Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oak WR's could be on block ?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oaktown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Oak WR's could be on block ? Reply with quote

Jerry McDonald of Bay Area News Group floats the idea of the Raiders making WRs Darrius Heyward-Bey, Denarius Moore, and Jacoby Ford available for draft picks this offseason.
The three receivers have three things in common: They all have well above average speed and athleticism, they were all drafted by the previous regime, and they have all have durability concerns. If rookie Rod Streater shows that the last two weeks were not a mirage, the Raiders may be even more inclined to listen to offers.
Related: Jacoby Ford, Denarius Moore, Rod Streater
Source: Contra Costa Times Dec 14 - 1:19 PM
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone on our team could be had for the right price. Rod Streater as well. Some writers idea doesn't deserve a thread.
Raidin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing is that they are all worth very little.
Oaktown

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Everyone on our team could be had for the right price. Rod Streater as well. Some writers idea doesn't deserve a thread.

Jerry Mac is credible he has been for years. If you don't like the topic don't reply. It's simple.
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we keep Moore. I wouldn't mind trading DHB and Ford though.

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Mac is definitely credible, but he put that forward based on the possibility of it. Not based on any source or info he got. It was just a postulation of his. It would be the same thing as a Louis Murphy trade - offing someone based on a guy like Streater stepping up.

There are inherent problems with dealing any of those 3 guys. Ford hasn't done much since his rookie year and just missed an entire year with a recurring foot injury. Recurring. DHB makes more salary than his play dictates and has dropsies. Moore may be worth more to the team and seeing him develop than some other team will want to pay. If McKenzie can get good trade value out of 2 of these guys he is a miracle worker. Any trade is hard enough to execute in the NFL, 2 would be fantastic. I would honestly be surprised to see any of them traded unless it's a player dump type trade for a real useless draft pick.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to trade dhb
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't trade Moore or Ford. Moore has potential still and is cheap. Ford is cheap too and a good returner. No one would trade for DHB given his contract. None of them would get much in a trade anyway.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

remember when we thought all these guys had potential? Since Carson Palmer has been here they have all gone down the drain. We had to get rid of Murphy because he became a distraction, ford is coincidentally hurt, Dhb who had nearly 1000 yards last season took a step back and Moore is worse lol.

Everyone is worse and he is common denominator or is it Knapp? Either way the both should go.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we not turn this into a Palmer thread? There's already 5446 others talking about him. kthxbye

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Dessie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Can we not turn this into a Palmer thread? There's already 5446 others talking about him. kthxbye

Too late unfortunately by the looks, Nodisrespect has already posted zzzzz.
#clueless
BigMike1b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
remember when we thought all these guys had potential? Since Carson Palmer has been here they have all gone down the drain. We had to get rid of Murphy because he became a distraction, ford is coincidentally hurt, Dhb who had nearly 1000 yards last season took a step back and Moore is worse lol.

Everyone is worse and he is common denominator or is it Knapp? Either way the both should go.

Oh geez Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

2012 Adopt a Raider: DE Lamarr Houston

Silver&Black88 with the sweet sig!
holyghost

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really do not want to encourage a Palmer thread...

But regarding Moore, Ford, DHB and potential.

1. Moore's issues this year have 100% been about him simply not playing like he did last year. Remember the sticky hands? Where did they go? And as far as I remember from last year too, he always had a problem with A. disappearing in quite a few games (inconsistency), and B. getting open consistently.. Same issues as before on some fronts.

2. DHB, no matter the QB there just seems to be an issue with the guy and cohesion with his QB. Not to mention the drops will never go away and he will never be good at the deep ball. His down is directly attributable to the fact that he has not been shielded like he was last year. If he runs anything but a 5-15 yard comeback route, it's a misuse of the guy. He just really can't kill it at anything else. But he's good at that and can make 1000 yard seasons out of it. This staff went away from it and it cost DHB and the team.

3. Ford, no QB had anything to do with his recurring foot injury or being psyched out over being relied upon more as a core player. Right now, it looks to me like he could not live up to his first year performance and it's a mental issue.

All in all, I don't see how any blame for anything these players might have or could have been falls anywhere but on the fan. Anyone who saw an all star WR corps in these guys was only seeing potential and hope, not reality. All the flaws and issues they have now were there from the beginning.

And that ties in back to the trade value. Moore is the only one with good value, but may not be worth offing because would the value be enough? Drafting him cost a 5th, why take less in return than a 5th? And if you do, what the hell is the point of that? As far as I am concerned it's not worth offing him for less than a mid 3rd or higher, and only then if there is a prospect sitting out there that you reallllly want.

Ford, TBH, has NO trade value. Sorry. He has not done anything of note in 3 years and has had a severe foot injury two years running. Noone is giving up anything for that.
DHB trade value I dunno.. Probably not enough to make it worth it.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
Darkness wrote:

Jerry Mac is credible he has been for years. If you don't like the topic don't reply. It's simple.

It's him speculating. You don't have to have credibility to speculate. Like I said, every player on our team could be had for the right price.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best wrs on the team
1. dhb- people love to say he drops hella balls but stats show otherwise
2. streater- as an undrafted rookie he looks promising
3. moore- strickly a deep threat most inconsistent hands of the core, hates going across the field

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: