Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's possible that Glennon is in play for the Cards, if they trade back in to the 1st from their 2nd rounder. I watched some more of the Senior Bowl game when Dysert came in for the 2nd time and I was impressed by 3 great throws; i see he has the potential. I'm confident that BA and Moore will make a good decision on the QB situation and develop whoever they possibly draft

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year possibly...

Bridgewater
Fales
Carr
Manziel
Murray
Boyd
Smith

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Next year possibly...

Bridgewater
Fales
Carr
Manziel
Murray
Boyd
Smith

Key word being possible.

And I'm not afraid to say it, Johnny Manziel is terrible.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/loyal-friend-mentor-patrick-peterson-230406401.html

good video of PP coaching up Mathieu. Maybe we can get him in maybe the 5th

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Next year possibly...

Bridgewater
Fales
Carr
Manziel
Murray
Boyd
Smith

Key word being possible.

Last year we were looking at:

Matt Barkley--- NOT going #1 or even top 5 like was predicted
Landry Jones--- possible day late day 2, early day 3 pick
Tyler Wilson--- probably first round pick
Tyler Bray--- Day 3 pick
Logan Thomas--- returned for senior year but awful

Those guys were supposed to be sure fire first round picks. Guys like Geno Smith and Ryan Nassib did work their way up boards though. As for the 2014 list here are reasons they may drop:

Bridgewater--- haven't seen enough
Fales--- Lack of elite arm strength
Carr--- haven't seen enough
Manziel--- has a whole basket of red flags. Too small, footwork issues, arm strength, system QB? will he continue to develop as a QB?
Murray--- Too short and light. Doesn't have star potential IMO ala Dalton
Boyd--- streaky QB, short
Smith--- haven't seen enough of but he plays for Wyoming so he lacks experience against big time competition plus I bet rarely anybody has watched him and knows what his flaws are.

A lot of these guys aren't playing for big programs (Smith, Fales, Carr) so it's possible they've been hyped simply due to putting up big time stats against average to below average competition.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to that, a number of these guys are underclassmen. Teddy Bridgewater will be a true junior next season, what if he doesn't declare? This entire class will turn to junk if he goes back to school.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
To add to that, a number of these guys are underclassmen. Teddy Bridgewater will be a true junior next season, what if he doesn't declare? This entire class will turn to junk if he goes back to school.

next years class might even be worse than this year

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

next years class might even be worse than this year

If Bridgewater regresses or doesn't declare, there's a real possibility that it is. It's happened dozen and dozens of times, fans tout how amazing "next year" will be and then next year comes and all of a sudden it's not so special anymore. Happens all the time.

I remember distinctly a thread started in this forum 2 years ago calling for the Arizona Cardinals to tank the 2011 season after we sat at 3-6 or 3-7 or whatever it was so that we could obtain the #1 overall pick and select Andrew Luck. A lot of posters on the site at that time backed that opinion. Then January came around and Luck, then a redshirt sophomore, didn't declare. Just a little cautionary tale for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plucky wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Another article from PFF dated after week 13 stated that Andrew Luck, 3/4 of the way through the season, had attempted 125 passes that were 15 yards or more in the air, which was ALSO the highest in the National Football League.

Pretty black and white on this one.

Well I looked at espn and thats what it gave me. Its only 13% of his passes which only equates to roughly 4 passes a game out of 30 that are over 20 yards. That number is not unrealistic for any qb to do. And stats might be stats but I wonder how many of those pass attempts happened when they were down in the 3rd of 4th quarter

1. I have an ESPN article that directly references his throwing 125 passes over 15 yards or more after week 13. It's from an ESPN blog writer and as stated, it's backed up by MULTIPLE articles from ProFootball Focus. Whatever statistic you're using is obviously not correct.
2. The correct number comes out to just lower than 30% of Andrew Luck's throws going 15 yards or in the air. Nevermind the fact that it's tops in the NFL for the category, that's twice as many as Aaron Rodgers and Dree Brees and 3 times as many as Eli Manning and Big Ben.
3. As far as being down in the 3rd or 4th well, the Colts won 10-11 games and even though some of them came late in the contest they obviously had more opportunities to run the football or play shorter pass game down and distance than nearly 3/4 of the league and they didn't. Kind of defeats that theory.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know many of you disagree with this, but I'm taking EJ Manuel in the second because I like the upside there. I don't really buy the notion of over drafting a QB past the first round if you really love the kid and there is a fear that he may be gone by the time you pick again.

His size and arm strength makes him extremely attractive, as does his leadership abilities and mobility in the pocket.

Of course he has flaws and red flags, but so do many if not most of the QBs in this class.

I'm just a Manuel fan, plain and simple. I believe we can win with the combination of Manuel, Arians and Moore. Let him sit for a season behind Kolb if you wish, and hope he's ready to go come 2014.

Regardless, you improve the offensive line and give him a solid running back, and he can hurt other teams vertically with the weapons we have on offense.

I truly believe that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer him in round 3 obviously but I wouldn't hate taking a guy like Manuel in round 2. The physical tools are there and if Arians and Moore do what they say they can do, he could be the franchise guy we've been looking for.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I'd prefer him in round 3 obviously but I wouldn't hate taking a guy like Manuel in round 2. The physical tools are there and if Arians and Moore do what they say they can do, he could be the franchise guy we've been looking for.

I think if they are going to draft a QB, they would want someone to start right away. Can Manuel do that? I did read that he was a fast learner and very open to coaching during the senior bowl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Next year possibly...

Bridgewater
Fales
Carr
Manziel
Murray
Boyd
Smith

Key word being possible.

Dissing Johnny Football? C'mon Champ that's borderline anti-American. Laughing

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Next year possibly...

Bridgewater
Fales
Carr
Manziel
Murray
Boyd
Smith

Key word being possible.

Dissing Johnny Football? C'mon Champ that's borderline anti-American. Laughing

LOL, it's less than popular no doubt. I don't know, besides the plays he makes with his feet, I think he's legitimately bad.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest issue I have with EJ is that he needs significat work to be done on his game. He needs probably two years on the bench to completely rework his mechanics and his footwork.

Are we going to be able to sit here and watch Kolb/Skelton/Lindley/Enter scrub backup QB here. Taking snaps with the first team while we have the 38th overall pick on the bench?

And if that pressure comes down from the top to play the kid, how badly are we ruining his development by putting him into a game situation as an incomplete product. How badly are we hurting ourselves by putting a guy in there that is clearly not ready for the NFL.

If I was a Head Coach and I was told by management, look we know this kid needs work, so give him time, we don't expect him to see a snap this year. Then I might be more inclined to go with EJ. But in the current Win Now climate of the NFL, the Keim statement that this is a ReTool no a ReBuild and our Quarterback situation. Any QB we take early is going to be starting games by midseason.

If we put EJ Manuel in a spot where he has to start NFL games against the likes of Seattle and San Francisco by midseason of his rookie year where does that put him?

I like EJ and ultimately I think he will be drafted in that 30-45 range becasue a team is going to see that raw ability there and hope to mold it, but you are going to have to have the right circumstances to be able to do that. And we don't.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 58 of 100

Jump to: