Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:
The draft thread is getting long again - you guys think it would be a good idea to start a new one as soon as all the college bowl games are over?


Khodder and I will talk about it. Whatever works best for you guys is what we'll do.


I think this one could be alright for general draft talk, but we could start a few "High Traffic" threads.

Just spitballing here, everyone get their opinion in.


Sounds good to me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Kolb and i think they can win with him, but if he can't stay healthy, they might have to spend a high draft pick on a QB. I believe the 1st round pick should be used on an offensive lineman (most importantly a tackle). I would trade up from the 2nd round (back into the 1st) and take Barkley. Barkley would thrive in the "dink and dunk" Haley offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12523
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every mock still has Jarvis Jones in the top 5 but that will probably fade thru the weeks...

1. Kansas City - Geno Smith
2. Jacksonville - Star Lotulelei
3. Oakland - Damontre Moore (I think they'll like his combine #'s over Werner's)
4. Philly - Luke Joeckel
5. Detroit - Manti Te'o
6. Cleveland - Bjoern Werner
7. Arizona - Lewan/Warmack (both are probably a reach but so is anyone else...)
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5170
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teo at 5?

Dont think that is going to happen, he isnt Ray Lewis Jnr.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new 2013 Mock:

Trade a 2nd and 4th to get into the back of the 1st.

Round 1: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
Round 1: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Round 3: Corey Lemoiner, DE/OLB, Auburn
Round 5: Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame
Round 6: AJ Klein, ILB, Iowa State
Round 7: Brian Schwenke, C, Cal

Notes:

Obviously 1st choice at OT is Joeckel so if he's available he'd definitely be the pick over Lewan

I would have gone with Jake Matthews over Lewan, but there is a report saying he's staying (i dont know how credible though)

My 1st choice for an OLB is Morgan Breslin, but he may not declare

Also there is a pick coming from Vikings for the AJ Jefferson trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50826
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
My new 2013 Mock:

Trade a 2nd and 4th to get into the back of the 1st.

Round 1: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
Round 1: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Round 3: Corey Lemoiner, DE/OLB, Auburn
Round 5: Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame
Round 6: AJ Klein, ILB, Iowa State
Round 7: Brian Schwenke, C, Cal

Notes:

Obviously 1st choice at OT is Joeckel so if he's available he'd definitely be the pick over Lewan

I would have gone with Jake Matthews over Lewan, but there is a report saying he's staying (i dont know how credible though)

My 1st choice for an OLB is Morgan Breslin, but he may not declare

Also there is a pick coming from Vikings for the AJ Jefferson trade


If we trade back into the bottom of the first round for a QB it will be Nassib or Dysert not Barkley.

Barkley is actually not among the top 5 draftable QB's this year (Smith, Wilson, Nassib, Glennon, Dysert)
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 12523
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Teo at 5?

Dont think that is going to happen, he isnt Ray Lewis Jnr.


So who do they take if Joeckel is off the board? Werner?? That's three 1st rounders on the DL...
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
My new 2013 Mock:

Trade a 2nd and 4th to get into the back of the 1st.

Round 1: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
Round 1: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Round 3: Corey Lemoiner, DE/OLB, Auburn
Round 5: Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame
Round 6: AJ Klein, ILB, Iowa State
Round 7: Brian Schwenke, C, Cal

Notes:

Obviously 1st choice at OT is Joeckel so if he's available he'd definitely be the pick over Lewan

I would have gone with Jake Matthews over Lewan, but there is a report saying he's staying (i dont know how credible though)

My 1st choice for an OLB is Morgan Breslin, but he may not declare

Also there is a pick coming from Vikings for the AJ Jefferson trade


If we trade back into the bottom of the first round for a QB it will be Nassib or Dysert not Barkley.

Barkley is actually not among the top 5 draftable QB's this year (Smith, Wilson, Nassib, Glennon, Dysert)


No one is taking Zac Dysert in the 1st. Dysert was underwhelming against sub-par opposition. Barkley is also still better than Nassib (who couldnt take advantage of the playing one of the worst defenses in WV), Wilson has concussion problems (but if he checked out medically than i would consider him), Glennon is all potential (Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub) and i like him but his decision making is bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50826
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
No one is taking Zac Dysert in the 1st. Dysert was underwhelming against sub-par opposition. Barkley is also still better than Nassib (who couldnt take advantage of the playing one of the worst defenses in WV), Wilson has concussion problems (but if he checked out medically than i would consider him), Glennon is all potential (Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub) and i like him but his decision making is bad.


You would be surprised. Also I am just conveying what I have heard from people who do scouting work for NFL teams and people who talk regularily to NFL scouts.

Barkley is a 3rd round+ prospect, Nassib is not getting past 40 in the draft, Dysert will be lucky to get past 50. Wilson and Smith are both top 10 guys and Glennon could hit there too.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
No one is taking Zac Dysert in the 1st. Dysert was underwhelming against sub-par opposition. Barkley is also still better than Nassib (who couldnt take advantage of the playing one of the worst defenses in WV), Wilson has concussion problems (but if he checked out medically than i would consider him), Glennon is all potential (Joe Flacco, Matt Schaub) and i like him but his decision making is bad.


You would be surprised. Also I am just conveying what I have heard from people who do scouting work for NFL teams and people who talk regularily to NFL scouts.

Barkley is a 3rd round+ prospect, Nassib is not getting past 40 in the draft, Dysert will be lucky to get past 50. Wilson and Smith are both top 10 guys and Glennon could hit there too.


what scouting sources/sites are you using? Barkley is not a 3rd rounder. Most trusted rankings have him as a late 1st/early 2nd. Not even one source ive seen has him as a 3rd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50826
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
what scouting sources/sites are you using? Barkley is not a 3rd rounder. Most trusted rankings have him as a late 1st/early 2nd. Not even one source ive seen has him as a 3rd


Not Websites, Human beings who are contracted to do scouting work for NFL teams. Guys who talk to NFL scouts. The NFL scouts are ranking Barkley as a 3rd round QB right now.

http://nfldraftmonsters.com/scouting/scouting-report-matt-barkley/

One Scouting Report on him.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
what scouting sources/sites are you using? Barkley is not a 3rd rounder. Most trusted rankings have him as a late 1st/early 2nd. Not even one source ive seen has him as a 3rd


Not Websites, Human beings who are contract to do scouting work for NFL teams. Guys who talk to NFL scouts. The NFL scouts are ranking Barkley as a 3rd round QB right now.


i'll believe it when i see it. I would definitely take Barkley in the 2nd. He's mechanically sound, smart, can read defenses, and is a natural leader.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52980
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
what scouting sources/sites are you using? Barkley is not a 3rd rounder. Most trusted rankings have him as a late 1st/early 2nd. Not even one source ive seen has him as a 3rd


Not Websites, Human beings who are contract to do scouting work for NFL teams. Guys who talk to NFL scouts. The NFL scouts are ranking Barkley as a 3rd round QB right now.


i'll believe it when i see it. I would definitely take Barkley in the 2nd. He's mechanically sound, smart, can read defenses, and is a natural leader.


The bolded are major reaches.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5170
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
Teo at 5?

Dont think that is going to happen, he isnt Ray Lewis Jnr.


So who do they take if Joeckel is off the board? Werner?? That's three 1st rounders on the DL...


Cb or oline
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its likely that we can get one of Wilson (if he checks out medically), Glennon, or Barkley by our 2nd rounder.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 34 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group