Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Baltimore Ravens 2013 Free Agency Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Baltimore Ravens 2013 Free Agency Discussion Reply with quote

Unrestricted Free Agents

Billy Bajema - Re-signed to 1-year deal worth $940,000
Ricky Brown
Emmanuel Cook
Sean Considine
Dannell Ellerbe - Signed with Miami for 5 years, $35 million
James Ihedigbo - Re-signed to 1-year deal worth $780,000
Chris Johnson - Re-signed to 1-year deal worth $905,000
Ma’ake Kemoeatu
Paul Kruger - Signed with Cleveland for 5 years, $40.5 million
Ryan McBean
Bryant McKinnie - Re-signed to 2-year deal worth $7 million
Ed Reed - Signed with Houston for 3 years, $15 million
Cary Williams - Signed with Philadelphia for 3 years, $17 million

Restricted Free Agents

Morgan Cox - Re-signed to 2-year deal worth $1.61 million
Ed Dickson - Signed low tender worth $1.323 million
Ramon Harewood - Re-signed to 1-year deal worth $800,000
Arthur Jones - Signed second round tender worth $2.023 million
Dennis Pitta - Signed second round tender worth $2.023 million
David Reed - Re-signed to 2-year deal worth $2.5 million

Exclusive Rights Free Agents

Anthony Allen - Signed EFA tender worth $555,000
Damien Berry - Signed EFA tender worth $480,000
Omar Brown - Signed EFA tender worth $480,000
Josh Bynes - Signed EFA tender worth $480,000
Bryan Hall - Signed EFA tender worth $480,000
Adrian Hamilton - Signed EFA tender worth $405,000
Anthony Levine - Signed EFA tender worth $480,000
Albert McClellan - Signed EFA tender worth $555,000
Bobby Rainey - Signed EFA tender worth $480,000

Non-Ravens Free Agents Signed

Chris Canty - Signed to 3-year deal worth $8 million
Marcus Spears - Signed to 2-year deal worth $3.55 million
Elvis Dumervil - Signed to 5-year deal worth $35 million
Michael Huff - Signed to 3-year deal worth $6 million
Rolando McClain - Signed to 1-year deal worth $700,000
Daryl Smith - Signed to 1-year deal worth $1.125 million
Visanthe Shiancoe - Signed to 1-year deal worth $940,000

Releases/Retirements

Ray Lewis - Retired
Matt Birk - Retired
Bobbie Williams - Released
Bernard Pollard - Released
Brendon Ayanbadejo - Released
Rolando McClain - Retired
Michael McAdoo - Released
Vonta Leach - Released

Trades

Anquan Boldin traded to the San Francisco 49ers for a 6th round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft
A.Q. Shipley acquired from the Indianapolis Colts for a conditional pick in the 2014 NFL Draft

Last edited by coordinator0 on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:39 pm; edited 43 times in total
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good info. I'll use it for my next mock offseason... Which I should get up before Christmas.

I'm curious about Sergio Kindle and Adrian Hamilton. I'd have to imagine that both players are still RFA status... But like you I'm not sure about if the PS changes the rules for what makes a player a UFA vs a RFA... Not that I think it makes much of a difference as either way I think we'll likely be bringing both guys back. With no teams looking to sign Kindle when we released him, I doubt he'll see much activity on a FA market. His best hope will probably be to return and improve. We should look to sign both at the minimum. So that shouldn't be much expense there in retaining those options. But we'll see.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Baltimore Ravens 2013 Free Agency Discussion Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

Link to 2013 Salary Cap - http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/2013-ravens-salary-cap/

Free Agency Preview - http://russellstreetreport.com/ravens-2013-free-agency-preview/

Quote:
PROJECTED SALARY CAP COMMITMENT:

At this point, it’s a little too early to project – especially without knowing what the 2013 league-wide Salary Cap is going to be – but, assuming the projections of a minimal increase in the Cap are correct, the Ravens will be very tight against the Cap heading into the 2013 offseason. Recent estimates of have pegged the league-wide Cap somewhere in the $122M range and, with only 37 players under contract for 2013, most of the team’s present Cap space will be eaten up by the contract tenders for the team’s RFAs and ERFAs.

Note - Some of the players I have listed in the UFAs section may be RFAs or EFAs. I'm not quire sure how the free agency eligibility for guys on the practice squad works.

I think my advocacy for letting Flacco walk is well known around these parts. So I'm not going to discuss this here. However, has anyone considered the possibility of New England offering Ed Reed a deal we can't match, Belichick's love for Reed is well known, as is his ability to convince veterans to come to New England in search of a ring. I'd say Reed either retires or leaves in search of one last paycheck. Of the unrestricted free agents I'd say Ellerbe and unfortunately Flacco are the only locks to return. Williams has overpaid free agent written all over him, and Krugar has made himself too much money these last few weeks. Bajema through Dixon are replaceable scrubs and retaining them or letting them walk isn't particularly relevant. I'd like to see Hamilton, and Kindle return as I think both have a good deal of potential, and the other veterans, outside of maybe McBean I'd be fine with letting walk. With regards to restricted free I'd like to see Jones return, he has really played well the last few weeks. Harewood has potential and is still and intriguing developmental guy. Reed I'd venture to guess loses his roster spot to Tommy Streeter who could be a big time sleeper for us next year, along with Michael Mcadoo. Cook had a nasty injury and will probably walk. Cos is a long snapper and is pretty irrelevant. I'd be curious to see what is done with Dixon and Pitta, Dixon has great athleticism, but has underachieved in his career, and Pitta has great hands, neither is a particularly good blocker though, and I wonder if their is a more complete tight end on the market. Seferian-Jenkins at Washington could be a great 2014 draft pick for us. There is no reason no to bring back the exclusive right's guys, all have earned their pay in my book.

We clear up another 10 million dollars if Ray and Birk walk, and I for one think taking a good look at Jake Long makes a bunch of sense, he's had a few injuries and won't be paid top dollar, but he is still a top five left tackle, and a line of Long, KO, Gradkowski / the veteran we bring in who gets cut in august, Yanda, and Oher seems top notch to me. The other possibility would be a Michael Johnson to give us another pass rusher. I would not at all be surprised to see some serious turnover in the roster.
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: Baltimore Ravens 2013 Free Agency Discussion Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I'm not quire sure how the free agency eligibility for guys on the practice squad works.

PS guys when they sign the reserve/future contract at the end of the season are basically ERFAs iirc. They'd only be paid the league minimum for their number of accrued years, and with no real signing bonus

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Baltimore Ravens 2013 Free Agency Discussion Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
However, has anyone considered the possibility of New England offering Ed Reed a deal we can't match, Belichick's love for Reed is well known, as is his ability to convince veterans to come to New England in search of a ring.

Evil or Very Mad

I'm really hoping Reed comes back on a relatively small contract. But, if not I'd hate seeing him on any other team, especially one like the Pats.

Ellerbe has to be the priority among UFA (outside of Flacco). I'd like Williams and Kruger to come back, but it's looking more likely that they get a better offer elsewhere. Kruger, I believe is and has always been a better fit for a 4-3 defense.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Baltimore Ravens 2013 Free Agency Discussion Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
alfalcone wrote:
However, has anyone considered the possibility of New England offering Ed Reed a deal we can't match, Belichick's love for Reed is well known, as is his ability to convince veterans to come to New England in search of a ring.

Evil or Very Mad

I'm really hoping Reed comes back on a relatively small contract. But, if not I'd hate seeing him on any other team, especially one like the Pats.

Ellerbe has to be the priority among UFA (outside of Flacco). I'd like Williams and Kruger to come back, but it's looking more likely that they get a better offer elsewhere. Kruger, I believe is and has always been a better fit for a 4-3 defense.

The Patriots never throw around "offers that can't be matched" -- when they bring in older veterans, it's usually either due to A) they've been on bad teams and they want a shot at a ring, or B) they're troubled and BB thinks he can work with them. Ed Reed doesn't fit the type of signing BB would go for unless we released him -- they certainly wouldn't offer something we "can't match". Not want to match? Maybe, but not "can't".

As for Ellerbe I agree -- but I really think we need to be careful with him. Yes, he's come on strong the past few games but he's still not anything better than average at best -- he's good depth though and can start and not crap the bed.

I think we'll definitely see Cary walk, but I think Kruger has a shot at staying. But if he goes, I won't be too upset about it other than the fact that we're thinner there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we can afford to let Paul Kruger walk. This team is already thin as nails on pass rushers so letting him walk would be ANOTHER mistake that the front office has made in terms of letting pass rushers hit the market.

I'm fine with Williams hitting the market, because some team is going to over pay for him, but I think we should retain Ellerbe at this point (quite the contrast from what I was saying when we gave him the contract at the start of this year), but at least Ellerbe seems to be coming on, whereas McClain is stuck being a below-average ILB.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I don't think we can afford to let Paul Kruger walk. This team is already thin as nails on pass rushers so letting him walk would be ANOTHER mistake that the front office has made in terms of letting pass rushers hit the market.

I'm fine with Williams hitting the market, because some team is going to over pay for him, but I think we should retain Ellerbe at this point (quite the contrast from what I was saying when we gave him the contract at the start of this year), but at least Ellerbe seems to be coming on, whereas McClain is stuck being a below-average ILB.

Huh? Who are you referring to here?
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Elm Street coming back. We are talking about a potential double digit sack guy who is pretty young and started for the Baltimore Ravens. Someone is paying him.

Cary Williams I see going too.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Huh? Who are you referring to here?

Cory Redding and Antwaan Barnes are the most recent ones I can remember. Heck, even JJ leaving, as much as he wasn't a pass rusher he at least gave us consistency, so that we could keep our other guys fresh.

StevenV32

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Baltimore Ravens 2013 Free Agency Discussion Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:

The thought of Reed leaving scares me almost as much as Ray "testing free agency" a few years back.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I don't see Elm Street coming back. We are talking about a potential double digit sack guy who is pretty young and started for the Baltimore Ravens. Someone is paying him.

And this is where Steve needs to step up and pay him as well. If he walks, the only pass rusher we have left is Sizzle, and he's quickly going out of his prime with nobody left to replace him.

Kindle is a pure bust at this point and Upshaw is a run stopper. Who knows what we're going to get from McPhee as well.

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

And this is where Steve needs to step up and pay him as well. If he walks, the only pass rusher we have left is Sizzle, and he's quickly going out of his prime with nobody left to replace him.

Kindle is a pure bust at this point and Upshaw is a run stopper. Who knows what we're going to get from McPhee as well.

Upshaw is going to be a really nice pass rusher. Give him a minute. I like Kruger but I don't want to overpay him out of desperation.

We are going to have opportunities to draft some good pass rushers this year as well. Deep class and I see a couple/few overrated ones going off the board before we are on the clock.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They traded Barnes to the Eagles (where he did less with them than he did with the Ravens) and they're the ones that cut him/let him hit free agency. Redding... meh. He's not what I would label a pass-rusher at all and the same goes for Johnson. Keeping guys fresh so they can rush the passer is not a describing factor of a guy that can actually be a pass-rusher. The fact is that the Ravens haven't really had any pass-rushers worth anything besides Suggs the past few seasons so there haven't been any real mistakes by the front office in letting guys hit the market.

Kruger is a different story though. I'm on the fence with him. It depends on what kind of a deal he/his agent are looking for and with the value of pass-rushers in the NFL I bet he gets a fairly big deal. Like what was quoted in the first post it looks like the Ravens will be up against the cap with just 37 guys under contract and the tenders handed out to the RFAs and EFAs. It's going to be interesting to see how things play out with the UFAs like Flacco, Reed, Ellerbe, and Kruger. I agree that Williams is probably gone but I'm not too worried about that and the four I listed are the only ones worth making an attempt to keep in my opinion.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Upshaw is going to be a really nice pass rusher. Give him a minute. I like Kruger but I don't want to overpay him out of desperation.

We are going to have opportunities to draft some good pass rushers this year as well. Deep class and I see a couple/few overrated ones going off the board before we are on the clock.

Upshaw a pass rusher? When? He's always been a run-stopper.

What I'm saying is why would we want to waste draft picks when we already have a pass rusher in place? Unless we want to give up draft picks to REALLY get an elite pass rusher like Aldon Smith or Bruve Irvin in the middle of the first round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 1 of 43

Jump to: