Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 GDT Giants @ Falcons "Dirty Birds"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gmen4life


Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 257
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted on here in years, but had to after witnessing this so called game today.Horrible in all phases of the game. Our secondary seems completely ran thru. No k.p, no prince, plus the obvious lack of pass rush. Eli's picks weren't both his fault, but still played a horrid game. Maybe next week Kevin gilbride will try same the trick on offense that got us in when we could run worth a crap last year, spread em out, n live or die by Eli,that's how were gonna make it back to winning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 22072
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4life wrote:
I haven't posted on here in years, but had to after witnessing this so called game today.Horrible in all phases of the game. Our secondary seems completely ran thru. No k.p, no prince, plus the obvious lack of pass rush. Eli's picks weren't both his fault, but still played a horrid game. Maybe next week Kevin gilbride will try same the trick on offense that got us in when we could run worth a crap last year, spread em out, n live or die by Eli,that's how were gonna make it back to winning.


I can tell by your sig Laughing

you need to update that to Cruz and Nicks
_________________


We the North
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gmen4life


Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 257
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol yes, i will once they both decide to show up in a game at the same time these last couple weeks. I see nicks is slowly getting better, Eli clearly overthru a easy Td pass today where he clearly burned the coverage ...even though we lost, I still hold a glimmer of hope. Eli can get it done, not saying abandon the run, but put it on Eli to win these . Hes a android
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 22072
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4life wrote:
Lol yes, i will once they both decide to show up in a game at the same time these last couple weeks. I see nicks is slowly getting better, Eli clearly overthru a easy Td pass today where he clearly burned the coverage ...even though we lost, I still hold a glimmer of hope. Eli can get it done, not saying abandon the run, but put it on Eli to win these . Hes a android


Hopefully we can turn it around this week ...

Been saying that since our loss at cincy though Rolling Eyes
_________________


We the North
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Gmen4life


Joined: 18 Nov 2006
Posts: 257
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Gmen4life wrote:
Lol yes, i will once they both decide to show up in a game at the same time these last couple weeks. I see nicks is slowly getting better, Eli clearly overthru a easy Td pass today where he clearly burned the coverage ...even though we lost, I still hold a glimmer of hope. Eli can get it done, not saying abandon the run, but put it on Eli to win these . Hes a android


Hopefully we can turn it around this week ...

Been saying that since our loss at cincy though Rolling Eyes


The play calling is not where it should be. Offensively speaking. When you have nicks/Cruz/Nixon/Bennett/randle, and ill even through jerrigan in there, as receiving threats, I don't see why were trying to be a more run,play action pass team. Spread em out, n give Eli the ball. Were in almost a identical spot last year, we just need to right the ship.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stevesmith12


Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 278
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Giants win last 2 and they are in


We need Washington to lose a game...

Edit: and Dallas...

Edit2: Which probably won't happen. Washington plays Philly and Dallas to close out the season...they can win both of those.

If we get to 10 wins...one of Dallas or Washington has to get 7 losses because of week 17.

So that puts us at 2nd place if we win our final 2 games.

If we win our final 2 games, Chicago and Minny cant beat us because we have a better conference record than both of them.

I may be wrong but there is no way we can miss out on the playoffs ( division or wildcard ) if we win both of our final games.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 9046
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevesmith12 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Giants win last 2 and they are in


We need Washington to lose a game...

Edit: and Dallas...

Edit2: Which probably won't happen. Washington plays Philly and Dallas to close out the season...they can win both of those.

If we get to 10 wins...one of Dallas or Washington has to get 7 losses because of week 17.

So that puts us at 2nd place if we win our final 2 games.

If we win our final 2 games, Chicago and Minny cant beat us because we have a better conference record than both of them.

I may be wrong but there is no way we can miss out on the playoffs ( division or wildcard ) if we win both of our final games.

Giants make the playoffs if they win both their games

Giants win the Division if they go 2-0 and Redskins and Cowboys both loose one game

Thats the simplest forms right there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IR0NM1KE


Joined: 09 Mar 2007
Posts: 11808
Location: Alderney City
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an effort yesterday! Lots of heart and passion out on the field for NY. Embarassed
_________________
W O R L D C H A M P I O N S '86, '90, '07, '11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sorozco


Joined: 04 Feb 2005
Posts: 86
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also thought that if gmen won last 2 games they'd get the wild card because of better conference records than Chicago and Minnesota and because either Dallas or Washington will finish 9-7.

However, if you look at the official standings Giants are currently ranked behind Chicago, Minnesota and Dallas. If they have better conference records than Chicago and Minny shouldn't they be ranked ahead of them. Doesn't make sense to me.

I'd actually prefer the 6th seed if it gave us a game against Green Bay at Lambeau instead of a home game against Washington Seattle or Dallas. We match up better against Green Bay because their O-line cant contain our pass rush.
_________________
Keep bringing in the pass rushers and evrything else will take care of itself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 1092
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent posted here in years because I lost my password, and just happened to stumble upon it last week. Anyway yeah I don't understand why right now the bears and vikings are ahead of us. PLEASE PHILLY WIN THIS WEEK PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE Pray Pray New Orleans too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 1092
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw... Terrell Suggs barely played yesterday because of his tricep and Torrey Smith sustained a concussion. He is already in doubt for next week.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/bal/baltimore-ravens
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
56GiantPens66


Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Posts: 606
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
What an effort yesterday! Lots of heart and passion out on the field for NY. Embarassed



_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redsoxsuck05


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 8192
Location: LI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. One of those games where lack of execution snowballed into an embarrassment.

Fact is Eli has not been up to par. Those long passes that worked so well last year are always overthrown.

We arguably had more problems last year but Eli was the constant, so he really needs to step up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 13037
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Ouch. One of those games where lack of execution snowballed into an embarrassment.

Fact is Eli has not been up to par. Those long passes that worked so well last year are always overthrown.

We arguably had more problems last year but Eli was the constant, so he really needs to step up.


If Eli connects on nicks on that bomb, we have a different ball game but thats been the theme in second half of the season.
_________________


"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GmenSeattle


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 10195
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Havent posted here in years because I lost my password, and just happened to stumble upon it last week. Anyway yeah I don't understand why right now the bears and vikings are ahead of us. PLEASE PHILLY WIN THIS WEEK PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE Pray Pray New Orleans too


They hold the tiebreaker over Dallas and Dallas holds the tiebreaker over us.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group