Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chg91 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
I'd love to say yes to Geno at 7 but I just don't see the fit. If Luck can't make it there, Geno can't.

Glennon might be an option he would fit well with Arians

Wilson fits as well, and is a better prospect (though that's not saying much, I guess).

Absolutely. The question there of course is the concussion history, which comes into even greater question when you note the pounding he's inevitably going to take in this system.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
We aren't taking Glennon at #7. Maybe we trade back and select him but #7 is too high... This is a super important draft just like Whiz' first one. Things would be way different had we not botched the 5th pick.

Common sense would say you're right but there's maybe 2-3 other guys who really fit in this offense and they're all lesser prospects. This offense cannot move without a QB, running the ball is not a staple of the offense enough to counteract a poor pass game. If we can't get moved back and there are indications that Glennon will be gone at 38, we're gonna have a hard decision to make. Giving Arians a QB that doesn't have a big arm, big body and ability to drive the football down the field will essentially guarantee his demise and in turn Keim's as well. It's very much a "no choice" situation.

Eh I guess. I'd rather trade the house for Geno tbh, or just take Wilson if we're taking a QB that early.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Chg91

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Absolutely. The question there of course is the concussion history, which comes into even greater question when you note the pounding he's inevitably going to take in this system.

And the fact that a certain other injury prone QB just cost our previous FO their jobs, essentially.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
We aren't taking Glennon at #7. Maybe we trade back and select him but #7 is too high... This is a super important draft just like Whiz' first one. Things would be way different had we not botched the 5th pick.

Common sense would say you're right but there's maybe 2-3 other guys who really fit in this offense and they're all lesser prospects. This offense cannot move without a QB, running the ball is not a staple of the offense enough to counteract a poor pass game. If we can't get moved back and there are indications that Glennon will be gone at 38, we're gonna have a hard decision to make. Giving Arians a QB that doesn't have a big arm, big body and ability to drive the football down the field will essentially guarantee his demise and in turn Keim's as well. It's very much a "no choice" situation.

I think Glennon will climb boards (just like Flacco) during the process and the Bills could be in play for him at #8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I think Glennon will climb boards (just like Flacco) during the process and the Bills could be in play for him at #8

Great googily moogily! I pray you are wrong!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Eh I guess. I'd rather trade the house for Geno tbh, or just take Wilson if we're taking a QB that early.

Bolded: Might as well fire Bruce Arians and Steve Keim now. Give him a kid that doesn't fit his system? We'll win 4-5 games a year and that's the end of those 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

DD,
What is the bottom-line most you would trade if you were the Arizona GM to get the #1 pick and select Geno Smith?

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't give anything for Geno Smith. Nothing. Maybe you consider him at 7, that's it.

He doesn't fit what Bruce Arians wants to do offensively in the passing game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
We can't give anything for Geno Smith. Nothing. Maybe you consider him at 7, that's it.

Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't Geno throw a very accurate deep ball?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Not really. He;s not wildly inaccurate but it's not his game, nor was it a part of WVU's offense. From Rob Rang:

"He takes virtually every snap from shotgun, is inconsistent with his set-up and delivery, often throwing off his back foot and has only average accuracy, at this time, on deeper throws -- especially those that require touch."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664302

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Not really. He;s not wildly inaccurate but it's not his game, nor was it a part of WVU's offense. From Rob Rang:

"He takes virtually every snap from shotgun, is inconsistent with his set-up and delivery, often throwing off his back foot and has only average accuracy, at this time, on deeper throws -- especially those that require touch."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664302

That's an interesting description. When I was watching tape, it seemed he had great accuracy for the deep ball.

In fact, nepatriotsdraft.com scouts agree..

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/12/geno-smith-scouting-report.html

Arm Talent:
+Phenomenal touch down the field, very accurate on deep balls.
+Can drive the ball across the field without a dip elite arm strength.

+Leads receivers well, allows for yardage after the catch.
+Quick, over the top release.
+Able to throw from multiple arm positions.
-Occasionally rockets a pass at close range through his receivers hands.
-Seemed to struggle throwing in the wind.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with nepatriots, I love the stuff those guys put out. That said, it's still not Geno's game the same way it wasn't Andrew Luck's game.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, I shouldn't say that Geno absolutely cannot play in this system, he may be able to. What I'm saying his, very little of Bruce Arians will do play calling wise will play directly into Geno Smith's best strengths.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question about overall draft strategy and the BA hire:

I believe we made significant strides drafting BPA the last few years. My biggest concern with any change in our front office and head coach is that we start reaching on our draft picks again.

Do you guys think BA being hired significantly raises the chances that we reach on a first round QB?, or does it not change the odds very much?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
Question about overall draft strategy and the BA hire:

I believe we made significant strides drafting BPA the last few years. My biggest concern with any change in our front office and head coach is that we start reaching on our draft picks again.

Do you guys think BA being hired significantly raises the chances that we reach on a first round QB?, or does it not change the odds very much?

I don't think it changes ouyr strategy at all personally. Keim's still going to have final say and he's a talent over need guy. I think it will remain the same, that's my thought right now.

That said, when it comes to the QB position, all bets are off. The QB position is a completely different animal and everyone knows it. Arians has already mentioned it even.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 46 of 100

Jump to: