Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mcshay's Mock for the Phins
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiaDolphan13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Mcshay's Mock for the Phins Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

Mcshay has us taking Dion Jordan from Oregon DE. What do you all think? Def a position of need but will he be the most talent on the board which is what i want over need.

Dont know much about him. Have only seen a few plays.

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guy is a physical freak at 6'6" 245 and runs a 4.6 40. He could stand to add about 10-15 pounds, IMO. He is much in the mold of dare I say...JPP. This would be a solid pick because Cam Wake is our ONLY pass rush right now and he's not gonna be around forever. Better to find something now than wait until later. Having a good pass rush is a CB and Safety's best friend. I think we need to add the pass rush before we worry about our secondary. All in all I would be very excited with this pick if we can add some offensive weapons in the second and third rounds.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While last draft was the year of the QB....this year in the year of the DE.

If one player goes off the board there are 4 or 5 others that are just as good....there are at least 4 DE's that would be the top DE in most drafts. Moore, Montgomery, Jordan, Mingo, Werner, Okafor....looks like you can't go wrong....

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
While last draft was the year of the QB....this year in the year of the DE.

If one player goes off the board there are 4 or 5 others that are just as good....there are at least 4 DE's that would be the top DE in most drafts. Moore, Montgomery, Jordan, Mingo, Werner, Okafor....looks like you can't go wrong....

I know Carradine from FSU just tore his ACL, but he was an animal and could probably be taken in the 2nd. I believe he had just as many sacks as Werner.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been watching film on him today at work. I like what i see. Just seems a little raw. But so was JPP. Not saying he will be JPP but just in comparison.

If we landed Jordan and Woods in the Second. Id be happy.

-Courtesy of bpastermack talking about John Beck.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Opinion:

Dion Jordan

6'6" Oregon lists him at 6'7'. Weight Range : 240 -245. 40 Time : 4.65-4.72

As he stands out from a physical presence due to his height and speed, there is not a complete body of work to accurately predict how it translates to an NFL career. Certainly his measurables will widen the eyes of most NFL teams. In terms of production, I wanted to see more in the second half of his senior year. Hence , I expect the term "upside" to be used extensively in the predraft.

Draft Status :

Dion Jordan should go mid-late second round. In all probability he will go in the first round.

NFL :

Best scenario would be that Dion is drafted by a team using him solely as a pass rusher in his first year. He needs more weight without the expense of speed to become an every down defensive end in NFL.

Dolphin Match :

Simply, there are better choices for Miami in the first two rounds. Another team may have the luxury to wait on his development.

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 3, Tackles 5 Assists 2 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1

Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 3 : Death 17 Joe 7
hammer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think. Werner is by far the best DE and it is not even close.
NBA: New York Knicks
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammer wrote:

hammer knows...oh he knows.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
Daryl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it!! Sure he has weaknesses but so does every other player coming out at his position. JPP wasn't a finished product thats why he lasted so long. All I know is this coaching staff is good at the developmental phase of the game. The teaching part! We need talent and speed and he is going to improve our Pass defense which is a HUGE need!!!

Last edited by Daryl on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
Russ57

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As badly as we need a WR it makes more sense to pick a DE/OT in the first this year. With four picks in the 2nd/3rd rounds we can find WR's/TE that can make a difference.
mountainpd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammer wrote:

+1

^^^Kempes^^^
ajiggel72

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan- I don't completely hate this pick. I like the direction but here is who I would rather target if they are available.

1) Jarvis Jones DE/OLB -he is an absolute monster! The D-line of Wake-Odrick-Soilia-Jones is VERY scary. BTW I see O.Vernon becoming more of a 4-3 OLB- K.Burnett's eventual replacement.

2) Luke Joeckel LT - I think J.Martin played admirably against the 49ers and there could provide a solid future there. However, this kid is scary good and fits the system. Hehas emerged as a great LT even when being tested against nearly all of those 1st round DE's

3) Bjoren Warner DE - don't think I need an explanation.

4) Damonte Moore DE- Although I love Warner Moore is not far behind. He has been the one leading the FCS in sacks.

5) Manti Te'o MLB - Dansby's got a huge cap number and if Teo is avalible I see us drafting him and trading Dansby to a team like Detroit for about a 4th round pick. Replace a leader, with another leader with more potential.

I see a potential for some of these guys to slide such as Warner (purely a 4-3 guy, Jones medical concerns, Te'o recent struggles of top shelf MLBs coming out of college)

Realistically, I see us selecting Damontre Moore DE, Texas A&M.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be estatic if we grabbed Jordan,i see more aldon Smith in him then JPP. Me personally i think Werner is a all around beast who excells at batting passes sound familar with someone.. Jarvis jones is a guy who could last to 8-10 spot because of his size and durability, jones is actually good fit for a 43 team a linebacker who can play the run and rush the QB from the linebacker spot something we dont have. Line him up at different spots to rush like von miller.
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ezekial Ansah more than Jordan. He's only been playing football for 3 years. Bigger than Jordan but with a little less athleticism. Still very athletic though.
patman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
The guy is a physical freak at 6'6" 245 and runs a 4.6 40. He could stand to add about 10-15 pounds, IMO. He is much in the mold of dare I say...JPP. This would be a solid pick because Cam Wake is our ONLY pass rush right now and he's not gonna be around forever. Better to find something now than wait until later. Having a good pass rush is a CB and Safety's best friend. I think we need to add the pass rush before we worry about our secondary. All in all I would be very excited with this pick if we can add some offensive weapons in the second and third rounds.

I don't see JPP, but someone your more familar with - Taylor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: