Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geep Chryst, Quarterback Coach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Geep Chryst, Quarterback Coach Reply with quote

What can you guys tell me about Geep Chryst? In your opinion is he a decent offensive coordinator candidate?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Geep Chryst, Quarterback Coach Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
What can you guys tell me about Geep Chryst? In your opinion is he a decent offensive coordinator candidate?

DON'T. TOUCH. GEEP!

He IS a decent offensive coordinator candidate. Chances are, he will be OUR decent offensive coordinator, once Roman takes a college head coaching job. So, don't touch! He's ours!

Wink

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Geep Chryst, Quarterback Coach Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:

Yes, leave him the hell alone! Take Greg Roman, instead... Razz

fa·nat·ic (f-ntk)
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.
Fleener: 21 Recs 222yds 86 YAC Walker: 7 Recs 89yds 13YAC
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Geep Chryst, Quarterback Coach Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

DON'T. TOUCH. GEEP!

He IS a decent offensive coordinator candidate. Chances are, he will be OUR decent offensive coordinator, once Roman takes a college head coaching job. So, don't touch! He's ours!

Wink

Wink You're answer tells me all I need to know! LOL

What college head coaching jobs is Roman a candidate for?

So would you say that Chryst has alot of input with the offensive philosophy even with Harbaugh and Roman?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Geep Chryst, Quarterback Coach Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

DON'T. TOUCH. GEEP!

Wink

So would you say that Chryst has alot of input with the offensive philosophy even with Harbaugh and Roman?

We can only base our knowledge off articles, but from what I gathered, every coach has input in gameplans, play designs and play calls. Chryst is notorious for allegedly suggesting "Vernon Post", the game-winning TD against the Saints in the playoffs, after noticing how the saints' safeties were playing. He's a sharp guy, no doubt (he went to Princeton, after all). His brother, Paul, became the HC at Pitt last year. I have no doubt Geep probably has ambitions. The first step towards getting a head coaching job, perhaps in the NFL, would be to be an OC. I'm feeling very confident in his abilities, right now.

Roman's name has been tied to many college head coaching jobs already. I think even Penn St was interested last year, but since we were heading to the playoffs, Roman refused to talk with them. He is going to be a head coach very soon, in my opinion. I guess he's just waiting for the right situation.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Geep Chryst, Quarterback Coach Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

DON'T. TOUCH. GEEP!

Wink

We can only base our knowledge off articles, but from what I gathered, every coach has input in gameplans, play designs and play calls. Chryst is notorious for allegedly suggesting "Vernon Post", the game-winning TD against the Saints in the playoffs, after noticing how the saints' safeties were playing. He's a sharp guy, no doubt (he went to Princeton, after all). His brother, Paul, became the HC at Pitt last year. I have no doubt Geep probably has ambitions. The first step towards getting a head coaching job, perhaps in the NFL, would be to be an OC. I'm feeling very confident in his abilities, right now.

Roman's name has been tied to many college head coaching jobs already. I think even Penn St was interested last year, but since we were heading to the playoffs, Roman refused to talk with them. He is going to be a head coach very soon, in my opinion. I guess he's just waiting for the right situation.

I can see Roman going to Wisconsin. I thought he'd be a perfect fit for Tennessee, but they've filled that spot. If Chip leaves, Oregon could be another option.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Geep Chryst, Quarterback Coach Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

DON'T. TOUCH. GEEP!

Wink

I can see Roman going to Wisconsin. I thought he'd be a perfect fit for Tennessee, but they've filled that spot. If Chip leaves, Oregon could be another option.

Ive heard rumors that he's the number one candidate for the Cal job.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21
Cali2Wisco

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Geep Chryst, Quarterback Coach Reply with quote

Kikuchiyo wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

DON'T. TOUCH. GEEP!

Wink

You need to get new sources then
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Geep Chryst, Quarterback Coach Reply with quote

Cali2Wisco wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

DON'T. TOUCH. GEEP!

Wink

Yes, Cal hired Dykes about a week ago.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Geep Chryst, Quarterback Coach Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
Cali2Wisco wrote:
Kikuchiyo wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

DON'T. TOUCH. GEEP!

Wink

Yes, Cal hired Dykes about a week ago.

Ewww dont like that hire. Honestly, hadnt heard anything in like a month. I thought they'd wait till the end of the cfb season to name a new coach at least.

A Big Thanks To PatsDynasty21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: