Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Aaron Williams, Safety?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Aaron Williams, Safety? Reply with quote

Our safety play is one of the bright spots on the defense, however Geroge Wilson doesnt look like the same player he was in years past.

Da'Norris Searcy is a solid replacement at SS, he is physical and can cover TEs.

Throw Aaron Williams into the mix, the draft "experts" leading up to the 2011 draft had him as a safety. They said Williams didn't have the speed to cover WRs at an NFL level, and well they were right. Before his injury he was constantly being burned, it seemed like every game.

Williams played a little safety at Texas, I am thinking he should be moved to safety. He is a player who isnt afraid to take chances and is a solid tackler. On 3rd downs if we had Byrd and Williams playing safety, 2 ball hawks in the secondary would be pretty hard to defend.

What are your thoughts about moving Aaron Williams to safety?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My initial thought is that he couldnt be any worse. He was horrendous this year. I was even told by a Bills WR and Bills DB that they didn't think Williams was going to make it out of camp and that he is on a short leash. Bills coaching staff gave him a chance to prove he can start in this league and did quite an awful job. Since his absence the defense has begun stifling opponents, albeit inconsistently, but much better than before.

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Aaron Williams, Safety? Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Our safety play is one of the bright spots on the defense, however Geroge Wilson doesnt look like the same player he was in years past.

Da'Norris Searcy is a solid replacement at SS, he is physical and can cover TEs.

Throw Aaron Williams into the mix, the draft "experts" leading up to the 2011 draft had him as a safety. They said Williams didn't have the speed to cover WRs at an NFL level, and well they were right. Before his injury he was constantly being burned, it seemed like every game.

Williams played a little safety at Texas, I am thinking he should be moved to safety. He is a player who isnt afraid to take chances and is a solid tackler. On 3rd downs if we had Byrd and Williams playing safety, 2 ball hawks in the secondary would be pretty hard to defend.

What are your thoughts about moving Aaron Williams to safety?

IMO the only hope he has to remain in NFL !! I'm good with Aaron Williams fighting for Safety spot tho. George Wilson has been no existent.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering we spent a 2nd round on him we should try and extend his stay at least another year or two. My prediction is Wilson is gone soon, and we draft a S earlier then some may expect.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Considering we spent a 2nd round on him we should try and extend his stay at least another year or two. My prediction is Wilson is gone soon, and we draft a S earlier then some may expect.

I agree we need to bring in some competition for Searcy although I have been impressed by his play of late still a small sample size. This years Saftey draft class is as deep as it has been in some time. I wouldnt mind trying to find someone in the 4th or 5th rd range.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:

I'm cool with Byrd/ Williams/Searcy/??

I've become hell bent on another 1st round CB too !! Milliner or Banks if Wilson/Smith/Te'o off board

Gilmore/Milliner/McKelvin/Brooks is formidable with Byrd/Williams/Searcy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: