Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Baltimore Ravens 2013 Free Agency Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dissonance19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Quote:

Will be interesting to see what Dumervil gets on open market. saw a report of Ravens interest but they figure he is too steep for them

Hopefully, means we wouldn't wait if we can get something done with Harrison before.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151430/article/baltimore-ravens-prepared-to-make-final-push-for-ed-reed

Not sure this is anything new, but was posted ~1 hour ago.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151430/article/baltimore-ravens-prepared-to-make-final-push-for-ed-reed

Not sure this is anything new, but was posted ~1 hour ago.

Slightly older news on the "final push" front, but there were definitely some new insights. The whole, "you have to be careful with how quickly you transition" comment I thought was a huge one.

I think I'm finally starting to get that maybe we're not targeting both Harrison and Ed Reed, but rather, we recognize the possibility that Reed might be gone and Harrison is our backup plan. We want to maintain a culture of what it means to have a leader from a great defense- a DPOY winner has the kind of credibility that other defenders have to really pay attention to, they have a level of respect. Reed certainly represents that and Harrison does as well. So perhaps cutting Boldin was always our power play to retain Reed. I wonder what the idea would have been had Boldin actually accepted the deal to restructure his contract by $2m... this whole offseason, like the Lewis 08' one before it, is very intriguing. It certainly produces a lot of insights into exactly how Ozzie likes to do business.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21899055/bengals-close-to-resigning-lb-rey-maualuga-cb-adam-jones

Looks like Maualuga might be off the market soon
Baltimore Pride

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Michael Huff could be an option,

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Ravens among those interested in safety michael huff as well as dallas cowboys green bay packers and tennessee titans per a league source

At the very least if we fail to bring Reed back.

Edit: Interest is still ongoing for Dumervil

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Ravens' interest in elvis dumervil is ongoing he's vouched for by lbs coach don martindale his coach in denver when he had 17 sacks in 2009

Edit: Denverpost is reporting that the ravens are negotiating with Dumervil

Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens are also negotiating with Dumervil, according to an NFL source. Dumervil received a strong recommendation of skill and personal character from Ravens linebacker coach Don "Wink" Martindale.

Dumervil registered his career-best and NFL-leading 17 sacks in 2009 while Martindale was his linebackers coach.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So regarding Michael Huff, this is what I think:

I think the Ravens are going to make their offer to Huff and see what the market is for him in the event that the Texans overpay for Ed Reed (or Ed Reed leaves anyways), and in that case they're going to push for Michael Huff.

I could see it that if Huff is interested in coming here, the Ravens will lower their price for Reed, and if he's not, they'll raise it a little for Reed, but I'd still like to see Michael Huff come here. He's got GREAT coverage skills, range, and he's still a young guy and I like the way he plays FS for us.

Either way, I think if Ed Reed walks we see Michael Huff in a Ravens uniform next year teamed up with Rambo or Elam! *crosses fingers*

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

I think the Ravens are going to make their offer to Huff and see what the market is for him in the event that the Texans overpay for Ed Reed (or Ed Reed leaves anyways), and in that case they're going to push for Michael Huff.

I could see it that if Huff is interested in coming here, the Ravens will lower their price for Reed, and if he's not, they'll raise it a little for Reed, but I'd still like to see Michael Huff come here. He's got GREAT coverage skills, range, and he's still a young guy and I like the way he plays FS for us.

Either way, I think if Ed Reed walks we see Michael Huff in a Ravens uniform next year teamed up with Rambo or Elam! *crosses fingers*

Actually Huff would be among the oldest defensive starters on the team. I can't believe he's 30 already. I wouldn't be upset if the Ravens managed to bring him in though. I'd prefer to team him up with a guy like Swearinger.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Actually Huff would be among the oldest defensive starters on the team. I can't believe he's 30 already. I wouldn't be upset if the Ravens managed to bring him in though. I'd prefer to team him up with a guy like Swearinger.

HOLY CRAP WHEN THE HELL DID HE TURN 30?!?!

Jeez, he's been in the league that long already? Damn. Okay then...

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
HOLY CRAP WHEN THE HELL DID HE TURN 30?!?!

Jeez, he's been in the league that long already? Damn. Okay then...

I know. It feels like my youth is behind me... Crying or Very sad
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Make that TJ McDonald and you've got a deal..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Well ideally I'd prefer Cyprien but if the Ravens spend a good chunk of money on a safety in free agency I doubt they take one in the first couple rounds of the draft so I'm ruling guys like him and Elam out. I'm not particularly high on McDonald though. He's above Reid for me but I'm not sure McDonald is anything more than just a guy in the NFL. There isn't a whole lot of impact plays I see from him.

Anyways, back on topic. I was gone for most of the weekend and I was surprised that any news on Harrison went ice cold. I'm not upset that the Ravens haven't signed him (the opposite actually) but I thought something would have been reported after his agent and the Ravens were in talks on Saturday.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Anyways, back on topic. I was gone for most of the weekend and I was surprised that any news on Harrison went ice cold. I'm not upset that the Ravens haven't signed him (the opposite actually) but I thought something would have been reported after his agent and the Ravens were in talks on Saturday.

Probably has to do with the fact that two things have happened since then.

1. Owner Meetings is similar to the draft in the fact that many NFL decision makers will be there so it's a good opportunity for both player agents and front office people to send information back and forth between each other. It's also a great opportunity to discuss strategy within the ranks.

So with a greater proximity to each other and more information being exchanged quicker, I can imagine some agents using this as an opportunity to try and drive their clients price up some.

Factor in the changes to the league that are being made/voted on... and now front office people can't simply just be in contract negotiations. They might also have to familiarize themselves with new rules of operations.

So it just seems likely given the circumstances that things would slow down in general.

2. The release of Dumervil probably has something to do with the talk of Harrison cooling. Now we have another option, we can browse what he's looking for. We can cross compare with where we're at with Harrison... and the increased options might mean if both players really like our situation, we could get one to negotiate down a little and nab either player at the most practical price we could find.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

Well ideally I'd prefer Cyprien but if the Ravens spend a good chunk of money on a safety in free agency I doubt they take one in the first couple rounds of the draft so I'm ruling guys like him and Elam out. I'm not particularly high on McDonald though. He's above Reid for me but I'm not sure McDonald is anything more than just a guy in the NFL. There isn't a whole lot of impact plays I see from him.

I wouldn't rule out any position other then QB. The Ravens will stock up on veteran free agents so that they can draft BPA regardless of position.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

I wouldn't rule out any position other then QB. The Ravens will stock up on veteran free agents so that they can draft BPA regardless of position.

RB as well, but otherwise I agree with you. Ravens could draft just about anyone

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
Integrity wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

RB as well, but otherwise I agree with you. Ravens could draft just about anyone

I mean, outside of the top 3 rounds, I wouldn't rule out drafting a RB. Would love the Ravens to draft Lonnie Pryor out of FSU to be the short-yardage/#3 RB/backup FB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 29 of 43

Jump to: