Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Baltimore Ravens 2013 Free Agency Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anubiz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 43s

The Ravens have released LB Brendon Ayanbadejo, per league source.

Maybe bringing in a different veteran ILB perhaps?[/quote]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dansby would be my pick but I have a feeling it might be urlacher?
aussie_raven77

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to get some opinions on the Tackle situation. I know that there's very few people keen on bringing back McKinnie, but I wanted to throw a name out there that hasn't really been mentioned in Eric Winston. I know he's been playing more RT than LT but would you feel more comfortable with him at LT than Oher? I think this deal would get done after the draft once Ozzie sees how it all pans out

Another option I was thinking about was maybe a trade for Brandon Albert? Obviously not willing to give up a first rounder, maybe a 3rd this year and conditional 3rd next year?
Just throwing a couple of random thoughts out there
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston would be a terrible left tackle. Worse than Oher.

And the Chiefs are asking too much for Albert. With his back issues and contract demands, he doesn't seem like a good fit for us.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Oher is going to get kicked over to the left, then I definitely wouldn't mind Winston coming in as a cheep RT option. But I'd rather Oher stays where he is and the Ravens manage to find another answer to that LT spot.

Andre Smith would be better than Winston though, but significantly more expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

Andre Smith would be better than Winston though, but significantly more expensive.

IDK about that. The fact that he is still a free agent this late makes me think his price tag isn't nearly what people expected.

Free Ray Rice
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brian McFarland ‏@RavensSalaryCap 2h
(1/3) Upon releasing Ayanbadejo, Ravens will be $4.140M under the Salary Cap: http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/

Quote:
Brian McFarland ‏@RavensSalaryCap 2h
(2/3) Please ignore recent reports of Ravens Cap space from NFLPA records. Those reports are wrong, because NFLPA records are wrong.

Quote:
Brian McFarland ‏@RavensSalaryCap 1h
(3/3) Yes,NFLPA records are wrong. They totally omit ArthurJones and his $2.023M salary. Makes a $1.543M difference(prior to Ayanbadejo cut)

Quote:
Brian McFarland ‏@RavensSalaryCap 1h
NFLPA also carrying Pollard @ $3.25M, even though $500K roster bonus wasn't paid. Not sure why? Would think would only count $2.75M til 6/1

More cap fun.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

IDK about that. The fact that he is still a free agent this late makes me think his price tag isn't nearly what people expected.

Winston's price? Perhaps he is over-estimating his value, and is waiting for a team that really needs a RT to come in for him. But the longer he sits at home, the more tempted he'll be to accept a lower offer. A few million $ is better than nothing, right?

ETA: I also wouldn't mind Tyson Clabo, if the Ravens were looking for a RT. Though I'd definitely rather keep Oher there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winston would be interesting (as a RT). Him being cut after each of the last two seasons is worrying though.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care who we bring in on the right side, if it means Oher on the left, it's not worth it.

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I don't care who we bring in on the right side, if it means Oher on the left, it's not worth it.

He's not nearly as bad as you make him out to be. Plus his play at RT really isn't THAT much better.

And plus, without Oher there, we'd see even worse play unless we spent the money on a FA.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to consider with the offensive line is the benefit that Caldwell's playcalling will bring to it. Part of the improvement in protection had simply to do with scheme - Caldwell put an emphasis on creating a mobile pocket on Flacco in order to better get him into a rhythm as well as to take some of the slack off the offensive line. It's a small sample size, sure, but in the Giants game in the regular season, Caldwell's 2nd game in charge and from the looks of it the first week where they had enough practice time to really incorporate a lot of his new wrinkles, Oher played at left tackle, Flacco was barely touched all night, and we rang up 533 offensive yards and 33 points.

I don't think that'll happen on a weekly basis or that Oher doesn't have issues moving forward at left tackle, but I also don't think he'll look as bad as he did with Cam Cameron at left tackle if that's where he ends up. I'd rather find a better left tackle, but I'd be nervous about counting on McKinnie to be that guy. All in all, with a quicker-hitting passing game and mobile pocket for Flacco, the offensive line as a whole will be put in a better position to succeed.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ I agree, a lot of what made our line look so good was Flacco's sudden dramatic improvement in pocket awareness and motion in and outside of the pocket. It literally went from among the worst in the league to very impressive. Pressures that we've come to expect to lead to Flacco being stripped with no clue what was going on, turned into shifty escapes and big plays down the field. Now, I'm not sure if that was a hot streak or a result of something Caldwell did but I hope it continues.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
^ I agree, a lot of what made our line look so good was Flacco's sudden dramatic improvement in pocket awareness and motion in and outside of the pocket. It literally went from among the worst in the league to very impressive. Pressures that we've come to expect to lead to Flacco being stripped with no clue what was going on, turned into shifty escapes and big plays down the field. Now, I'm not sure if that was a hot streak or a result of something Caldwell did but I hope it continues.

I can't wait to see what we do in the draft because the cuts that are being made are giving us plenty of options. i just love to here all the hate we been getting, its like fans of other teams really really hate admitting we won but i think its very telling that no preseason favorite has won a title in a really long time. Shoot beleive it or not superbowl 47 was the closest its been to a preseason SB matchup pick as it has been in years.
aussie_raven77

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody think we might bring him in to camp and give him a look? maybe Ozzie throws him an Crimson Tide life line. His 2011 season wasn't horrible, but when the raiders get rid of you its never a great endorsement for you

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22014880/raiders-release-lb-rolando-mcclain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 41 of 43

Jump to: