Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Official Star Lotulelei Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Napoleon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmer=Jeff George
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Napoleon wrote:
Palmer=Jeff George

amen i thought he was going to do better i really think its the scheme and the offensive Cordinator.. teams know that he is passing because we dont have a run game at all.. different scheme mcfadden breaks for some big plays and defense dont focus in on palmer.. and our defense is straight wack not even peyton manning could win with our defense
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
Watch Reggie draft a QB... Raider fans will RIOT. We have no clue how this guy will set his draft board, we don't know his draft beliefs, he could be one of those guys that doesn't believe in passing on a QB, if your team doesn't have a long term answer already on the roster. The Packers did draft Rodgers and Brohm just a few years later in round 2, because they thought he was too good to pass up on. We had no picks last year so it was hard to get a read on him. I'm all for Star Lotulelei or Werner but damn, its making my head spin thinking about the draft.

Imo, it's pretty likely we draft a QB this year. I'm not saying necessarily in the first round though.
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:
Watch Reggie draft a QB... Raider fans will RIOT. We have no clue how this guy will set his draft board, we don't know his draft beliefs, he could be one of those guys that doesn't believe in passing on a QB, if your team doesn't have a long term answer already on the roster. The Packers did draft Rodgers and Brohm just a few years later in round 2, because they thought he was too good to pass up on. We had no picks last year so it was hard to get a read on him. I'm all for Star Lotulelei or Werner but damn, its making my head spin thinking about the draft.

Imo, it's pretty likely we draft a QB this year. I'm not saying necessarily in the first round though.

Agreed would be surprised if we don't draft one tbh.
#clueless
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

Agree. I fully expect them to draft a QB. Dysert is my choice in the later rounds.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

You can't say one way or another right now. If Reggie doesn't like the prospects/value, he's not going to draft one for the hell of it.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
dawsonleery wrote:

You can't say one way or another right now. If Reggie doesn't like the prospects/value, he's not going to draft one for the hell of it.

True. That's just the Packers draft history leading me to believe he'd be willing to take a chance on a project at the position. This is a team who had Favre and Rodgers for the last 20 years and has still drafted 12 other QBs in the meantime. Those 12 include Mark Brunell, Matt Hasselbeck, Aaron Brooks and Matt Flynn.
Willis666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Like I said in the draft thread, I wouldn't mind us taking Star, but I'm always weary of inconsistent players who don't play with a motor. He should have dominated way more than he did. I don't see the Ngata comparison at all.

As much as you guys might not like it, I wouldn't be surprised to see Reggie trade down and take Manti Teo. Especially with McClain likely gone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the same concerns said for Ngata the year he came out?? Most College DTs will have motor problems, but that can be worked out with pro-conditioning.

If we pick top-3 then Star is still the player I hope we draft because I believe he can develop into that dominant-Ngata type player.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willis666 wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
Like I said in the draft thread, I wouldn't mind us taking Star, but I'm always weary of inconsistent players who don't play with a motor. He should have dominated way more than he did. I don't see the Ngata comparison at all.

As much as you guys might not like it, I wouldn't be surprised to see Reggie trade down and take Manti Teo. Especially with McClain likely gone.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the same concerns said for Ngata the year he came out?? Most College DTs will have motor problems, but that can be worked out with pro-conditioning.

If we pick top-3 then Star is still the player I hope we draft because I believe he can develop into that dominant-Ngata type player.
Star is better prospect than Ngata was, Ngata still takes plays off, but he is still a beast. We need a lot of players adding him certainly wouldn't hurt, because the plays he doesn't take off he will destroy the opposition.

The problem isn't that a player takes a play off, it's when a player takes a play off if we are rushing three and he's at NT with a triple team, there is no reason for him to go all out he won't get there most of the time. But he needs to show up when we need him consistently and he has proved he can do that in college as Ngata did.
Willis666

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djackson205 wrote:
Star is not a true Nose. Watch any of his games and you can clearly see that he is a penetrator who likes to get into the backfield. Much like Ngata, who isn't a nose either (He actually plays end in their 3-4). I would not be surprised if Jonathon Hankins out of OSU surpassed Star on some draft boards. Hankins is a true DT who stands his ground despite constant double teams.

Does it matter if he's a Nose or not? We need dominant players and I'd hate to miss out on a potenial one. Hell do with him what the Ravens do with Ngata, and move him around for mismatches.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Willis666 wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Star is better prospect than Ngata was, Ngata still takes plays off, but he is still a beast. We need a lot of players adding him certainly wouldn't hurt, because the plays he doesn't take off he will destroy the opposition.

The problem isn't that a player takes a play off, it's when a player takes a play off if we are rushing three and he's at NT with a triple team, there is no reason for him to go all out he won't get there most of the time. But he needs to show up when we need him consistently and he has proved he can do that in college as Ngata did.

i dont like how star tries to jump the snap count ala tko

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Willis666 wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Yeah i see that too, most lineman do it though. Some are just better than other, for example Seymour is excellent at jumping the snap so was Burgess and Sapp. Have to take the good with the bad.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Willis666 wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

Yeah i see that too, most lineman do it though. Some are just better than other, for example Seymour is excellent at jumping the snap so was Burgess and Sapp. Have to take the good with the bad.

imo dt's and nt's have no excuse for jumping offsides when the ball is right in front of their face.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star is my favourite player in the draft. The kid is going to be a beast and bring some much needed talent to our Dline interior. Either him, Jockel or Moore will make me happy.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Heart of Oak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Willis666 wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:

I saw that too.

He also seems to have a bit of a tendency to charge straight at the QB as the RB runs right past him on occasions (I was thinking a bit like Gerard Warren).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: