Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuccaneersFan34

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: First Mock Draft Reply with quote

Free agents brought in-

Jared Cook, TE, Tennessee Titans

Glenn Dorsey, DT, Kansas City Chiefs

Draft-

Round 1: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida St.

This pick will most likely go to one of the top CBs in the draft. It could be Miliner, Banks, Roby, or Rhodes.

Round 2: (Trade up using our 2nd and one of our 4th round pics) Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon

He wont be on the board when we select in the second round and theres a chance he wont be on the board at the top of the second round. If hes there on the board after round one, we make the move to get a potential pass rusher.

Round 3: (Trade up using our 3rd and our other 4th rounder) David Amerson, CB, NC St.

Hes a talented player in the defensive backfield no matter where we put him. This pick is based on switching him to FS, but it would still be a good pick at CB since we need all the help we can get. I dont think he will be on the board when we pick in round 3 and might not be there at all in round 3 but I hope so.

Round 5: Tavarres King, WR, Georgia

We need a reliable 3rd reciever and cant seem to find one (Benn and Underwood). King has speed and is great with getting YAC. I would love to get Tavon Austin but we have much bigger needs in the top of the draft.

Round 6: Josh Johnson, CB, Purdue

A potential sleeper CB that can develop. At this point in the draft you just try to find players that would make the team.

Round 7: Robbie Rouse, RB, Fresno St.

Blount will be gone after this season and Im not sold on Ware or Smith being the backup to Martin. Rouse is a north and south runner that is a good receiver out of the backfield.
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Dion Jordan will be available at our 1st round pick, let alone our 2nd.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the trades are unrealistic honestly.

Dion Jordon isn't lasting past our first pick, expect a Aldon Smith type jump for him

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorsey is on my list to get

Add WR Ramses Barden (NYG) to play on the other side of VJax will also let Mike Williams work the field like Wes Welker and open him up

Add DE Michael Johnson (CIN) should be releatively inexpensive and can add in a nice rotation or push to start on the other side of Clayborn

Round 01 - (LB) Manti T'eo (if Available or trade up if not too far)
****Consolation (CB) Dee Milliner (Alabama)
Round 02 - (CB) David Amerson (NC State)
****Consolation (CB) Desmond Trufant (Washington)
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dion Jordan will be a top 12 pick. He's flying up boards even before the combine. I've seen a couple mocks in the past 2 weeks having him go as high as 6 to Tennessee.

Amerson won't be there in round 3. He's going to be viewed as a FS. In that case, he'll likely be there early 2nd round and won't last past that.

If we pick top 10, I don't know if I'd take Rhodes. Right now I think we're slotted to pick 12. If we lose out, it's top 10 most likely. In that case, either BPA or trade down and get more depth/talent and take Rhodes at 15-17 spot
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haggis wrote:
Dorsey is on my list to get

Add WR Ramses Barden (NYG) to play on the other side of VJax will also let Mike Williams work the field like Wes Welker and open him up

Add DE Michael Johnson (CIN) should be releatively inexpensive and can add in a nice rotation or push to start on the other side of Clayborn

Round 01 - (LB) Manti T'eo (if Available or trade up if not too far)
****Consolation (CB) Dee Milliner (Alabama)
Round 02 - (CB) David Amerson (NC State)
****Consolation (CB) Desmond Trufant (Washington)

why on earth do we need T'eo this hurts my head so much. We let Drew Brees throw for 575 yards in the two first halfs he played against us. we need a CB BAD.

Barden is also GARBAGE. He's had one good game, and hasnt even been able to help out despite Nicks being injured most of this year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: