Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Baltimore Ravens 2013 Free Agency Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
Integrity wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Well ideally I'd prefer Cyprien but if the Ravens spend a good chunk of money on a safety in free agency I doubt they take one in the first couple rounds of the draft so I'm ruling guys like him and Elam out. I'm not particularly high on McDonald though. He's above Reid for me but I'm not sure McDonald is anything more than just a guy in the NFL. There isn't a whole lot of impact plays I see from him.

I wouldn't rule out any position other then QB. The Ravens will stock up on veteran free agents so that they can draft BPA regardless of position.

RB as well, but otherwise I agree with you. Ravens could draft just about anyone

I mean, outside of the top 3 rounds, I wouldn't rule out drafting a RB. Would love the Ravens to draft Lonnie Pryor out of FSU to be the short-yardage/#3 RB/backup FB

I don't know. If we keep Leach than I'm not sure we'd have such a need for Pryor and our resources could be used elsewhere. Though if we get rid of him, than I'd be a fan. But between Rice, Pierce, Leach, and Rainey... I agree with StRawz11 that we're pretty set. Or at least it would be difficult to take Pryor over someone of similar talent that we'd need more... and for a SB team we've got a pretty decent amount of needs.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's impressive and important from a FO operating standpoint, but man, the fact that the Ravens brass pretty much has an unleakable operation is frustrating for a fan who wants to know what's going on. Some reports trickling in that we're not close to anything with Dumervil, but nothing substanative coming yet. It seems like the Dumervil and Reed situations have more or less put us in a holding pattern.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we're also interested in Freeney

Quote:
The Ravens have also expressed interest in Dwight Freeney and are monitoring his market, and Osi Umenyiora could make sense for them as well if the other options are too pricey, sources said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/jason-la-canfora/21913050/dumervil-is-top-target-of-ravens-but-price-a-concern

Seems like its obvious that we're looking to add another pass-rusher at this point.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out of those 3 guys, I could really care less who we sign. They've all got more pass rushing talent than Paul Kruger and they're all more athletic than Kruger, so whoever we can find who's the cheapest is who I say we should sign.

But if I had my priorities I would say:

Freeney
Osi
Doom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appears the Texans lowballed Reed (who was seeking 6-7mil)

Quote:
Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider
Texans offer to Ed Reed in the three-year, $4 million annual range, per league sources. Reed made $7.2 million last year. Seeking similar

I doubt he gets that money anywhere, espeically in Baltimore. Though it opens to the door for us greatly, espeically if our offer isn't as far off from their offer. It would be hard to imagine he would give up formiliarty with the defense, players, staff, FO and his only team hes played for over 500k-1 million. I guess you never know tho.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore Pride wrote:
Appears the Texans lowballed Reed (who was seeking 6-7mil)

Quote:
Aaron Wilson‏@RavensInsider
Texans offer to Ed Reed in the three-year, $4 million annual range, per league sources. Reed made $7.2 million last year. Seeking similar

I doubt he gets that money anywhere, espeically in Baltimore. Though it opens to the door for us greatly, espeically if our offer isn't as far off from their offer. It would be hard to imagine he would give up formiliarty with the defense, players, staff, FO and his only team hes played for over 500k-1 million. I guess you never know tho.

Their offer is lower then I expected. This bodes well in terms of bringing Reed back to Baltimore.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking of LB Prospects whats Daryl Smith formally of the Jags like these days??
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Out of those 3 guys, I could really care less who we sign. They've all got more pass rushing talent than Paul Kruger and they're all more athletic than Kruger, so whoever we can find who's the cheapest is who I say we should sign.

Freeney
Osi
Doom

Freeney over Doom and Osi?

Always thought the guys was overrated.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m
Ravens expected to meet with safety Michael Huff within the next five days, according to a league source.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draftguru1234 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Freeney
Osi
Doom

Freeney over Doom and Osi?

Always thought the guys was overrated.

Yeah I love the way Freeney plays, and I might actually be a bit biased towards him, but I mean Osi is a prima donna and Doom seems a bit overpriced TBH, but I'm cool with all of them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Freeney
Osi
Doom

If you hated Kruger in space, you'll really hate Freeney.

Unless you are planning for him to pin his ears back on every play, I'd stay away from Freeney completely and see what Osi or Harrison are looking for. They're both stronger against the run too, which is a big plus given our performance in that department last season.

But I think we can do just as well by waiting until after the draft--its a buyer's market for veteran pass rushers, so there isn't necessarily a need to force the issue, especially if Lemonier or Jenkins fall into our laps, in which case we may not even need to go the free agency route.
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Freeney
Osi
Doom

Unless you are planning for him to pin his ears back on every play, I'd stay away from Freeney completely and see what Osi or Harrison are looking for. They're both stronger against the run too, which is a big plus given our performance in that department last season.

But I think we can do just as well by waiting until after the draft--its a buyer's market for veteran pass rushers, so there isn't necessarily a need to force the issue, especially if Lemonier or Jenkins fall into our laps, in which case we may not even need to go the free agency route.

Yeah, unless he comes dirt cheap, I'd stay away from Freeney.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:

That's saying something since Osi is pretty terrible against the run.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://russellstreetreport.com/boldin-has-been-off-the-ravens-salary-cap-since-march-12/

Quote:
The idea that the Ravens’ Salary Cap has been adversely affected while awaiting WR Aquan Boldin’s return from Africa to take his physical with the 49ers, has been an issue that has greatly frustrated many Ravens fans.

As it turns out, it was never an issue at all and the initial reporting (from ProFootballTalk, and repeated, apparently without confirmation, by many others) that the trade wasn’t complete until Boldin passed his physical was totally inaccurate.

First, the official NFL transactions report disclosed the trade as being completed on March 12th and both teams announced the deal shortly thereafter.

Well. That's interesting. Although now knowing that they've had some cap space to work with all along I'm still not surprised they haven't made any bigger signings. Right now the Ravens have a shade under $8 million in cap room ($115,025,545 in cap commitments under the Rule of 51 subtracted from a $123,000,000 salary cap).
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
http://russellstreetreport.com/boldin-has-been-off-the-ravens-salary-cap-since-march-12/

Quote:
The idea that the Ravens’ Salary Cap has been adversely affected while awaiting WR Aquan Boldin’s return from Africa to take his physical with the 49ers, has been an issue that has greatly frustrated many Ravens fans.

As it turns out, it was never an issue at all and the initial reporting (from ProFootballTalk, and repeated, apparently without confirmation, by many others) that the trade wasn’t complete until Boldin passed his physical was totally inaccurate.

First, the official NFL transactions report disclosed the trade as being completed on March 12th and both teams announced the deal shortly thereafter.

Well. That's interesting. Although now knowing that they've had some cap space to work with all along I'm still not surprised they haven't made any bigger signings. Right now the Ravens have a shade under $8 million in cap room ($115,025,545 in cap commitments under the Rule of 51 subtracted from a $123,000,000 salary cap).

Re: the rule of 51, do we currently have more than 51 players signed? Thus, the majority of our picks won't need to be factored in bc they'll be making league minimum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 30 of 43

Jump to: