Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know many people will want to punch me in the face, but I'd say a developmental QB in the first 3 rounds needs to be looked at.

Freeman's lack of conisistancy and failure to improve footwork, accuracy, and decision making is not something you feel confident in your "franchise QB." Failure to step up in big games and missing key throws when you need to make them also makes him a question mark, and all of this after 4 years of starting in this league.

I'd say there a few guys that should be around in rounds 2 and 3. Two that have really flown under the radar and like are Aaron Murray and Ryan Nassib. From the film I've seen on Murray, he's similar to Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Not Brees in the Height perspective, but he's very accurate, quick decisions, throws a very nice and accurate deep ball that can vertically stretch defenses, and has very good pocket awareness. Add on he was the most efficient QB in college football with 31 TDs to 8INTs and 65+% completion percentage playing in the toughest conference in college football, bodes well. He was also the QB that the Manning's and other Scouts were raving about in terms of Arm Strength, footwork, accuracy, and awareness. Just seemed he had it all, but his knock is his height.

TBH, I'm just gonna be honest.... that'd be the stupidest decision our FO could make. & lets just be real, that comment would have been ridiculous two weeks ago.... so has Freeman completely changed as a player in two weeks, or what? & lets not act like his decision making or footwork hasn't improved. His footwork has been ugly these past two weeks, but you can't deny that our patchwork line is finally getting exposed. His decision making? only RGIII, Brady, and Big Ben have thrown less who are full time starters. His accuracy comes and goes, and his consistency is needs to improve. BUT THE KID IS 24 YEARS OLD and very well might be the damn best QB this franchise has ever had. He's had a bunch of different coordinators, and is still learning... it'd be stupid to restart on him.

& are you really questioning Free's clutch gene? Because that is one of the farthest things away from his problems. He didn't see Jackson (which happens to all QBs all the time) and missed Williams, which was bad, but lets just be honest and say he played a good game and there were plenty other and bigger reasons we lost that game. I remember him battling with Eli and Brees and very well could have beat both but refs made some questionable calls. I remember the Carolina game, I remember him stepping up on TNF against a hot Minnesota team. Thing is he does have issues to work on, but he also has three more games left to show us something and has showed a lot of positives this season.

Problem is, this is the NFL. You cannot continue to bank on Potential for a guy who's 4 years into the league.

Does he have a clutch gene? Sure, against teams that aren't very good. But when you need him to be clutch against teams like Atlanta, Denver, Washington, Dallas, early in the year, he doesn't show up.

He went toe to toe with Brees because the Saints pass defense might be 2nd worst to Tampa's. We needed a WIN against a horrible Eagles team that just got smoked against the Bengals. Couldn't even do that and Freeman completed 40% of his passes against a team that was allowing 76% completion rate. That was his 3rd game under 50% and where he looked completely lost. Not what you want out of a 4 year starter and "franchise QB."

Honestly, I'd love for him to rub it in my face and shut me up. Because it sucks to have to start over after investing that much time into a 1st round QB. But I'm trying NOT to be a Buc Fan Homer here. He's 24 years old, but he's been in this league for 4 years now, and started every year. (10 games rookie year) then full year starter the next 3. Time's on his side, but really he has 1 year to impress the staff and front office.

I'm just saying this as a guy who has watched countless teams have franchise guys, and us not have one. & to invest a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a QB in a terrible QB draft would be beyond dumb. guys like Eli Manning and Big Ben , they did not put it together in a day. Eli's first 4 years are worst than Free's. QBs have adjust and it takes time to put it all together in this league.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know many people will want to punch me in the face, but I'd say a developmental QB in the first 3 rounds needs to be looked at.

Freeman's lack of conisistancy and failure to improve footwork, accuracy, and decision making is not something you feel confident in your "franchise QB." Failure to step up in big games and missing key throws when you need to make them also makes him a question mark, and all of this after 4 years of starting in this league.

I'd say there a few guys that should be around in rounds 2 and 3. Two that have really flown under the radar and like are Aaron Murray and Ryan Nassib. From the film I've seen on Murray, he's similar to Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Not Brees in the Height perspective, but he's very accurate, quick decisions, throws a very nice and accurate deep ball that can vertically stretch defenses, and has very good pocket awareness. Add on he was the most efficient QB in college football with 31 TDs to 8INTs and 65+% completion percentage playing in the toughest conference in college football, bodes well. He was also the QB that the Manning's and other Scouts were raving about in terms of Arm Strength, footwork, accuracy, and awareness. Just seemed he had it all, but his knock is his height.

TBH, I'm just gonna be honest.... that'd be the stupidest decision our FO could make. & lets just be real, that comment would have been ridiculous two weeks ago.... so has Freeman completely changed as a player in two weeks, or what? & lets not act like his decision making or footwork hasn't improved. His footwork has been ugly these past two weeks, but you can't deny that our patchwork line is finally getting exposed. His decision making? only RGIII, Brady, and Big Ben have thrown less who are full time starters. His accuracy comes and goes, and his consistency is needs to improve. BUT THE KID IS 24 YEARS OLD and very well might be the damn best QB this franchise has ever had. He's had a bunch of different coordinators, and is still learning... it'd be stupid to restart on him.

& are you really questioning Free's clutch gene? Because that is one of the farthest things away from his problems. He didn't see Jackson (which happens to all QBs all the time) and missed Williams, which was bad, but lets just be honest and say he played a good game and there were plenty other and bigger reasons we lost that game. I remember him battling with Eli and Brees and very well could have beat both but refs made some questionable calls. I remember the Carolina game, I remember him stepping up on TNF against a hot Minnesota team. Thing is he does have issues to work on, but he also has three more games left to show us something and has showed a lot of positives this season.

Problem is, this is the NFL. You cannot continue to bank on Potential for a guy who's 4 years into the league.

Does he have a clutch gene? Sure, against teams that aren't very good. But when you need him to be clutch against teams like Atlanta, Denver, Washington, Dallas, early in the year, he doesn't show up.

He went toe to toe with Brees because the Saints pass defense might be 2nd worst to Tampa's. We needed a WIN against a horrible Eagles team that just got smoked against the Bengals. Couldn't even do that and Freeman completed 40% of his passes against a team that was allowing 76% completion rate. That was his 3rd game under 50% and where he looked completely lost. Not what you want out of a 4 year starter and "franchise QB."

Honestly, I'd love for him to rub it in my face and shut me up. Because it sucks to have to start over after investing that much time into a 1st round QB. But I'm trying NOT to be a Buc Fan Homer here. He's 24 years old, but he's been in this league for 4 years now, and started every year. (10 games rookie year) then full year starter the next 3. Time's on his side, but really he has 1 year to impress the staff and front office.

I'm just saying this as a guy who has watched countless teams have franchise guys, and us not have one. & to invest a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a QB in a terrible QB draft would be beyond dumb. guys like Eli Manning and Big Ben , they did not put it together in a day. Eli's first 4 years are worst than Free's. QBs have adjust and it takes time to put it all together in this league.

I just don';t like the Eli comparison at all. The same career paths? Yes. But Eli was a winner. Stats aren't everything. Can you make the throws when your team needs you? Can you step up and be a gamer in the big game?

Freeman and Eli's game is nothing alike. I just don't like the comparison at all.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A project qb in the first three rounds... NO THANKS!

For what to "push" Freeman?

To eventually become the man?

We have huge needs on defense. Multiple corners, rush end, free safety, strong side backer.

Offense a te, legit slot receiver.

We should select a guy that might never set foot on the field during a live game Brick wall

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we pick a quarterback, it shouldn't be in the first 5 rounds. I wouldn't mind a guy like Manuel in the 7th, but let's be honest, this year's class sucks, from the top down.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Echo the sentiment of others, the CB class is considered deep, but there are no elite CBs at the top of the draft board. There may not be much of a difference between the top ranked guys and a guy you can get in the third round.

No way they bring Wright back with his current contract. Plenty of money to get an established CB in free agency. I think the organization is smart enough to not just focus on one or two positions in the first round. If an offensive guy can make a difference, by all means draft him in the first round.
NotoriouZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Dion Jordan?? I would love to draft him in the first and maybe get Desmond Trufaunt in the second.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm embarassed right now, I still think Free gets two years with Schiano.... and I want to give him that, especially since I'd take him over this QB class. But his job might be in more trouble than I ever thought. I'll eat my crow, not giving up on him, but his urgency and his play of late is mind-blogging. This regression the past few weeks.... wow.
5nick5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

When the team needed some wins this season he couldn't deliver. Countless 3 & Outs, inaccurate throws, and today turnovers. It's ridiculous.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

When the team needed some wins this season he couldn't deliver. Countless 3 & Outs, inaccurate throws, and today turnovers. It's ridiculous.

^^^^^ post above.

I've rewatched and studied Free in the Philly/Denver games and could see where he did not deserved total blame and where things went wrong. Today you can't even make exscuses because it was dreadful. These last three games are on him. It's shame our offense was looking awesome for a little awhile, here's to hoping he gets his head out of his ***. Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes
klopp24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish we would of drafted Russell Wilson...I was on his wagon from day 1 and look at him now.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this, these next two games will be huge for him.

If I had to bet he'll be the guy going into next season (not sure if it is deserved or not, this season is a roller coaster). Next years performance will be do or die for him. It'll be a damn shame if he never puts it together.

& to R&P from earlier, I'll admit I was wrong to say that Josh's job should be in question would be stupid, after these past few weeks, it certainly is. I do think with how special he's been at times he should get 2013 as a do or die year, but hell if he bombs these next two games... you never know. It'll be a damn shame if he never pans out.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
I will say this, these next two games will be huge for him.

If I had to bet he'll be the guy going into next season (not sure if it is deserved or not, this season is a roller coaster). Next years performance will be do or die for him. It'll be a damn shame if he never puts it together.

& to R&P from earlier, I'll admit I was wrong to say that Josh's job should be in question would be stupid, after these past few weeks, it certainly is. I do think with how special he's been at times he should get 2013 as a do or die year, but hell if he bombs these next two games... you never know. It'll be a damn shame if he never pans out.

The problem with the situation is that if we offer him a 1 year deal, he could refuse to take it and walk. He's a FA after all. Our options are 1.) Lock him up long term, 2.) Offer him a short deal and pray he takes it, or 3.) Move on in some way.

Letting him walk likely sacrifices a season at least and puts Dominik and Schiano's jobs in jeopardy.

Keeping him around might seem better short term, but if he doesn't improve (and there's little reason to think he will) then we are in a worse situation for even longer.

Whatever happens it likely won't be pretty, unless Freeman really, really turns things around from where he is right now.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we hurry we can still get a top 10 pick and my T'eo dream still lives
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

Still not sure how you could possibly want him. Is he a good prospect? Sure, not that great of an athlete but certainly has potential. But how in the hell is a middle linebacker going to help our terrible quarterback situation or WORST OF ALL TIME pass defense? We need corners more than anything, or pass rushers.

If we had Manti Teo right now, we would be in the exact same place. This defense would not be any better, so why do we need him again?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Still not sure how you could possibly want him. Is he a good prospect? Sure, not that great of an athlete but certainly has potential. But how in the hell is a middle linebacker going to help our terrible quarterback situation or WORST OF ALL TIME pass defense? We need corners more than anything, or pass rushers.

If we had Manti Teo right now, we would be in the exact same place. This defense would not be any better, so why do we need him again?

truuuuuuuueeee, Teo is a good prospect and all but I don't even think he is a guaranteed stud LB in the pros, not even mentioning that linebacker is the least of our problems.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 2 of 56

Jump to: