Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Bush 'uneasy' without new Miami Dolphins deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
Reggie has a cap hit of 6M, not 4.5M. And that is coming from 5 years with the Saints without one single 600 yard rushing season. Now he barley put's up two 1000 yard seasons. The guy is going to ask for 6M+ per year. Not worth it. That is, unless he is willing to take a large pay cut.

His cap hit is 6 M but his actual salary is 4.5. They prorated part of his signing bonus he received in 2011 to this year's cap but that money has already been received.

I know he already received it but it counts against this years cap which is the issue. Your telling me that he will willingly take less than he is making now for playing better? The guy isn't stupid. He is gonna ask for a lot and is not gonna get it from us. You can argue how good he is playing all you want, but even you know that he isn't worth 6M a year to us with Thomas and Miller on the roster. Especially since we don't use him as a receiving option and he doesn't get enough touches. Now then, if every other team has common sense and doesn't offer him a lot of money, I can see him taking a little less to stay with us. However, there is always a crazy team willing to overpay.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure where you get that he is gonna ask for alot. Everything that is reported is that he is not going to. He was part of the last draft class to break the bank and he has stated as much in a recent article. Even the big bush fans will tell you he isnt worth the big big money but he is a real good football player and we dont have many of those so lets add more playmakers not let them go. Please stop with the daniel thomas tallk the guy is averaging 3.3 yards a carry wears a special helmet because of concussions already.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANOTHER BIG PLAY BY BUSH TODAY 53 YARD RUN. PLAYMAKER
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:

Tannehill did the same thing......

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome i like tannehill lets keep adding playmakers not letting them go.
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

So you wanna take that away from Bush just because of that or what?
Roy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to see him resign. But not giving him a huge payday.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:

I like the tannehill that runs the ball when nothing is there. IMO that is what seperates he from Russell Wilson. Russell will exploit the defense when they turn their backs to him. I would like to see Tanney do that more.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

I like the tannehill that runs the ball when nothing is there. IMO that is what seperates he from Russell Wilson. Russell will exploit the defense when they turn their backs to him. I would like to see Tanney do that more.

I think I heard or read that they "handcuffed" early in the season on those types of plays.....seem like they are letting the kid play football...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
ovaw8lover wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

I think I heard or read that they "handcuffed" early in the season on those types of plays.....seem like they are letting the kid play football...
Very true and i read that he took off his knee brace today and it made him feel great. He needs to make it a big part of his game
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I believe that Reggie Bush is the best skill position player we have....by far. Letting him go would be a huge mistake. Players in the locker idolize him, and he sets the pace on the practice field. Beyond that he is a mismatch nightmare, and he is a guy that exemplifies leadership off the field. He won't command a huge salary and his prospects for playing time are as good in Miami as anywhere, so he should have incentive to stay and in my opinion, we should be extremely interested in retaining him.

But then again so was Marshall and we sent him packing. I really think Reggie will not be resigned unless it is a cost effective for us, aka we are not breaking the bank for him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

No...when Reggie makes those types of plays we get reminded of how great he is, but like I said before they are far and few between.

When I say that Reggie isn't worth the money its based on the philosophy that I believe in today's NFL that teams shouldn't pay more then 4 million a year for a running back. The Dolphins will continue to use multiple running backs to the point where Reggie will never be a full feature back. He's talented and a play maker that needs to be more involved in the passing game and as Merc said can create a match-up nightmare, but not at his current pay and at his age.....no long term deal....

What "I" would offer (and this seems a bit like over paying, but I'm putting his leadership at a premium).....

3 year 10 million
4 year 12 million

At the point where I value running backs and the idea that he will split carries (less then 20 touches a game) this is what I believe his value is.

I would assume that incentives would be involved in the cost and at the point he meets those he would be worth the extra coin.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami2DaMax wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
fishfan4life wrote:

I wouldn't take anything away from either player, but I want to see Bush do that next week against the Bills and the following week against the Patriots. Bush's problem is that he will rip one off and then you won't see him get 50 yds rushing in any of the next three games. He needs to be more consistent. Maybe part of that is the O-Line, but Bush disappears too much during the season to be paid like a feature back IMO.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
ericsvibe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush is a smart guy. I'm sure he has paid attention to the ups and downs of RB's in his position the last couple of years. He can sign to the highest bidder this season, and then gut cut after he doesnt "blow it up" like the team wanted. A good example is Ronnie Brown when he signed with the Eagles. Or he can accept a long term, reasonable deal. Bush has allot going on in his personal life as well. From all reports he wants to settle down with the future mother of his child, and she doesn't want to leave Miami. Bush has stated numerous times he wants Miami to be his long term home.

I smell a home town discount cooking.

I would give Reggie 3.5 mil as season for 3 years with some good incentives.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs more touches. I don't know why they don't line him up in the slot more often and put Miller at RB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: