Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oak WR's could be on block ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
NickButera wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
best wrs on the team
1. dhb- people love to say he drops hella balls but stats show otherwise
2. streater- as an undrafted rookie he looks promising
3. moore- strickly a deep threat most inconsistent hands of the core, hates going across the field

I agree with you. However, for what it's worth, Jerry McDonald tweeted just a couple weeks ago how DHB and Moore were both ranked about 120ish in amount of dropped balls in the league, very near the bottom. I like DHB, and has probably helped himself go up a bit these last few weeks, but overall stats say he's not doing well in the dropped balls category.

I could be wrong, or it could have been longer ago, but I vividly remember that tweet because it surprised me so much.

is that career numbers or this season?
got link?

Yea, had to dig to find it. It was Vic Tafur quoting PFF. It was 2 weeks ago, and it was drop rate, not dropped balls, so there is a slight difference there that I didn't remember. More of a percentage of drops based off of catchable balls, according to PFF.

https://twitter.com/VicTafur/status/276058722252517378

Quote:
Denarius Moore (w/ 8 ) ranks 162nd in drop rate (of catchable balls), per @PFF ... Heyward Bey is 144th, and Rod Streater is 161st, both w/ 5

DHB was really surprising to me, as I don't recall him dropping nearly as many balls as Moore has so far.

maybe im reading it wrong but dropping 5 balls throughout a whole season isnt bad imo. is it?

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
m52876

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a whole fleet of #3s. DHB, Moore, Ford, Steater. All 3s. If we can move a couple let's get to it.

I really don't see us getting much more than a 6 or 7 but I would rather have the picks than the fleet of 3s.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
NickButera wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
NickButera wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
best wrs on the team
3. moore- strickly a deep threat most inconsistent hands of the core, hates going across the field

I agree with you. However, for what it's worth, Jerry McDonald tweeted just a couple weeks ago how DHB and Moore were both ranked about 120ish in amount of dropped balls in the league, very near the bottom. I like DHB, and has probably helped himself go up a bit these last few weeks, but overall stats say he's not doing well in the dropped balls category.

I could be wrong, or it could have been longer ago, but I vividly remember that tweet because it surprised me so much.

got link?

Yea, had to dig to find it. It was Vic Tafur quoting PFF. It was 2 weeks ago, and it was drop rate, not dropped balls, so there is a slight difference there that I didn't remember. More of a percentage of drops based off of catchable balls, according to PFF.

Quote:
Denarius Moore (w/ 8 ) ranks 162nd in drop rate (of catchable balls), per @PFF ... Heyward Bey is 144th, and Rod Streater is 161st, both w/ 5

DHB was really surprising to me, as I don't recall him dropping nearly as many balls as Moore has so far.

maybe im reading it wrong but dropping 5 balls throughout a whole season isnt bad imo. is it?

Definatley way down from past years. But I really could swear that Moore has dropped a ton more balls than DHB. Streater probably more than DHB as well. I wonder when these stats were taken. It seems to me Moore has dropped at least two per game, sometimes more.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m52876 wrote:
We have a whole fleet of #3s. DHB, Moore, Ford, Steater. All 3s. If we can move a couple let's get to it.

I really don't see us getting much more than a 6 or 7 but I would rather have the picks than the fleet of 3s.

The first part is the honest truth. They are really all #3s so far. Occasionally they step up and have #2 worthy games or stretches. But not consistenly, therefore good #3s.

6th and 7th round picks won't make it any better however..
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
remember when we thought all these guys had potential? Since Carson Palmer has been here they have all gone down the drain. We had to get rid of Murphy because he became a distraction, ford is coincidentally hurt, Dhb who had nearly 1000 yards last season took a step back and Moore is worse lol.

Everyone is worse and he is common denominator or is it Knapp? Either way the both should go.
yea more like when Knapp got here they went down the drain. Last year you saw Carson going vertical with Moore and Ford.And this year is nothing but dink and dunk. Btw DHB is nothing more than a 3rd wr option at best, and a high priced one at that. Would like to see him cut since we couldn't get a bag of rocks in return for him.
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
remember when we thought all these guys had potential? Since Carson Palmer has been here they have all gone down the drain. We had to get rid of Murphy because he became a distraction, ford is coincidentally hurt, Dhb who had nearly 1000 yards last season took a step back and Moore is worse lol.

Everyone is worse and he is common denominator or is it Knapp? Either way the both should go.
yea more like when Knapp got here they went down the drain. Last year you saw Carson going vertical with Moore and Ford.And this year is nothing but dink and dunk. Btw DHB is nothing more than a 3rd wr option at best, and a high priced one at that. Would like to see him cut since we couldn't get a bag of rocks in return for him.

I don't buy this, we went deep to Moore just as much this year. He stopped taking the ball in the air aggresively like he did last year, and morphed into a carbon copy of DHB deep. In fact, DHB has been better deep than Moore this year which is mind boggling.. Which doesn't mean he is good, just that Moore has been pretty bad deep this year.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is Knapp's fault. He's the worst OC ever. So bad, his influence has made WR forget how to catch the ball and run proper routes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Everything is Knapp's fault. He's the worst OC ever. So bad, his influence has made WR forget how to catch the ball and run proper routes.

He's so bad, he's even managed to make our defensive backs forget their assignments as well. t's also his fault our linebackers can't tackle.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I thought this offense was young and explosive, we were on the way up. 1 year later? Everyone needs to go. Amazing...

I'm going to take a Knapp.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Everything's Palmers fault actually.
Chali21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Lies, its Allen's for not starting Pryor.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

False. Reggie for hiring him.

Professor Oak wrote:
Don't listen to the naysayers, S&B88.

SoS is in fact French. I've frenched his toast a couple of times. I think I would know.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

False. Mark's fault for hiring Reggie. And Al's fault for creating Mark.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

False. Mark's fault for hiring Reggie. And Al's fault for creating Mark.

So I can still blame that lunatic for this? Smile Well really we can bc of these stupid contacts we have to deal with haha

PM sig requests.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
NickButera wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
NickButera wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
best wrs on the team

got link?

Quote:

Yea, doesn't seem like much. But this is "dropped balls in 'catchable passes'." Which would be less than the total number of dropped balls. Which may explain why we all remember Moore dropping more balls than DHB. PFF calculates what is and is not a 'catchable ball'. It's kind of their own stat. Certainly doesn't tell the whole story, but it does tell something.

The top 20 WR's in this stat have either 0, 1 or 2 dropped balls in catchable passes. It's a bit telling that the most of the good WR's in the league catch almost all the balls that they are able to, and our guys can't.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: