Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 free agents
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iwentundrafted


Joined: 18 Aug 2012
Posts: 3445
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: 2013 free agents Reply with quote

A list and ranking of future free agents.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/12/14/2013-free-agent-rankings-qb-rb-wr-te/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22731
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign us up for one guy who has a horrible attitude that will get cut/suspended mid-season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NINERFAN_4_LIFE


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 12524
Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Sign us up for one guy who has a horrible attitude that will get cut/suspended mid-season.


blount?


Im hoping we could sign mike wallace to a deal similar to manningham's but I seriously doubt it. he would be PERFECT for our offense tho, harbs like the small quicker guys
_________________
imani wrote:
We got so lucky last season

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NextBigThing


Joined: 26 Oct 2009
Posts: 22577
Location: Beat Of My Own Drum
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will moss return y/n/m?
_________________
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22731
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
will moss return y/n/m?


I think he retires, I'd love to have him back next year though, he's been a great signing so far.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22731
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
Sign us up for one guy who has a horrible attitude that will get cut/suspended mid-season.


blount?


Im hoping we could sign mike wallace to a deal similar to manningham's but I seriously doubt it. he would be PERFECT for our offense tho, harbs like the small quicker guys


I'd love Wallace, but he thinks he's worth way too much money.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NINERFAN_4_LIFE


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 12524
Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
will moss return y/n/m?


I think he retires, I'd love to have him back next year though, he's been a great signing so far.


I agree with this, I dont think hes gonna go anywhere else. He might come back for one more year. I hope he does
_________________
imani wrote:
We got so lucky last season

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
snkhd09


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 761
Location: Tampa Bay
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount is worthless if he isn't a feature back. He's not a power back, he's not a change of pace, he's not a third down and he needs reps to get into a rhythm.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tubthumper


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 77
Location: San Luis Obispo
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Moss will retire if we win the Super Bowl. If we do not I believe he will resign for a similar contract.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cali2Wisco


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 2333
Location: 1st Round Bye
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to need a backup QB most likely, Campbell looks like the best option.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8993
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tubthumper wrote:
I think that Moss will retire if we win the Super Bowl. If we do not I believe he will resign for a similar contract.
Same here. That's the one thing missing from his stellar resume'.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SFaithful97


Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 2975
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little more realistic, (though I believe he will probably try to resign with the saints) would be to go after Devery Henderson. If we want a guy to take the top off of opposing defenses, this guy can do it. I really like what I see from him whenever I watch the Saints play. He would be a really good #3 behind Crabs and Manningham, and I don't think he will be getting big money offers on the open market.
_________________

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1726
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SFaithful97 wrote:
A little more realistic, (though I believe he will probably try to resign with the saints) would be to go after Devery Henderson. If we want a guy to take the top off of opposing defenses, this guy can do it. I really like what I see from him whenever I watch the Saints play. He would be a really good #3 behind Crabs and Manningham, and I don't think he will be getting big money offers on the open market.


Isn't this the reason we drafted Jenkins? If we signed a veteran WR where on the depth chart would he go?

Crabtree would be #1
Manningham looks to be our second started next year
Kyle Williams is looking like a fantastic and sure handed slot guy
Jenkins would be #4 and is essentially in this role now


I see no need to throw money at a veteran WR when we have Williams deserving a much needed bump in PT and with the expectations placed on Jenkins. The only way I'd throw money at a vet WR would be a solid backup/returner/wise vet past his prime type player.

I would be in favor of drafting a mid to late round WR this year. A nice project with possible huge upside would work well.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
scraly47*


Joined: 28 Oct 2009
Posts: 3966
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if the coaching staff believes AJ is ready to contribute next season then I see no reason to draft a WR high. Maybe bring in a vet for depth or draft a wr in the late rounds. This might be the year where we package some picks to move up to grab someone. I still think depth at LB and DL is needed. Maybe we can grab a guy like Mendenhall if he becomes a FA. I love Gore but he will be 30 next season and that is usually the time rbs start to go down hill... Sad.....
_________________


-Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NinerNation21


Joined: 05 Feb 2007
Posts: 1726
Location: South Central PA
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
I think if the coaching staff believes AJ is ready to contribute next season then I see no reason to draft a WR high. Maybe bring in a vet for depth or draft a wr in the late rounds. This might be the year where we package some picks to move up to grab someone. I still think depth at LB and DL is needed. Maybe we can grab a guy like Mendenhall if he becomes a FA. I love Gore but he will be 30 next season and that is usually the time rbs start to go down hill... Sad.....


I was kind of thinking this maybe the year to trade out of the first round and acquire a first and 3rd for next year so we have the option of taking multiple high round players next year or keep trading next year. Since we have no glaring holes (right now anyways), this may be a good year to stock pile picks for future drafts when we may need to bring in a lot of top talent.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group