Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
How do Nassib and Dysert not fit? Physically, they're fits.


Neither can stretch the field very well.


Both have live, talented arms. Vertical game isn't an issue with either guy IMO.


Andrew Luck was the same and he didn't fit that offense very well either. Arians needs a guy with very good arm strength not just above average which is where I put Nassib and Dysert. It's already been mentioned Nassib's deep ball is poor. Therefore you're drafting him and assuming that part of his game develops which is hard to do. Dysert I haven't watched as much but from what I've seen, he wasn't asked to execute a lot of deep throws. Could be wrong there though.


Nassib's got a real big arm, it's the accuracy and release that make it struggle. While you're absolutely right that accuracy down the field is extremely difficult to teach, if possible at all, there's a better chance of that developing that of a guy like say Barkley developing a stronger arm. Causde that's not happening.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRobot


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 789
Location: Mesa, AZ
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports out of the Senior Bowl, Arizona had long talk with Kenyon Barner from Oregon.

I could see him picked in 3rd-4th round, maybe 5th if he's still there and we lose LaRod to free agency.

Have to wonder if Beanie is still gone after hearing BA talk about Ryan Williams multiple times.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Reports out of the Senior Bowl, Arizona had long talk with Kenyon Barner from Oregon.

I could see him picked in 3rd-4th round, maybe 5th if he's still there and we lose LaRod to free agency.

Have to wonder if Beanie is still gone after hearing BA talk about Ryan Williams multiple times.


I expect only Williams and Powell to return and then possibly adding a back in the mid rounds and perhaps one with one of our 6th.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50727
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/1/13/3871666/minnesota-vikings-2013-nfl-draft-selections

Quote:
So, it appears that the trade that the Vikings made with the Arizona Cardinals involved the Cards sending A.J. Jefferson and Arizona's seventh-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft to Minnesota in exchange for both of the Vikings' sixth-round selections.

_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
iRobot


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 789
Location: Mesa, AZ
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/1/13/3871666/minnesota-vikings-2013-nfl-draft-selections

Quote:
So, it appears that the trade that the Vikings made with the Arizona Cardinals involved the Cards sending A.J. Jefferson and Arizona's seventh-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft to Minnesota in exchange for both of the Vikings' sixth-round selections.


So it sounds like we get 3 sixth round picks (ours + 2 vikings) and no 7th rounders.. not bad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
khodder wrote:
http://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/1/13/3871666/minnesota-vikings-2013-nfl-draft-selections

Quote:
So, it appears that the trade that the Vikings made with the Arizona Cardinals involved the Cards sending A.J. Jefferson and Arizona's seventh-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft to Minnesota in exchange for both of the Vikings' sixth-round selections.


So it sounds like we get 3 sixth round picks (ours + 2 vikings) and no 7th rounders.. not bad


And we should get a comp 7th.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnnyV


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 2205
Location: Chicago, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nine total picks, assuming we get a comp 7th, gives us a lot of ammo to be active in those middle rounds if we so chose.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, 3 6th round picks and what is expetced to be 1 compensatory selection in round 7. Compensatory picks cannot be traded but the 3 6th round picks could be valuable in some type of trade up. I'm looking up trades involving multiple 6th round picks right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami traded up 28 spots in the 4th round last year by giving the 49ers their 4th round pick and 2 6th round picks. 1 of the 6th round picks was for 2013 but it still applies.

That could be an option, IMO. Trade back up into round 3 or 4 with the use of our 4th or 5th round picks plus 2 6ths.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone agrees but I really like the idea of packaging our 4th round pick and 2 of those 6th round picks to get back up into the early part of round 3. I think we could do some serious damage with what would be 4 picks in the top 70-80 range.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRobot


Joined: 17 Nov 2011
Posts: 789
Location: Mesa, AZ
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think rounds 1-3 are some of the best to get into in this draft from what I'm seeing out there.

We could get a QB in 1st or 2nd.. OL in 1st or 2nd.. and add more OL depth or get some good defensive players in rounds 2-3..

Would be an interesting, and arguably good move to get back into the 3rd depending who is still there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big arguments that I've been hearing over and over against taking a quarterback 7th overall are:

1. There's no quarterback worthy of the 7th overall pick
2. Taking a quarterback at 7 makes it harder for us to address the offensive line, putting the 7th overall quarterback at a greater risk of failure

Now, #1 almost can't be argued. Depends on your view of Geno Smith and how he fits in Arians system I guess but #1 is hard to argue regardless. HOWEVER, if we can use these gained picks to acquire another 3rd round pick in the top 5-10 spots of that round, I think #2 goes away to a large extent. 2nd round pick at 38 and 2 3rd round picks in the top 5-10 of the round? We can certainly address the offensive line under that scenario.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50727
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
I don't know if anyone agrees but I really like the idea of packaging our 4th round pick and 2 of those 6th round picks to get back up into the early part of round 3. I think we could do some serious damage with what would be 4 picks in the top 70-80 range.


This year is a very strong and deep draft. Picks in the top 100 are going to be so very valuable.

At least that is the consensu I find coming from most drafniks. Basically it is not the greatest draft to need a Quarterback, but you can build a very strong team in other areas in this draft.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
I don't know if anyone agrees but I really like the idea of packaging our 4th round pick and 2 of those 6th round picks to get back up into the early part of round 3. I think we could do some serious damage with what would be 4 picks in the top 70-80 range.


This year is a very strong and deep draft. Picks in the top 100 are going to be so very valuable.

At least that is the consensu I find coming from most drafniks. Basically it is not the greatest draft to need a Quarterback, but you can build a very strong team in other areas in this draft.


While true, you're always going to see trades happen in these middle rounds. There's an average of 5-6 of them every year and that doesn't include 1st round trades that involved middle picks, I'm talking just the kind of trades that I'm suggesting.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50727
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
I don't know if anyone agrees but I really like the idea of packaging our 4th round pick and 2 of those 6th round picks to get back up into the early part of round 3. I think we could do some serious damage with what would be 4 picks in the top 70-80 range.


This year is a very strong and deep draft. Picks in the top 100 are going to be so very valuable.

At least that is the consensu I find coming from most drafniks. Basically it is not the greatest draft to need a Quarterback, but you can build a very strong team in other areas in this draft.


While true, you're always going to see trades happen in these middle rounds. There's an average of 5-6 of them every year and that doesn't include 1st round trades that involved middle picks, I'm talking just the kind of trades that I'm suggesting.


I was trying to say anything we can do to get up into the top 100 without giving up a top 100 pick is good.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 53 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group