Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Joe Flacco Poll!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will happen now?
Joe Flacco will be the 1st coming of Joe Montana Unitas Rodgers-Brady
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
Joe Flacco will be ousted as the fraud he truly is
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
No change. He's middle of the pack top 10/15 QB
44%
 44%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 29

StRawz11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:
ravens5520 wrote:
Flacco is a good QB when it comes to physicality.. But mentally I don't see him as an elite QB.. His ability to read a defense pre-snap and pocket presence will crush his career. Not sure if its too late or not to make adjustments, but this is a fresh start for Joe Flacco. It's still the same offensive package but now it's different plays being called. Hopefully Caldwell puts on his aggressive pants and this offense gets back to up tempo. We've been too scared/safe the past few weeks.

These last 3 games and playoffs will be an audition for Flacco and his possible new contract.

His aggressive pants lol. I damn near fell out my seat lmao. But yeah though its time to man up we been threw a bunch of stuff this season from Art Modell.to Cam Cameron we a be a great story if we did get it done

Don't forget Torrey Smith's bro, Suggs Achilles, Ngata injuries, Ray/Webb going down, the diddle-diddle comeback, Suggs bicep, and now Yanda going down. The adversity and struggle has been through the roof.

Now McClain is out as well.

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
bmorecareful wrote:
ravens5520 wrote:
Flacco is a good QB when it comes to physicality.. But mentally I don't see him as an elite QB.. His ability to read a defense pre-snap and pocket presence will crush his career. Not sure if its too late or not to make adjustments, but this is a fresh start for Joe Flacco. It's still the same offensive package but now it's different plays being called. Hopefully Caldwell puts on his aggressive pants and this offense gets back to up tempo. We've been too scared/safe the past few weeks.

These last 3 games and playoffs will be an audition for Flacco and his possible new contract.

His aggressive pants lol. I damn near fell out my seat lmao. But yeah though its time to man up we been threw a bunch of stuff this season from Art Modell.to Cam Cameron we a be a great story if we did get it done

Don't forget Torrey Smith's bro, Suggs Achilles, Ngata injuries, Ray/Webb going down, the diddle-diddle comeback, Suggs bicep, and now Yanda going down. The adversity and struggle has been through the roof.

Now McClain is out as well.

Yeah... I was only limiting this to what I consider "key" losses/stories. Laughing

I put McClain on the level of Jimmy Smith tbh... and that's only because him going down kills our depth... but at the same time, him going down opens up the possibility of us having Lewis/Ellerbe as our starting pair of ILBs for a week, so that when McClain returns the excuse for him not starting can be... "Lewis/Ellerbe played well". And Ellerbe has been our best ILB this season overall. And Lewis is clearly a better field general and player in comparison to McClain. McClain going down allows us to put our best players out on the field- whether it gells remains to be seen.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're classing 'elite' as being Brady, Manning, Rodgers levels, then no, Flacco won't ever be elite. Not many QBs are. Those guys are going to go down as some of the best QBs in the history of the league.

But if you're expanding 'elite' to the level of Roethlisburger and Ryan, then I definitely think Flacco can be as good as those guys. He can be the fifth or sixth best QB in the NFL, if he can just find a level of consistency.

We've seen that he has the tools to be that good, and that he can make any throw he needs to make. He just hasn't done it for three, four, five games in a row. That's a combination of what looks like a lack of focus, fragility in the O-line and difficulty in reading defenses and anticipating certain things that defenders are going to do.

Some of that can be fixed, through coaching and building the team and the offense to best suit Flacco's strengths. Giving him a quick/intermediate passing game out of the shotgun and play action passing set up with good run plays.

Some of it perhaps can't be fixed, and he may never be that good at avoiding sacks (although he's shown a fair amount of elusiveness at times). But if he's getting the ball out quickly, and his O-line is protecting him effectively, that shouldn't matter too much for the most part. At the moment, he still seems to freeze quite often when rushers get past their blockers, and that's definitely something that can be fixed with coaching, because it's purely a mental issue.

He will get a new contract, or at the very least be franchise tagged. I don't see how that can be in doubt, because there's no one on the free agent market who could come in and do anywhere near as good a job, and there are not enough good QB prospects in the draft for a potential rookie starter to make it to the bottom of the first round. Plus, the Ravens have other draft needs.

Then we'll have to see how he does next year, with a new OC (whether that's Caldwell or someone else), and we'll have to hope that it was indeed Cam that was holding him back, and preventing him from becoming the player he's capable of being.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling the Ravens have been losing because the gameday thread has not been up till actual gameday lately....but I could be out of line here

drd23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
I have a feeling the Ravens have been losing because the gameday thread has not been up till actual gameday lately....but I could be out of line here

The last Steelers GDT was up on Friday and we lost that game. The game before (@Chargers) was up the morning of the game and we won. Unfortunately* your theory doesn't hold water Wink

*Unfortunately because I wish it was that easy Laughing

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think it's because our GDT's have been lacking comedy and stories for the past few weeks.

But I definitely agree that our GDT's are some of the reason we've been losing Laughing Laughing Laughing
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:

The last Steelers GDT was up on Friday and we lost that game. The game before (@Chargers) was up the morning of the game and we won. Unfortunately* your theory doesn't hold water Wink

Either way, get the GDT thread up Mr. Mod.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:

You don't know me, you dont't know what I've been through!

But either way, the GDT used to go up earlier in the week. And I think we can all agree that's the way to do it

drd23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Personally, I think it's because our GDT's have been lacking comedy and stories for the past few weeks.

Blame RTID, he's the one that provides the gold

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I only do them when nobody else does because mine are boring

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

You think yours are boring? Pray that I never have to be the one to put it up. Laughing
ravens5520

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what sucks about the whole madden curse??

Ray Lewis is in the opening dialogue and to me that's close enough to a curse from madden with all these injuries.

Next we start seeing all the Ray Lewis commercials.
--- madden commercials
--- Player safety commercials: now the whole team is injured.

Lol it was just an odd coincident to me
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:

I don't need an exciting first post, I just need somewhere to talk about the game, ya feel?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens5520 wrote:

Ray Lewis is in the opening dialogue and to me that's close enough to a curse from madden with all these injuries.

--- madden commercials

Bottom line: If Ray hasn't learned by now to stay away from Madden, he never will Sad
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
ravens5520 wrote:

--- madden commercials

Bottom line: If Ray hasn't learned by now to stay away from Madden, he never will Sad

Well, I think he's gone after this season anyway... I think his thought process was that as long as he wasn't on the cover, why not benefit from a few extra dollars before hitting retirement?

But uh... yeah... no one knew just how destructive the curse could be. Shocked Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Yeah after that Steelers GDT was soo good... it was hard to follow up.

That said, I'll get one up before the morning.
EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw the GDT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: