Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 GDT Giants @ Falcons "Dirty Birds"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gmen4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't posted on here in years, but had to after witnessing this so called game today.Horrible in all phases of the game. Our secondary seems completely ran thru. No k.p, no prince, plus the obvious lack of pass rush. Eli's picks weren't both his fault, but still played a horrid game. Maybe next week Kevin gilbride will try same the trick on offense that got us in when we could run worth a crap last year, spread em out, n live or die by Eli,that's how were gonna make it back to winning.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4life wrote:
I haven't posted on here in years, but had to after witnessing this so called game today.Horrible in all phases of the game. Our secondary seems completely ran thru. No k.p, no prince, plus the obvious lack of pass rush. Eli's picks weren't both his fault, but still played a horrid game. Maybe next week Kevin gilbride will try same the trick on offense that got us in when we could run worth a crap last year, spread em out, n live or die by Eli,that's how were gonna make it back to winning.

I can tell by your sig Laughing

you need to update that to Cruz and Nicks

We the North
Gmen4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol yes, i will once they both decide to show up in a game at the same time these last couple weeks. I see nicks is slowly getting better, Eli clearly overthru a easy Td pass today where he clearly burned the coverage ...even though we lost, I still hold a glimmer of hope. Eli can get it done, not saying abandon the run, but put it on Eli to win these . Hes a android
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4life wrote:
Lol yes, i will once they both decide to show up in a game at the same time these last couple weeks. I see nicks is slowly getting better, Eli clearly overthru a easy Td pass today where he clearly burned the coverage ...even though we lost, I still hold a glimmer of hope. Eli can get it done, not saying abandon the run, but put it on Eli to win these . Hes a android

Hopefully we can turn it around this week ...

Been saying that since our loss at cincy though Rolling Eyes

We the North
Gmen4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Gmen4life wrote:

Hopefully we can turn it around this week ...

Been saying that since our loss at cincy though Rolling Eyes

The play calling is not where it should be. Offensively speaking. When you have nicks/Cruz/Nixon/Bennett/randle, and ill even through jerrigan in there, as receiving threats, I don't see why were trying to be a more run,play action pass team. Spread em out, n give Eli the ball. Were in almost a identical spot last year, we just need to right the ship.
stevesmith12

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Giants win last 2 and they are in

We need Washington to lose a game...

Edit: and Dallas...

Edit2: Which probably won't happen. Washington plays Philly and Dallas to close out the season...they can win both of those.

If we get to 10 wins...one of Dallas or Washington has to get 7 losses because of week 17.

So that puts us at 2nd place if we win our final 2 games.

If we win our final 2 games, Chicago and Minny cant beat us because we have a better conference record than both of them.

I may be wrong but there is no way we can miss out on the playoffs ( division or wildcard ) if we win both of our final games.
Acgott

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevesmith12 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Giants win last 2 and they are in

We need Washington to lose a game...

Edit: and Dallas...

Edit2: Which probably won't happen. Washington plays Philly and Dallas to close out the season...they can win both of those.

If we get to 10 wins...one of Dallas or Washington has to get 7 losses because of week 17.

So that puts us at 2nd place if we win our final 2 games.

If we win our final 2 games, Chicago and Minny cant beat us because we have a better conference record than both of them.

I may be wrong but there is no way we can miss out on the playoffs ( division or wildcard ) if we win both of our final games.

Giants make the playoffs if they win both their games

Giants win the Division if they go 2-0 and Redskins and Cowboys both loose one game

Thats the simplest forms right there
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an effort yesterday! Lots of heart and passion out on the field for NY. Embarassed
sorozco

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i also thought that if gmen won last 2 games they'd get the wild card because of better conference records than Chicago and Minnesota and because either Dallas or Washington will finish 9-7.

However, if you look at the official standings Giants are currently ranked behind Chicago, Minnesota and Dallas. If they have better conference records than Chicago and Minny shouldn't they be ranked ahead of them. Doesn't make sense to me.

I'd actually prefer the 6th seed if it gave us a game against Green Bay at Lambeau instead of a home game against Washington Seattle or Dallas. We match up better against Green Bay because their O-line cant contain our pass rush.
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent posted here in years because I lost my password, and just happened to stumble upon it last week. Anyway yeah I don't understand why right now the bears and vikings are ahead of us. PLEASE PHILLY WIN THIS WEEK PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE Pray Pray New Orleans too
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw... Terrell Suggs barely played yesterday because of his tricep and Torrey Smith sustained a concussion. He is already in doubt for next week.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/bal/baltimore-ravens
56GiantPens66

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:
What an effort yesterday! Lots of heart and passion out on the field for NY. Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch. One of those games where lack of execution snowballed into an embarrassment.

Fact is Eli has not been up to par. Those long passes that worked so well last year are always overthrown.

We arguably had more problems last year but Eli was the constant, so he really needs to step up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Ouch. One of those games where lack of execution snowballed into an embarrassment.

Fact is Eli has not been up to par. Those long passes that worked so well last year are always overthrown.

We arguably had more problems last year but Eli was the constant, so he really needs to step up.

If Eli connects on nicks on that bomb, we have a different ball game but thats been the theme in second half of the season.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
Havent posted here in years because I lost my password, and just happened to stumble upon it last week. Anyway yeah I don't understand why right now the bears and vikings are ahead of us. PLEASE PHILLY WIN THIS WEEK PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEE Pray Pray New Orleans too

They hold the tiebreaker over Dallas and Dallas holds the tiebreaker over us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: