Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 around the NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

Bryce Brown's ball security is awful
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samgurl775 wrote:
Why did BJGE never make plays like that with us? Laughing

Earlier the coms actually said "And there's BenJarvus Green-Ellis breaking off another long run...like he has done all year"

I love BJGE....but the guy couldn't break a long run if you gave him ACME rocket-skates.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 58 Yards: 812 TDs: 9
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that stuff is a moot point because Antonio Brown is going to be hobbled the rest of the year, even after his time off for the ankle injury he suffered, Roethlisberger is a wreck physically, and Wallace hasn't been performing to a high level most of the year. If this was a healthy, coordinated Pittsburgh team, yeah, I could see the worry, but they're not.

Also, field goal and a touchdown for the Bengals please, so I can cash.
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
:lol: :lol:

Bryce Brown's ball security is awful

That which does not exist, cannot be described as awful.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChazStandard wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:

Earlier the coms actually said "And there's BenJarvus Green-Ellis breaking off another long run...like he has done all year"

I love BJGE....but the guy couldn't break a long run if you gave him ACME rocket-skates.

He's broken a few in the last few weeks
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
All that stuff is a moot point because Antonio Brown is going to be hobbled the rest of the year, even after his time off for the ankle injury he suffered, Roethlisberger is a wreck physically, and Wallace hasn't been performing to a high level most of the year. If this was a healthy, coordinated Pittsburgh team, yeah, I could see the worry, but they're not.

Seems like you're down on every team this year.
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
ChazStandard wrote:
samgurl775 wrote:

He's broken a few in the last few weeks

You're right, 8 plays of 20+ so far...including 2 over 40 (he didn't have single one of those for us). Weird.

I was following him more at the start of the year, he was barely scraping 3.5 ypc.

Adopt-a-Pat 2014: Robert Gronkowski TE
Rec: 58 Yards: 812 TDs: 9
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's the first time I've ever heard a ref use the word "disconcerting" in a penalty call
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green's short area quickness for a man of his size is unbelievable. Julio and Calvin are faster in straight sprints when they have 15 yards to get running, but Green has the quickness of a 5'9 receiver. Dungy's "Marvin Harrison at 6'4 with a better vertical" is a perfect comparison.

2000+ yards and ~20 TDs through 2 seasons in his situation is just astounding. He needs to GTFO after 2014 if they haven't improved their QB situation, because he could be a top 3 All Timer when he retires if he finds equal talent around him.

The AJ Green sweepstakes is going to be one to watch. He is close with Larry Fitzgerald, hopefully he tells him to go where the talent is. Green is a free agent 2 years from now, he will 27 and just entering his true prime. Any agent worth his salt will tell Green not to sign an extension in either of the two coming off seasons, rather he should wait and see what the team does.

He more than likely could get more money & more talent elsewhere.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Richter wrote:

Seems like you're down on every team this year.

Pretty much. The league feels very watered down this year. Good for gamblers, bad for aesthetics. The only teams that really scare me in a one game scenario are the Packers, the Giants and Seahawks, all NFC teams. The Pats play up to their potential, and they'll roll through the playoffs.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
tonyto3690 wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Richter wrote:
24isthelaw wrote:
Really rooting for Cincy right now. I'd much rather see them than Pittsburgh or Baltimore in the playoffs.

Don't know why anyone is afraid of Pittsburgh. They're not good.

Bad matchup. Stacked WR core. Good enough QB to give this defense nightmares. One of the league's best defenses, with a secondary that's playing fairly well. The one thing they really can't do is run the ball, and this team is better at stopping the run than the pass so it doesn't matter.

it doesn't matter if they have a decent (and overrated) group of receivers if Ben is on his back the entire game and they are one dimensional because as you said, they can't run the ball.

Brady would tear that defense up.

Between Wallace, Brown, Sanders, and Miller they have an excellent group of targets, which can challenge the deep part of the field, which is precisely what stretches out the middle and leaves Spikes stuck on guys like Heath Miller. Their strength as a unit is our weakness. As for overrated... name a 3rd receiver who is better than Emmanuel Sanders.

As for Big Ben not getting a chance to throw the ball, what pass rush is going to put him on his back. Our 4-man rush has been useless, especially with Jones out of synch or on the bench. A token coverage sack a game isn't going to keep him "on his back", much less stop him from throwing all over us.

Wallace is overrated
Brown is overrated
Sanders is overrated

That isn't to say they're garbage, but they are 100% overrated. People act like they are all quality #1s and Sanders is an elite #2. They're not. They're speedsters who can get down the field and that's about it. Catching deep bombs =/= being a great receiver, regardless what ESPN likes to promote.

There was talk of Wallace getting 15 per this past offseason. He's an 8 per guy at most. That's the definition of overrated. He is nowhere near Fitzgerald level.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.

Last edited by tonyto3690 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown is legit, but he's playing hurt. He's a guy I'd be very interested in the Pats pursuing if he hit the market.

Also, sorry Ninja.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Brown is legit, but he's playing hurt. He's a guy I'd be very interested in the Pats pursuing if he hit the market.

Also, sorry Ninja.

Just a pickem league. Had Cincy initially. Switched after your initial comment.
Richter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Richter wrote:

Also, sorry Ninja.

Just a pickem league. Had Cincy initially. Switched after your initial comment.

My bad. I ended up picking the score exactly on this game too, was just talking about it to the person who asked me right at kickoff. First game in a decade probably I've hit on the nose. Talked myself into the Eagles way too much before I came to my senses.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:

Wallace is overrated
Brown is overrated
Sanders is overrated

That isn't to say they're garbage, but they are 100% overrated. People act like they are all quality #1s and Sanders is an elite #2. They're not. They're speedsters who can get down the field and that's about it. Catching deep bombs =/= being a great receiver, regardless what ESPN likes to promote.

There was talk of Wallace getting 15 per this past offseason. He's an 8 per guy at most. That's the definition of overrated. He is nowhere near Fitzgerald level.

They aren't all Larry Fitzgerald so they're overrated?

Wallace is a legit #1 option. Brown is an elite #2 at worst. As for Sanders, what #3 wide receivers are better than he is? Lance Moore is if you consider him the #3 in New Orleans (but I don't). Hixon is more polished but not as useful going forward.

I'm not sure whose ratings you're going by if you don't like that.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Jump to: