Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos @ Ravens (Week 15) GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Oher vs. Von Miller terrifies me.

It is very rare that Von ever lines up against a LT to be honest. In obvious passing situations, he will line up against the RT and he will actually rush the A gaps more often that he will line up against a LT.

There are a couple of reasons for this. Von's speed can't be matched by any RT in the NFL. Few LT could handle his speed, but no RT can. Now the reason most teams line their premier pass rusher up against the LT is obviously because it is the blindside of the QB so you figure your chances of a big play are better by going up against the LT rather than the RT. But Von is so athletic that even when a QB sees him coming, he has the ability to change direction quick enough to bring down a QB trying to step up/avoid him.

Because we shift him all over the formation and because he plays as a SLB in our base 4-3, Von is really tough to double team so it isn't as easy as saying "double him".

Staying out of 3rd and long really is key for your Offense this game.

MUFC OK
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
Marshal Yanda (ankle) and Bernard Pollard (ribs) not practicing for third day. Yanda definitely won't play. Pollard is a question mark

Not Pollard too. Sad
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Marshal Yanda (ankle) and Bernard Pollard (ribs) not practicing for third day. Yanda definitely won't play. Pollard is a question mark

Not Pollard too. Sad

Well if Pollard doesn't play, there might be a SLIM chance that Omar Brown might see some action.

I swear that guy is our version of Stevie Brown for the Giants - the football just wants to be in his hands!

amazingandre in regards to the 2014 MVP race wrote:
Justin James Watt...deserves the MVP award over Aaron Rodgers....
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the preseason version... I really doubt Brown would get on the field if Pollard missed the game. Ihedigbo would start and Considine would be his and Reed's backup. For Brown to play on defense I think Reed and Ihedigbo or Considine would have to get hurt so I really hope he doesn't have a chance.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Well, the preseason version... I really doubt Brown would get on the field if Pollard missed the game. Ihedigbo would start and Considine would be his and Reed's backup. For Brown to play on defense I think Reed and Ihedigbo or Considine would have to get hurt so I really hope he doesn't have a chance.

I know, but honestly I'd rather see him on the field than Considine. At least with Stevie there's a slim chance he might make a play for OUR team, whereas Considine is a missed coverage / missed tackle for a TD waiting to happen.

coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I agree with that but I just don't think it will happen. Considine is horrible and Ihedigo isn't much better.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Oh I agree with that but I just don't think it will happen. Considine is horrible and Ihedigo isn't much better.

Yup, very true. I honestly can't tell you why we signed either of those guys and didn't give Omar Brown a chance to atleast compete to play.

dcarey20

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Yup, very true. I honestly can't tell you why we signed either of those guys and didn't give Omar Brown a chance to atleast compete to play.

Considine does suck, but everyone knows that and it's why he only plays special teams. He can at least do that.

I'm fine with ihedigbo as the 3rd safety though, I actually think he's solid in that role.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ray Lewis remains on injured reserve-designated to return with surgically repaired right triceps. Not active for Sunday's game, as expected

If Ellerbe can't play again then the Ravens are stuck with Ayanbadejo and Bynes as the ILBs again since McClain is out too. This has been the most injury-ravaged defense for the Ravens that I can remember.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Ray Lewis remains on injured reserve-designated to return with surgically repaired right triceps. Not active for Sunday's game, as expected

If Ellerbe can't play again then the Ravens are stuck with Ayanbadejo and Bynes as the ILBs again since McClain is out too. This has been the most injury-ravaged defense for the Ravens that I can remember.

That's the biggest thing that gives me hope, were going to get all of those guys back at some point. This game is all about the offense if we can get the offense going we can definitely have something to look forward to. Just don't rush anybody back and hope we are healthy by post season. Nobody knows what to expect from a healthy Ravens D because we haven't had one all year.
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

McCllelan should start inside. I hope he has a breakout game so he can take McClain's spot Rolling Eyes

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

McCllelan should start inside. I hope he has a breakout game so he can take McClain's spot Rolling Eyes

He would probably be the best option at ILB considering the other two alternatives are Ayanbadejo and Bynes. I'm not getting my hopes up of seeing McClellan play much at that position though. Pees is still the DC you know. Mad

It would only be a temporary thing anyways until Ellerbe (who still might play tomorrow) and Lewis get back on the field. I believe Ellerbe had taken over the starting spot from McClain when everybody was still healthy and he did nothing to disprove that theory when Lewis went down and he was starting with McClain.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

If the Ravens can even make this competitive then I think the defense will have played well.

Ayanbadejo and Bynes at ILB, Pollard maybe not playing, Williams and Graham starting at corner? Yeah, Peyton is going to be rubbing his hands with glee.

Of course, if the Ravens do lose, then the talk about "backing into the playoffs" and all that nonsense will start up again. But winning nine of your first eleven games gives you the chance to do that if your team is then decimated by injuries (and this is actually worse than decimation, because more than five guys are out).

But this is why I can't really blame Dean Pees too much at the moment. At the start of the season, the defense looked bad, and it was bad. But things really picked up after the bye week, with Suggs coming back and players seeming to get the hang of Pees' scheme. But then they all got injured.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not looking forward to this game at all

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
JROD82891

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I start Decker vs us? or Amendola vs Minnesota? I NEVER start players vs my own team because I cant stand it....but it's the semifinals with 500$ on the line :/

Help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: