Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dan Pompel says the Bears can't afford to pursue Jake Long
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bears54

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Hmmm... Reply with quote

We should sign Levitre and Brandon Albert.

A stud OG and a stud OT....Levitre to a 5 year 25 million contract and Brandon Albert to a 5 year 45 million 25 million guarnteed contract.

Let Devin Hester, Idonji, Kellen Davis, Urlacher, Chris Spencer, Hayden, walk....

We should of signed Eric Winston when we had the chance. He was released by the Texans and signed with the chiefs for 4 years $22 million....I so wish we would of signed him for that kind of money....
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:

A stud OG and a stud OT....Levitre to a 5 year 25 million contract and Brandon Albert to a 5 year 45 million 25 million guarnteed contract.

Let Devin Hester, Idonji, Kellen Davis, Urlacher, Chris Spencer, Hayden, walk....

We should of signed Eric Winston when we had the chance. He was released by the Texans and signed with the chiefs for 4 years $22 million....I so wish we would of signed him for that kind of money....

Albert is probably looking at 5 years 50.

But I will have no issue with Emery fixing the OL however he chooses to do it. If he wants to move resources around and spend big in free agency I am all for that. If he wants to draft heavy and sign mid level free agents I am may with that as well.
Bears54

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:27 am    Post subject: Yup Reply with quote

WindyCity,

The Bears chose Cutler to be their franchise QB...

So being a franchise QB, he deserves a franchise LT....we dont have time for a 1st round pick to develop or hope he isnt a bust...

Sign Brandon Albert to 5 years $45 million, 25 million guaranteed....then go get Levitre to put your starting LG....

With our 2nd round pick we should draft the best available RT.....then let Carimi, Spencer, and Louis fight out the RG position and have Garza play center....its about time we put some money into our offensive line....

Our 1st round pick should be a MLB in my opinion or the best available CB...Tillman is getting old and we dont have anyone else....
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Yup Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
WindyCity,

The Bears chose Cutler to be their franchise QB...

So being a franchise QB, he deserves a franchise LT....we dont have time for a 1st round pick to develop or hope he isnt a bust...

Sign Brandon Albert to 5 years $45 million, 25 million guaranteed....then go get Levitre to put your starting LG....

With our 2nd round pick we should draft the best available RT.....then let Carimi, Spencer, and Louis fight out the RG position and have Garza play center....its about time we put some money into our offensive line....

Our 1st round pick should be a MLB in my opinion or the best available CB...Tillman is getting old and we dont have anyone else....

I am all for it.

I would love for us to sign Branden Albert and draft one of the top OGs in the draft.

But we need to know what the money situation is and where we are picking.

Because if Albert hits the market he is getting 10 million a year because he plays LT.

8-9 million is what the top OGs get.

Clady rejected 5 years 50 million with close to 30 guaranteed and Albert will not be far behind that.
Bears54

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Damn.... Reply with quote

We should be able to sign Brandon Albert....

I dont believe Levitre is going to get top OG money. You said TOP OGs get 8-9 million a year. I could see Levitre going for 6-7 million a year..Maybe something like 5 years 30 million......

If the Rumor is true...Josh McDaniels to the Bears then maybe since McDaniels came from the Patriots and the Broncos he will have some influence on who we sign for the offensive line..

Ryan Clady- Denver
or
Sebastian Vollmer- Patriots

I honestly believe we need 2 free agents for the offensive line....I would also like to see the Bears go after Danny Amendola to play the slot position.

Dream offseason for the 2013 season (practical offseason)

Bears sign Brandon Albert (OT) to a 6 year $50 million contract with 30 million guaranteed.

Bears sign Brandon Moore (OG) Jets to a 2 year $8 million contract

Bears sign Danny Amendola (WR) to a 5 year $ 35 million contract
DaMike

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Damn.... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
We should be able to sign Brandon Albert....

I dont believe Levitre is going to get top OG money. You said TOP OGs get 8-9 million a year. I could see Levitre going for 6-7 million a year..Maybe something like 5 years 30 million......

If the Rumor is true...Josh McDaniels to the Bears then maybe since McDaniels came from the Patriots and the Broncos he will have some influence on who we sign for the offensive line..

Ryan Clady- Denver
or
Sebastian Vollmer- Patriots

I honestly believe we need 2 free agents for the offensive line....I would also like to see the Bears go after Danny Amendola to play the slot position.

Dream offseason for the 2013 season (practical offseason)

Bears sign Brandon Albert (OT) to a 6 year $50 million contract with 30 million guaranteed.

Bears sign Brandon Moore (OG) Jets to a 2 year $8 million contract

Bears sign Danny Amendola (WR) to a 5 year $ 35 million contract
Webb hasn't really been our main issue and I don't think most of these O linemen will reach free agency. I think all these main O linemen will at least get the 1st round tender.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also add

Melton 5 years 35 million

Lance Louis 5 years 20 million

And now we are giving up 130 million in new contracts.
Bears54

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: no way... Reply with quote

No way would I pay Lance Louis 5 years 20 million.....he is a decent OG at best on a terrible offensive line. He would not be starting on any other line expect ours. He is serviceable offensive guard. I honestly would let him walk and draft a OG...

I would sign Henry Melton though...the guy can play....

We are going to have money to play with...

-Devin Hester signed a 4 year $40 million contract in 2008
- either we can sign a free agent WR like Danny Amendola, we can draft a WR in the 2013 draft and we can also hope and pray Johnny Knox can return an play football (but i doubt it)

-Brian Urlacher signed a 5 year $40 million contract with a base salary of $7.5 million this year
- A priority entering the draft, with one of my first two picks in the draft, I would draft our future MLB.

-Kellen Davis just signed a 2 year $6 million contract
-anyone is better than this bum. I would look to expand Evan Rodriguez role or we can give Shockey a call.

-Israel Idonije signed a 1 year $2.5 million contract
- We have Wooton and McCllein

-Robbie Gould in 2008 signed a 6 year $15 million contract
-Kickers are replacebale.

- Jason Campbell signed a 1 year $3 million contract
- can resign him or groom a youngester

Letting all these players walk, we will have some money to use to at least get us 2 key free agent signings.

Brandon Albert can have Brian Urlachers contract
Danny Amendola can have Devin Hesters contract
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: no way... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
No way would I pay Lance Louis 5 years 20 million.....he is a decent OG at best on a terrible offensive line. He would not be starting on any other line expect ours. He is serviceable offensive guard. I honestly would let him walk and draft a OG...

I would sign Henry Melton though...the guy can play....

We are going to have money to play with...

-Devin Hester signed a 4 year $40 million contract in 2008
- either we can sign a free agent WR like Danny Amendola, we can draft a WR in the 2013 draft and we can also hope and pray Johnny Knox can return an play football (but i doubt it)

-Brian Urlacher signed a 5 year $40 million contract with a base salary of $7.5 million this year
- A priority entering the draft, with one of my first two picks in the draft, I would draft our future MLB.

-Kellen Davis just signed a 2 year $6 million contract
-anyone is better than this bum. I would look to expand Evan Rodriguez role or we can give Shockey a call.

-Israel Idonije signed a 1 year $2.5 million contract
- We have Wooton and McCllein

-Robbie Gould in 2008 signed a 6 year $15 million contract
-Kickers are replacebale.

- Jason Campbell signed a 1 year $3 million contract
- can resign him or groom a youngester

Letting all these players walk, we will have some money to use to at least get us 2 key free agent signings.

Brandon Albert can have Brian Urlachers contract
Danny Amendola can have Devin Hesters contract

Devin Hester makes 2 million a season that 40 million was all bonuse he won't get.

Right now we have about 13 million next season and that is with Urlacher coming off the books.
Bears54

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Hmmm.... Reply with quote

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/devin-hester/

According to this link, Hester made $1.6 million this year in base salary, $750k signing bonus, $5 million roster bonus and a $250k workout bonus for this year. He had a $7.6 million cap hit against the Cap Space this year.

And if we were to keep him next year, his numbers increase big time and he would have a $12 million cap hit. So unless he takes a paycut, I dont see him being around next year.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm.... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/devin-hester/

According to this link, Hester made $1.6 million this year in base salary, $750k signing bonus, $5 million roster bonus and a $250k workout bonus for this year. He had a $7.6 million cap hit against the Cap Space this year.

And if we were to keep him next year, his numbers increase big time and he would have a $12 million cap hit. So unless he takes a paycut, I dont see him being around next year.

His cap his next year is something like 2.7 million the 12 million number is based on a bonus he will never get.

But I agree he is going to be cut, we just won't get that much money back.

Madmike has the actual numbers on this.

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-bears-huddle/2012/04/a-look-at-devin-hesters-future-in-chicago/
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm... Reply with quote

Bears54 wrote:

You make it sound so easy, which is one of the aspects I hate about free agency. You have to bank on a player actually hitting the market, and then you have to overpay for him.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no clue why some of you want to sign Brandon Albert. That dude is not good.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
I have no clue why some of you want to sign Brandon Albert. That dude is not good.
I have seen little evidence that any of us knows much about these players. We can complain and [inappropriate/removed] and moan but that is about it, myself included. Luck is a HUGE aspect of this whole thing.
topwop1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:

He may not be amazing but he's certainly a lot better than any other offensive lineman the Bears have; therefore, he would certainly be an upgrade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: