Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cardinals place Kolb on IR; QB likely headed to free agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBIB

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
I got my figures from Rotoworld

The short answer is that any bonuses he's already been given are spread out over the course of the contract and so the Cardinals will still be "on the hook" for however much money is left from the bonuses paid. 10Million dollar bonus on a 5 year deal = 2 million per year paid by the team.

So it wouldn't cost the Cardinals anything really to cut him. They just have to keep taking the cap hit for the bonus. I don't think he's worth 9 million but I think they'll either ask him to take a paycut or take a hike. He's still the best QB on their roster but I think they'll do a complete overhaul.

He's undoubtedly the best QB on their roster and honestly Vick is probably the only guy in free agency worth taking over Kolb.

Because I mean his only competition in free agency is the likes of Jason Campbell and Matt Moore

That just would be so ironic of Vick taking Kolb's job again

But honestly wouldn't Vick make more sense than Kolb considering if the biggest knock on Vick is his inability to stay healthy, which is something that Kolb also struggles at as well

And Vick has a more proven track record of sustained success in this league compared to Kolb who has a career losing record
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come back to philly

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
The Cardinals were actually successful and winning games with Kolb starting. As soon as he goes out, they start losing. I'm not so sure it's a good idea to let him go unless they're sure they can bring in a good quarterback this offseason. If I were Arizona's GM, I wouldn't release Kolb until that happens.

Not entirely true. Kolb went out with an injury against Seattle in the 4th quarter and Skelton came in and won them that game. We were dominating Kolb. He didn't really do anything in the Patriots game either.
AlexM23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
come back to philly

This x 1000000.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
come back to philly

not so high on Foles anymore? Laughing

We the North
AZCardinalsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
DawgX wrote:
The Cardinals were actually successful and winning games with Kolb starting. As soon as he goes out, they start losing. I'm not so sure it's a good idea to let him go unless they're sure they can bring in a good quarterback this offseason. If I were Arizona's GM, I wouldn't release Kolb until that happens.

Not entirely true. Kolb went out with an injury against Seattle in the 4th quarter and Skelton came in and won them that game. We were dominating Kolb. He didn't really do anything in the Patriots game either.

You have this backward. Skelton sprained his ankle late in the 4th and Kolb came in a won the game.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
DawgX wrote:

You have this backward. Skelton sprained his ankle late in the 4th and Kolb came in a won the game.

Well that's awkward.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: