Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agents 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigaman13 wrote:
I'm surprised Levitre didn't jump at anyone. The guy has the ability to block anyone on the inside and could come at an acceptable price.

Justin Blaylock and Peter Konz are our guards. Hawley is going to be the center barring something major happening. So there is literally no need for Levrite, although he is definitely a top 10 guard.

#JDI
gigaman13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levitre is better than both easilly. He plays lower and more aggresive at the attack point than blalock, has a much better pass set than either have even flashed be it pros or college, and is still as young a player as blalock is. When konz has the ability to play inside and is cerebral enough to make the line calls, it makes little sense not to take the upgrade. I dont see him asking for contracts like the 2 guards last uear did. I feel he's looking for something different and still plays a better guard than even clabo would if long was picked up.

There really is no point in not upgrading a position when its affordable considering how bad the line has played.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with gigaman. Let Hawley and Konz battle it out for the starting center job. If Konz can't win the job over an average Hawley then he's a bust.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^

Doesnt really matter what fans want. It's been reported many times that Konz is the future at RG and Hawley is the future at C.

#JDI
adam9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
^^^

Doesnt really matter what fans want. It's been reported many times that Konz is the future at RG and Hawley is the future at C.

By who?

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gigaman13 wrote:
I'm surprised Levitre didn't jump at anyone. The guy has the ability to block anyone on the inside and could come at an acceptable price.
Bills have a ton of cap space and he won't end up leaving.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of Blalock and Clabo I don't think anyone is safe on our O-Line. I don't think signing or drafting a guy should be out of the question just because we have someone already.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
Outside of Blalock and Clabo I don't think anyone is safe on our O-Line. I don't think signing or drafting a guy should be out of the question just because we have someone already.

Exactly. Given the fact that this O line is probably in the bottom half of the league and Baker is NOT the problem, I definitely see TD bringing in a guard to at least compete for the starting job.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
gigaman13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Bills have a ton of cap space and he won't end up leaving.

Even if they backloaded the fitz and wiliams contracts to keep some moving room, im not very confident the bills have their hook in the guy. That they havent resigned him already in the last year of his contract says something about one of the sides holding back. I seriously doubt he will get The Tag considering the fleecing on last year's guards.

Just to be clear on my stand as far as our O-line goes, i dont think anyone's jobs should be safe. When you have to adjust your game plans around 3 step drops because you cant scheme a set to make up for some part of your line, its more than just one player or a side.the whole group needs an upgrade or a wakeup call. I say both. We tend to hold onto average linemen much longer than we really should. And the DE position is about to reawaken and the atlanta line is not ready.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: