Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#Official Star Lotulelei Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
101Raider

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
I'd be happy if he ended up in the Silver and Black but I'd prefer for us to move back and take Sheldon Richardson.

I will have a good mock for you tomorrow. But I agree.

Richardson is by far one of my favorite prospects. However, ONLY if we're planning on running a dedicated 4-3.

Give me Hankins, Jenkins, Nix or Williams.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Napoleon wrote:
we need a stud NT!

get a stud NT all of sudden McClain looks like a star. get an edge rusher in 2014. I like Werner too, but Star has more star power.

I would like to see use go to a 3-4

Houston
Star
Bryant make a great 3-4 line

Star isn't a NT. Stick to posts, not threads and learn a bit. This isn't an insult.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:
If we want to for surely make the right pick and not have to worry about a bust it would have to be LT Luke Joeckel .. Im all for Star thow, then hopefully Clowney 2014

Wish people would quit saying this. Clowney is going #1 overall baring an injury.

You are essentially endorsing complete failure in 2014. If that's the case, then we have a huge GM issue and it's time to start all over..... again.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
If we want to for surely make the right pick and not have to worry about a bust it would have to be LT Luke Joeckel .. Im all for Star thow, then hopefully Clowney 2014

Wish people would quit saying this. Clowney is going #1 overall baring an injury.

You are essentially endorsing complete failure in 2014. If that's the case, then we have a huge GM issue and it's time to start all over..... again.

After 2-3 seasons? I don't agree with this. The only thing we will be in contention for the next few years IS the number one pick. I give it 4-6 years before we actually look like a playoff team. There are so many holes, and cap issues that our only friend is time.

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:

After 2-3 seasons? I don't agree with this. The only thing we will be in contention for the next few years IS the number one pick. I give it 4-6 years before we actually look like a playoff team. There are so many holes, and cap issues that our only friend is time.

I disagree. 4-6 years?! That is an eternity in the NFL. Year 2, with some ability to make moves in FA and the draft, I expect a healthy improvement. Maybe a top 10-15 pick, but not #1 overall bad.

You have a vet QB, you should win games with him. 1 piece on defense could yield some very positive results.

#1 overall means you face planted hard in year 2. I just can't see that happening. Even in the worst Oakland Raider years, they didn't contend for the #1 overall pick 2 years in a row.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said in the draft thread, I wouldn't mind us taking Star, but I'm always weary of inconsistent players who don't play with a motor. He should have dominated way more than he did. I don't see the Ngata comparison at all.

As much as you guys might not like it, I wouldn't be surprised to see Reggie trade down and take Manti Teo. Especially with McClain likely gone.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people basing any hopes and dreams off getting Clowney in 2014? There's no guarantee that we will be in position to get him. What we need to do is go with the BPA at a position of need when our pick comes. Ideally we would trade back a few spots, since the top-10 or so are pretty interchangeable in my book. Either way, the BPA out of OL, DE, DT would be best for our team. If a pass rusher is the BPA at our pick, we dont pass on him just because we are "hoping" to get Clowney next year.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:

yes i am actually kinda like the suck for luck campaign that went on im all in for suck for clowney haha nah this team has alot of missing pieces and palmer is as good as done and pryor is not going to lead us to the playoffs anytime soon with his legs. Our defense needs a new look and that would make us some what competitive going forward
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:

yes i am actually kinda like the suck for luck campaign that went on im all in for suck for clowney haha nah this team has alot of missing pieces and palmer is as good as done and pryor is not going to lead us to the playoffs anytime soon with his legs. Our defense needs a new look and that would make us some what competitive going forward
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RunDmc23 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
Napoleon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Napoleon wrote:
we need a stud NT!

get a stud NT all of sudden McClain looks like a star. get an edge rusher in 2014. I like Werner too, but Star has more star power.

I would like to see use go to a 3-4

Houston
Star
Bryant make a great 3-4 line

Star isn't a NT. Stick to posts, not threads and learn a bit. This isn't an insult.

he is a true NT. I don't know what you are talking about.
Djackson205

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star is not a true Nose. Watch any of his games and you can clearly see that he is a penetrator who likes to get into the backfield. Much like Ngata, who isn't a nose either (He actually plays end in their 3-4). I would not be surprised if Jonathon Hankins out of OSU surpassed Star on some draft boards. Hankins is a true DT who stands his ground despite constant double teams.
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
RunDmc23 wrote:

You always have something to say dont you S&B and R.Kelly coming out of the closet you couldnt find anything better than that?
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can I say? The South Park episode makes me laugh Laughing

And what the hell kind of fan (especially of the Raiders) would advocate tanking for one player? Even if I were Indy last year I would have wanted to win more games regardless of Luck/RG3.

Just. Win. Baby.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Among other things...
Napoleon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
What can I say? The South Park episode makes me laugh Laughing

And what the hell kind of fan (especially of the Raiders) would advocate tanking for one player? Even if I were Indy last year I would have wanted to win more games regardless of Luck/RG3.

Just. Win. Baby.

We should just roll next year with
Vick or Pryor and our young wideouts, and McFadden running wild. Just win baby. Pryor and Vick can make it work with their feet and arms. They wont be a lame duck like Palmer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: