Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Bush 'uneasy' without new Miami Dolphins deal
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reggie Bush 'uneasy' without new Miami Dolphins deal Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000111074/article/reggie-bush-uneasy-without-new-miami-dolphins-deal

You know what grinded my gears was this The Miami Dolphins have not tried to re-sign their best-known player

I mean come on what about Wake and Long?! Esp Wake, he has a chance at the pro-bowl because we all know he's gonna sack Henne at least twice, lol.

Anyways, I say resign him. He can't want that much money but it's pretty unlikely with having Miller and Thomas being so young...and there's Thigpen, surprised he hasn't gotten a little more play he's had 1 run for 8 yards all season.
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wake was resigned on a very good deal I might add. We all know the issue with Long. I'm thinking we are waiting till after the season. We saw a bit of Miller last game and I think our coaches want to see what we have at RB before we talk to Bush. There is also time for an injury to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh poooooooooor baby. Who cares if he has the best name recognition. Cam Wake is the best player on this team and its not even close. We have a mountain of free agents to deal with and hes probably fifth best if I had to guess.

FF Member #67
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that Reggie Bush is the best skill position player we have....by far. Letting him go would be a huge mistake. Players in the locker idolize him, and he sets the pace on the practice field. Beyond that he is a mismatch nightmare, and he is a guy that exemplifies leadership off the field. He won't command a huge salary and his prospects for playing time are as good in Miami as anywhere, so he should have incentive to stay and in my opinion, we should be extremely interested in retaining him.
carlos2104

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
I believe that Reggie Bush is the best skill position player we have....by far. Letting him go would be a huge mistake. Players in the locker idolize him, and he sets the pace on the practice field. Beyond that he is a mismatch nightmare, and he is a guy that exemplifies leadership off the field. He won't command a huge salary and his prospects for playing time are as good in Miami as anywhere, so he should have incentive to stay and in my opinion, we should be extremely interested in retaining him.

Agreed completely. I'm with ovaw in believing that RB's are a dime a dozen, but he's the only skill player we have that defenses need to gameplan against.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlos2104 wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:

Agreed completely. I'm with ovaw in believing that RB's are a dime a dozen, but he's the only skill player we have that defenses need to gameplan against.
We need to add playmakers not let them go. If miller is so darn good then give him more carries and put bush in the slot at times and get 2 playmakers on the field like last week and you see what he can do in the pass game. Are we really counting on Thomas do do anything? he already wears a special helmet and is one more concussion from there being talk of how long his career will last.
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Reggie really that good?? I think he is a skilled player but I wouldn't say he is the best on the team. Fact is he hasn't played well this season. I wouldn't mind seeing him stay in a Miami uniform but Im not going to shell out a big pay day either to keep him

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7O9FYCeIN4

Can anybody else on the football team make someone(s) miss like this?

No?

Then why the hell would you get rid of him! It's not like Reggie is going to ask for $6-8 M a year.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:

No?

Then why the hell would you get rid of him! It's not like Reggie is going to ask for $6-8 M a year.

He will. That+ is all he has gotten his entire career. Why would he ask for less now that he is good all of a sudden?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:

No?

Because those plays don't happen many games....he too often put the team in a 2nd and 11 or worse trying to take more then what is available.

I would be more then happy to part ways with Bush...he's a very good leader, but he is going to be too expensive for his output and at a position in which team can easily find a replacement.

In the running game the o-line is significantly more important then the RB and would rather spend that extra cash improving that area (which will help protect Tannehill and in turn help the passing game.

Right now Reggie Bush is the 8th highest paid running back in the NFL (4.5 mil) and doesn't have near the production. He will be 28 before next season which equates to about 2 years of solid service before he hits that 30yo RB wall. He can stay for 2 mil a year on a 3 year contract....if he wants more....happy trails...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie has a cap hit of 6M, not 4.5M. And that is coming from 5 years with the Saints without one single 600 yard rushing season. Now he barley put's up two 1000 yard seasons. The guy is going to ask for 6M+ per year. Not worth it. That is, unless he is willing to take a large pay cut.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

No?

He will. That+ is all he has gotten his entire career. Why would he ask for less now that he is good all of a sudden?

His contract was 2 years for 10 million. His salary this year is 4.5 Million. Just because he got a crazy high rookie contract doesn't mean that he can control the market like that. He's going to ask for something probably similar to the last deal that he had. You can argue that his production has been fantastic and that he's proved he's worth MORE than that...but he's also going to be 28. Teams are going to say "Yeah, you know what? You're right Reggie...nevermind you're within 2 years of that doomed age of 30 for a running back, especially speed scat backs...here's a 4 year 28 million dollar deal!"

And ViolentMonk, Reggie doesn't match production because this team opts to not have him touch the ball like they should. The 7 guys in front of Reggie Bush are:

Chris Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Steven Jackson
Darren McFadden
DeAngelo Williams
Michael Turner
Arian Foster

Arian Foster has 300 carries and 3.9 YPC on a team that has Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub.

Michael Turner is slow as dirt and has a 3.7 YPC average this year on 8 more carries than Reggie.

DeAngelo Williams has a 3.5 YPC average this year on 50 less carries.

Darren McFadden has a 3.4 YPC average on 20 less carries.

Steven Jackson has a 3.9 YPC average on 60 more carries.

Adrian Peterson is a monster on a whole different level, one of the greatest of all time. His production is blowing EVERYONE out of the water.

Chris Johnson has a 4.7 YPC average and 4 touchdowns on 50 more carries than Reggie to this point.

Reggie Bush has a 4.4 YPC average and 5 touchdowns on just 179 touches. Behind THIS offensive line. So I'm going to argue that Reggie is (arguably) more productive than 7 of the 8 guys in front of him, maybe 6.

Reggie is also in the top 12 in missed tackles created this season. 9 of the players in front of him have more carries, most are in the 230-250 carry region.

Reggie has the 6th longest run on the season by any running back.

EVERYTHING about this offense screams for athleticism, the ability to make a man miss and take it to the house. And you guys are willing to let the ONE guy we have on the roster who can actually do that walk away over what? 2.5-3 Million dollars a year? In the grand scheme of 125 million dollars of salary? With 50 Million PLUS to work with this offseason? Please.

Warpticon wrote:
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaterBear56 wrote:
Reggie has a cap hit of 6M, not 4.5M. And that is coming from 5 years with the Saints without one single 600 yard rushing season. Now he barley put's up two 1000 yard seasons. The guy is going to ask for 6M+ per year. Not worth it. That is, unless he is willing to take a large pay cut.

His cap hit is 6 M but his actual salary is 4.5. They prorated part of his signing bonus he received in 2011 to this year's cap but that money has already been received.

Warpticon wrote:
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
ProudDolphan47 wrote:

No?

His contract was 2 years for 10 million. His salary this year is 4.5 Million. Just because he got a crazy high rookie contract doesn't mean that he can control the market like that. He's going to ask for something probably similar to the last deal that he had. You can argue that his production has been fantastic and that he's proved he's worth MORE than that...but he's also going to be 28. Teams are going to say "Yeah, you know what? You're right Reggie...nevermind you're within 2 years of that doomed age of 30 for a running back, especially speed scat backs...here's a 4 year 28 million dollar deal!"

And ViolentMonk, Reggie doesn't match production because this team opts to not have him touch the ball like they should. The 7 guys in front of Reggie Bush are:

Chris Johnson
Adrian Peterson
Steven Jackson
Darren McFadden
DeAngelo Williams
Michael Turner
Arian Foster

Arian Foster has 300 carries and 3.9 YPC on a team that has Andre Johnson and Matt Schaub.

Michael Turner is slow as dirt and has a 3.7 YPC average this year on 8 more carries than Reggie.

DeAngelo Williams has a 3.5 YPC average this year on 50 less carries.

Darren McFadden has a 3.4 YPC average on 20 less carries.

Steven Jackson has a 3.9 YPC average on 60 more carries.

Adrian Peterson is a monster on a whole different level, one of the greatest of all time. His production is blowing EVERYONE out of the water.

Chris Johnson has a 4.7 YPC average and 4 touchdowns on 50 more carries than Reggie to this point.

Reggie Bush has a 4.4 YPC average and 5 touchdowns on just 179 touches. Behind THIS offensive line. So I'm going to argue that Reggie is (arguably) more productive than 7 of the 8 guys in front of him, maybe 6.

Reggie is also in the top 12 in missed tackles created this season. 9 of the players in front of him have more carries, most are in the 230-250 carry region.

Reggie has the 6th longest run on the season by any running back.

EVERYTHING about this offense screams for athleticism, the ability to make a man miss and take it to the house. And you guys are willing to let the ONE guy we have on the roster who can actually do that walk away over what? 2.5-3 Million dollars a year? In the grand scheme of 125 million dollars of salary? With 50 Million PLUS to work with this offseason? Please.

Lets look at another stat....

Outside of Foster and Turner what do all those highly paid RB's have in common? They play for teams with a losing record...in fact the top 5 all play for losing teams and if you take the top 10.....70% of the highest paid RB's play for a team with a losing record....

What does it say....who knows, but it does seem like teams that are consistently in the playoff hunt seem to think that RBs are not worth that kind of money.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a problem with Reggie Bush coming back as he can be a good back when he wants to be. I would much rather see him in the slot or spread out instead. My only issue is that he will want more money than he is worth. Too many times does he not put up the production that he is going to ask compensation for. We'll see what the FO does here in a couple of months.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: