Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reggie Bush 'uneasy' without new Miami Dolphins deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing this thread back to the subject at hand....

I have said several times that Reggie is not worth a lot of cash and it looks like he should be pretty reasonable....

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/sports/football/rb-reggie-bush-soon-to-be-a-free-agent-wants-to-re/nTg3s/

Quote:
Well see what happens in the off-season and when that times comes, but yeah, I would definitely love to be back, he said. Theres definitely some unfinished business here and some things that we want to accomplish.

and this

Quote:
I dont want to keep bouncing around from team to team. Id like to have a home base, Bush said. I talked about wanting to build or bring back the passion about Miami football here in the city and building a franchise, a winning franchise here.

AS much as I don't value a highly paid RB, I do value a guy who wants to be a Dolphin....keeping guys who are happy with the organization....especially talented guys like Bush should be something the team rewards.[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at his play recently I would love to bring him back for 2/$10 mil. I think that's what his last contract was with us. He is such a versatile RB that we could line him up in the slot and still put Lamar in the backfield. I also think that Thigpen could be a very good third down back if given the chance, or draft a guy late. Thomas was pretty impressive this year when he played. Unfortunately, he is always getting hurt and one concussion from maybe his career being over. Ultimately, I'd love to bring Reggie back because him and Cam are pretty much the face of our franchise right now. Reggie wants to be here, so I think that should be the key thing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see people coming around on reggie bush. He is our best playmaker a leader and wants to be here and as i stated previously in this thread he was in the last draft class to break the bank on rookie deals. Money is always a factor but he will work with us im confident in that. I am concernd about San diego though being thats where he is from and they are in the market for a playmaker they been missing since darren sproils
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
Glad to see people coming around on reggie bush. He is our best playmaker a leader and wants to be here and as i stated previously in this thread he was in the last draft class to break the bank on rookie deals. Money is always a factor but he will work with us im confident in that. I am concernd about San diego though being thats where he is from and they are in the market for a playmaker they been missing since darren sproils

I think I am....I still don't think the Phins should over spend on him, but a 5 year for 15 - 18 mil is reasonable....I went 5 years because he said he doesn't want to move from team to team and a 5 year deal could give him the stability he desires....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree as much of a bush supporter that i have been i to hope that we dont over pay and have a deangelo williams type situation
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say 3.5 per would be a generous price I would advocate. most top paid RBs are on teams with worse records, we cant mortgage it all on one guy which the game is doing as much as possible to take focus away from
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Dolphin Dave

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have him back. I'd offer him a 3 year $18 million contract. That pays him through age 31 and gives him a modest raise over what he has made the past two years.

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.
Kaiowas05

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are we focusing away from reggie to drive his price down or simply to take a look to see if the other carriers we have can take the load....

not a happy guy tonight
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Emerica

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaiowas05 wrote:
are we focusing away from reggie to drive his price down or simply to take a look to see if the other carriers we have can take the load....

not a happy guy tonight

I'm scared.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaiowas05 wrote:

not a happy guy tonight

IDK, the game got out of hand quickly (21-0 at HT) and we started to pass more often. It's not like Miller usurped his play time or anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: