved to FS last year, just like Ronde. I think we need to wait and see with Ronde first. IF we go ahead and add Woodson, what does that say to Ronde Barber?

If Barber retires, then we go after him. Both vets and Future HOF are best suited as FS's. Both were pretty darn good their as well.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Ronde at this point in his career is probably best suited for the slot. Is he really expected to be a starter at 38 years old? The guy is all-world and I hope he comes back but he is undersized for the safety position already and age has to catch up sooner or later. If he played the slot it would let him stay close to the line, not have to play every snap yet keep his leadership on the field and in the locker room.

Woodson while he doesn't have many years left either is 2 years younger and only a season removed from getting 7ints in 2011. Has better size at 6'1" 200lbs compared to Ronde 5'10" 185lbs.

I doubt we go after Woodson but if we did have him at fs, Barron ss, Ronde in the slot and draft 2 corners - Rhodes/Trufant.... Shocked

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 33 of 56

Jump to: