Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do we look to New England, Boise State, or...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever side you are on we can agree that the Bears are not that close to a Superbowl right?

They have only one side of the ball that works and one of the worst offences in the league.

I just want to watch a Superbowl win in my lifetime (I was 1.5 when they won the only time) and I just done see Lovie leading us there.

And I would rather have guys arrested every week if we win Superbowls.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie is excellent at keeping the train on the tracks, but it is too bad that the train does not pull into the playoff station more than 33% of the time.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Lovie is excellent at keeping the train on the tracks, but it is too bad that the train does not pull into the playoff station more than 33% of the time.
A train that is stopped dead stays on the tracks.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

You spoon fed me info…Laughing someone has a mighty high opinion of themselves considering what they have to back up their “inside info”…anyone who has any idea about how the media actually works will tell you that video is a crock...but I guess you can't see that.

Like I was saying you didnt read a lick.

Sure I didn't...as I told you before anything written by any sports writer is written in speculation...do yu honestly believe that Emery has already made up his mind before the season has even ended?

I think Phil Emery absolutely has a good idea of whats going to happen. Please tell what what the writers have been saying and how you absolutely know thats speculation.

Having an idea of what you are going to do and having already made up your mind are very different things...now Emery will have an idea...he will have formulated eventualities for every scenario…but that isn’t the same as already having come to a decision and I don’t think he will do that until at least the end of the season.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

You spoon fed me info…Laughing someone has a mighty high opinion of themselves considering what they have to back up their “inside info”…anyone who has any idea about how the media actually works will tell you that video is a crock...but I guess you can't see that.

Sure I didn't...as I told you before anything written by any sports writer is written in speculation...do yu honestly believe that Emery has already made up his mind before the season has even ended?

I think Phil Emery absolutely has a good idea of whats going to happen. Please tell what what the writers have been saying and how you absolutely know thats speculation.

Having an idea of what you are going to do and having already made up your mind are very different things...now Emery will have an idea...he will have formulated eventualities for every scenario…but that isn’t the same as already having come to a decision and I don’t think he will do that until at least the end of the season.

I think after the next game he will

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I can see that being the case if we lose and are effectively eliminated from the playoffs. For all we know he might already have his mind made up. One thing that seems sure to me though is that he isn't sharing his position with anyone. All we have are reports from "unnamed sources" and speculation. We were all relatively sure Lovie was out after 2009 too (albeit under a different regime) and we were wrong. I don't think we know enough about Emery yet to be able to reasonably speculate as to what he would do beyond just guessing.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well lets be honest no one is going to name their sources AZ. I havent seen anyone do that no matter what the story is about. I think Emery and Rick Hahn are similar types of GMs. They dont say much until it actually happens. The problem with waiting until the last game to decide is it will be pretty late in the process. Alot of teams probably already know what they are doing with their coaching staffs.

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
Well lets be honest no one is going to name their sources AZ. I havent seen anyone do that no matter what the story is about. I think Emery and Rick Hahn are similar types of GMs. They dont say much until it actually happens. The problem with waiting until the last game to decide is it will be pretty late in the process. Alot of teams probably already know what they are doing with their coaching staffs.

Agreed regarding not giving up sources, but the ambiguity of it makes me question whether such a "source" exists or if the story is completely fabricated to fill column inches. I also think Emery probably knows what he is going to do and he has his plan in place. I just don't think he's telling anyone, which is different from the leaky dam at HH under Angelo.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Agreed regarding not giving up sources, but the ambiguity of it makes me question whether such a "source" exists or if the story is completely fabricated to fill column inches. I also think Emery probably knows what he is going to do and he has his plan in place. I just don't think he's telling anyone, which is different from the leaky dam at HH under Angelo.

Thats a fair concern but with some of these guys I have a little more faith in. Its seemed like last time we had this talk(2009) it was coming from fringe sources like Hub Arkish. With the Bill Cowher talk ect.

WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something we can agree upon finally Hub is a clown.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Something we can agree upon finally Hub is a clown.

That goes without saying Laughing
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I can see that being the case if we lose and are effectively eliminated from the playoffs. For all we know he might already have his mind made up. One thing that seems sure to me though is that he isn't sharing his position with anyone. All we have are reports from "unnamed sources" and speculation. We were all relatively sure Lovie was out after 2009 too (albeit under a different regime) and we were wrong. I don't think we know enough about Emery yet to be able to reasonably speculate as to what he would do beyond just guessing.
2009 was nothing compared to this firestorm and Smith's departure was only hoped for there was no serious belief he would be gone. This year is far more serious for him mainly because of his inability to beat GB. Angelo was loyal to him Emery has no reason to keep backing a mediocre record - none.

A loss to the Cardinals or Lions will only increase the howls. And one of those is very likely.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

You will never find anyone who is less respectful toward the media than I and I don't think there is any doubt that Emery has a list of people he will contact as soon as our fate is determined.

I have no doubt that Smith is gone unless we make it to the Championship game and, if we are beaten there by GB, it might not save him.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have faith in Emery to do the right thing as he has shown to be shrewd and thoughtful.

I had no faith in 2009 that Jerry would pull the plug on Lovie they were tied to tightly together.

The real question we have overlooked in all of this is does Emery want to tie himself to Lovie?

My guess is that he probably doesn't and would be eager to get his guy in sooner rather than later. They say as a GM you only get 2 hires of head coaches and if Emery keeps waiting he might only get 1.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Emery comment was not a shot at Lovie.

But think about yourself if you took over a billion dollar company in your field you would probably want your guy as your right hand man.

I would want my friend Ben, who I trust and respect more than anyone, and it would not matter if the guy I was replacing him with is smart and successful I want my guy with me.

I think it is human nature.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: