Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Official Star Lotulelei Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nbaker1933

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
101Raider wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Djackson205 wrote:
I think Star can be very good, but a few things concern me. He seems like he is mostly interested in his individual block. He just seems to push the lineman as far back as he can regardless of the play. This prevents him from disengaging from some blocks and allows the running back to run past him. This makes me nervous because discipline is what we need and sometimes he looks like he leaves the rest of his team out on a limb, just like Sey and TK. Just a small concern, obviously has the potential to fix these problems.

I've noticed this as well on film Star gets leverage on his man but disregards controlling the lane. Conversely, what I like about Nix is that he's aware of the runner and makes arm tackles while holding off a double team. Nix works to fill the hole while I've seen Star simply let runners by him despite pushing his man back.

However, I can't say I watched enough film on Star to catch him jumping the snap count. My initial assessment is that Star is a run-stopping oriented UT reminiscent of Houston. If the Raiders traded back with St. Louis and got 2 1sts I'd rather have a true NT in Nix and a true penetrating UT in Richardson. What a pair that would be.

Nix and Richardson would be a killer combo for years. Hard to justify 2 dt when we have soon many needs. Those are 2 of my fav players though, so I wouldn't be heart broken
I'm confused? What is the Raiders greatest weakness? Run defense. In addition the Raiders are potentially losing both TK and Seymour. Build from the trenches; with this tandem the Raiders go from the oldest interior DL to one of the youngest and most dynamic. Richardson had an ungodly 75 tackles (10.5 TFL) for a DL and Nix had 45 (5.5 TFL).

It would be hard to pinpoint one biggest weakness.

I think we have many big weaknesses. I think we take BPA.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IdigtheRaiders! wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
IdigtheRaiders! wrote:

I'd actually be surprised if he came out this year. ND players usually stay all 4 years (with some notable exceptions, so it's not impossible he declares for the NFL). Even Cierre Wood is a Senior with another year of college eligibility, and it's still not decided if he's going or staying.
Te'o in Silver and Black this year, Nix in S&B this year? I'd majorly dig it. That said, though I'm still on the Te'o bandwagon for this year, Star is beginning to grow on me a lot. I'd be very happy if we got him.

I believe Nix MAY be the exception to the rule as he has seriously considered transferring a number of times. Perhaps Nix is tired of school or he can barely maintain eligibility given his course workload. How Nix performs in the Championship game could go a long way in determining his decision.

Anyways, I'm geeked at even the remote prospect of Nix/Richardson inside as I believe they would compliment each other perfectly.

Nix is for sure going back to ND for his Senior year: http://irish.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/its-official-martin-and-nix-will-return-for-2013/
I'm still on the "trade back, take Te'o" bandwagon for this year, with an eye for taking Nix next year -- though I'd be all about Star as well.

With 11 brothers and sisters to feed I would not be surprised if Nix later entered the Supplemental Draft. They are getting some support form somewhere.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: