Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos @ Ravens (Week 15) GDT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Broncos @ Ravens (Week 15) GDT Reply with quote

When: Sunday, 12/16/12, 1:00 PM
Where: M&T Bank Stadium (71,008)
TV: CBS | WJZ
TV Crew: Greg Gumbel (play-by-play), Dan Dierdorf (analyst)

Injury Lists
Denver Broncos

Questionable

Probable

Baltimore Ravens

Out LB Jameel McClain (back/neck)

Doubtful LB Dannell Ellerbe (ankle); RG Marshall Yanda (ankle)

Questionable

Probable

Three Match-Ups to Watch:
1. Jim Caldwell & the Ravens Offense
Who knows what the offense will look like on Sunday with Jim Caldwell at the helm instead of the newly departed Cam Cameron (Very Happy). Caldwell has never called plays at the NFL level and he will be working with the same offense that Cam Cameron has run for the past 4 & 3/4 years. But here's hoping there are some plays in that playbook that involve receivers other than Ray Rice running between the numbers and that the RBs will see plenty of the ball.

2. Ravens OL vs Broncos Pass Rush
The Broncos have the 2nd most team sacks in the NFL 39, tied with STL), led by SLB Von Miller's 16 QB sacks with Elvis Dumervil chipping in with 8 of his own. Michael Oher and Kelechi Osemeli, neither particularly known for having the quickest of feet, will have their hands full on passing plays in stopping this duo from getting to the QB too quickly

3. Broncos Pass Offense vs Ravens Back 7
While Peyton Manning hasn't had a particularly great career vs the Ravens [career 2443 yards @ 62.9%; 8.0 YPA; 17TDs 8INTs; 95.5 QB rating (which is 16th among all teams)] he does boast a 7-2 WL record against them. Demariyus Thomas, who already has nearly 1200 yards receiving so far this year and is a threat to score a TD from anywhere, will keep Cary Williams/Corey Graham busy while Jacob Tamme and Joel Dressen (who is 2nd on the team with 5 TDs) will occupy the depleted ILB corps likely to start Brendan Ayanbedajo and Josh Bynes again.

The Ravens can lock up a play-off spot with a win this week, and can potentially lock up the AFC North division crown for the second year in a row if either the Steelers or Bengals fail also to win. Will they do it? Only time will tell

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll win in a shoot out. The Sheriff maybe coming to town, but Joe Flacco will be the one to restore order in this sumbatch! Suga-Huddle and murdering people across the middle with Pitta and Dickson... Yes please!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call it a gut feeling, but I think Ray Lewis and Dannell Ellerbe return for this game. This is too big a game for us to just hold back our guys unless they are truly still recovering. Neither probably won't see a full load, but I think they could certainly see a rotation with Ayanbadejo. I also think we see Jimmy Smith return for this game. I think Suggs sits this one out again.

The nature of this game aside, I think we keep the offense simple enough. I expect more motion with our offense to get our receivers more space to work with and perhaps a few screens here and there, but I don't expect us to suddenly be going over the middle at a significantly higher rate than per usual under Cam. Or do rub routes and things of that nature.

I'm hoping we see more Torrey Smith though. Because while it seems Boldin can take over games at certain points, when Smith is dominant in games it seems as though our entire offense is having increased success. I think Smith is the single most important element to our offense personally- even moreso than Rice. When Smith goes, I think we are nearly impossible to stop- the unit is just feeling it. It's like they feed off of him and his big play ability. So hopefully he's able to be successful going forward.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My keys to the game:

1.) Run the ball at Elvis Dumervil, and actually run the ball a LOT. The way to best neutralize the best pass rusher in the NFL is to run the ball and make him play the run and beat them up, then late in the game throw the ball when Von and Elvis have been carved up on the ground.

2.) Force Peyton Manning to hand the ball off. Play LOTS of 3-man fronts or dime coverage and make him hand the ball off. I'm much more comfortable letting Moreno beat us than The Sheriff. You can always blitz from those nickel packages as well, but the last thing I want is for us to get caught in base personnel vs. Peyton Manning and get burnt.

If we can frustrate Peyton in always playing nickel and dime looks and making him either check to a run or pass in unfriendly personnel sets, I think it will lead him to making some mistakes. We just need to stay disciplined, mix in our blitzes and etc. If there's one thing that Peas should know how to do, it's scheme against Peyton since he did it for many years when New England's defense had success against Peyton.

On offense, I really don't know what to say since I don't know what the gameplan is or anything. I would just say get the running game going early and then let's see how can they defend the "Tom Brady", short passing offense early on and neutralize Von. The last thing in the world I want is Von getting 40 pass rushing attempts against KO while we run long developing routes.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
My keys to the game:

1.) Run the ball at Elvis Dumervil, and actually run the ball a LOT. The way to best neutralize the best pass rusher in the NFL is to run the ball and make him play the run and beat them up, then late in the game throw the ball when Von and Elvis have been carved up on the ground.

This is the key to the game, although I think just running at Elvis is a tad short sighted. The teams that have had most success against our Defense (New England and Houston) did so by keeping us in our base 4-3 Defense i.e using a lot of 'Ace' personnel (2 WR 2 TE 1 RB). If you can run the ball against our base 4-3 Defense, this keeps Von Miller at SLB (moves to DE in our sub packages) and also prevents Jack Del Rio from being able to dial up blitz packages to get after Flacco.

Houston got big plays against us by gaining good yards on the ground with Arian Foster then hitting us with Play Action and misdirection on the back of this. New England's Offense is totally different to Houston's, but they still used the running game to set up the passing game by using the hurry up to prevent us moving Von Miller around. When we used our Nickel, the Patriots ran all over us and just kept going no huddle so we couldn't sub into a heavier package. Then, when we went with our base 4-3 he utliized his mismatches at TE's being covered by our LB's.

If you run the ball well and thus stay out of 3rd and long, I don't see us winning this game. If our guys can force 3rd and long then it is a totally different ball game. I know you guys worry about your OT's in pass pro, but I assure you it really doesn't matter who the OT is when Von Miller is rushing the passer on 3rd and long. If you don't have an effective short-intermediate passing game like the Patriots, then Von Miller will get his on 3rd and long. Heck, Von hit Brady about 5 times and the ball was out of his hand in no time at all.

I think Ray Rice has a good day and we lose this game. That said, it should be a really fun game regardless. Best of luck, chaps.

MUFC OK
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Broncos @ Ravens (Week 15) GDT Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:

The Ravens can lock up a play-off spot with a win this week, and can potentially lock up the AFC North division crown for the second year in a row if either the Steelers or Bengals fail also to win. Will they do it? Only time will tell

NFL.com says we clinch the AFC North with a win or a Bengals + Steelers loss, and we can clinch a playoff spot with a win or a Bengals OR Steelers loss. Pretty much a win clinches the division, but if either one of those two teams loses we clinch a spot in the playoffs. Here's to hoping the Eagles beat the Bengals tonight!

GO RAVENS!!
StRawz11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least the Ravens got Gumble and Dierdorf for the game Crying or Very sad

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron's firing scares me because Caldwell may actually realize that Ray Rice plays for the Ravens. However, I think this is a huge test. I like the Broncos on a talent edge, but we never do well in Balt. The last time Denver was riding high was two years ago when they walked into Bal 6-0 and got stomped.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oher vs. Von Miller terrifies me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Anyone vs. Von Miller terrifies me.

Fify

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

drd23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Terrell Suggs, Ray Lewis, Dannell Ellerbe and Jimmy Smith might all play this Sunday if their participation in practice today is any indication

coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Oher vs. Von Miller terrifies me.

This is going to be one of those games where Oher steps up and stonewalls one of the best pass-rushers in the NFL again.

Pray

No, I don't really have faith in that either. I'm actually a bit more worried about Miller lining up against Osemele though.
StRawz11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas and Decker terrify me . Not to mention Peyton.

31 - 21 Denver Peyton

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
Cutler06

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's Yanda's ankle ?

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
How's Yanda's ankle ?

He didn't practice today, so I'd say its not likely he plays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: