Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Dez: wasnt a perfect draft from LSU, they have some issues, but lots of talent.

I can see Jets jumping up for Geno

I can see Johnson going to Lions at #5 as well.

I hope that Jordan falls.

Would Milliner be a fall back option if we traded back a spot or 2? He has been here for a visit.

If we take a CB (Which I don't think we should) I want the best one in the draft.

Xavier Rhodes.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Xavier Rhodes on this team

Then my son's FSU jersey could double as a Cards jersey with Rhodes written on it.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you say if I said I have just posted a first round mock in the Mock Draft Forum (Go check it out) and that I have four 'noles going in the first round (And beleive 5 will go there with someone trading up for EJ) and the first one off the board is not named Carradine, Werner or Rhodes.

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am too lazy to check, so take your word for it.

I say the first one is Watson for $500
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to get this draft started with. This year it's very intriguing. Last year we pretty much knew it was 1 or 3 (Floyd, Reiff, DeCastro). This year has so many unknowns.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Can't wait to get this draft started with. This year it's very intriguing. Last year we pretty much knew it was 1 or 3 (Floyd, Reiff, DeCastro). This year has so many unknowns.

I'm excited to have a 2nd round pick this year. It bummed me out watching so many good players on the board where we would've picked (Osemele, Konz, Heyward to name a few).
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
I am too lazy to check, so take your word for it.

I say the first one is Watson for $500

Yep, Watson goes 11 to the Chargers, Fourth OT off the board.

DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little high for me really, but I could see them reach for him.

They need a LT, he could end up a very good one.

Watch out for FSU's junior Evring in 2014, he is a beast, hence Watson was RT in 2012
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Jacksonville take a tackle? Monroe just turned 26... Must be a smokescreen. I think there's a better chance they take Geno.

Anyway I think it goes:

1. Kansas City - Luke Joeckel
2. Jacksonville - Dion Jordan
3. Oakland - Shariff Floyd
4. Philly - Star Lotulelei
5. Detroit - Eric Fisher
6. Cleveland - Dee Milliner
7. Cards - Lane Johnson

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Why would Jacksonville take a tackle? Monroe just turned 26... Must be a smokescreen. I think there's a better chance they take Geno.

Anyway I think it goes:

5. Detroit - Eric Fisher
7. Cards - Lane Johnson

Fisher, Jordan, Smith, Johnson, Joeckel, Lotulelei, Mingo

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Anyway I think it goes:

5. Detroit - Eric Fisher
7. Cards - Lane Johnson

Yeah I could easily see Fisher 1st but Cleveland has Phil Taylor at Nose or does he suck?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Anyway I think it goes:

5. Detroit - Eric Fisher
7. Cards - Lane Johnson

Yeah I could easily see Fisher 1st but Cleveland has Phil Taylor at Nose or does he suck?

I think they are going to have him high on their board. One of the best players in the draft, if a perfect scheme fit. Need is not there, but that has not stopped teams in the past.

You have a chance to grab an elite player who fits into your scheme perfectly you should probably do it, within reason.

PacAttack04

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured I'd ask, with some of thenmockacomkng out, but does anyone think Eifert at 7 is an option? None of your TEs have shown a ton yet, Houspermhad a decent year last year, but still, he had a low YPC, didn't really show a field stretching aspect. But even if he does better, Arians loves his two TE sets. He always had a TE like Miller in Pittsburgh, Indu drafted two in the 2nd and 3rd last year as well. Eifert seems a lot better than a lot of the top TE prospects recently, has production, the measurables, and he, unlike guys like Fleener and Ertz, can actually block relatively well.

It's clear the Cardinals wanna get better on offense, they signed a former feature back, got Palmer, hired Arians. If you can't get one of the top OTs at 7, and with the increasing value of a TE in today's NFL where Rey can be featured in the offense, could he be a pickup if the Cardinals reach for an offensive need, ala Levi Brown a few years ago?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:
Figured I'd ask, with some of thenmockacomkng out, but does anyone think Eifert at 7 is an option? None of your TEs have shown a ton yet, Houspermhad a decent year last year, but still, he had a low YPC, didn't really show a field stretching aspect. But even if he does better, Arians loves his two TE sets. He always had a TE like Miller in Pittsburgh, Indu drafted two in the 2nd and 3rd last year as well. Eifert seems a lot better than a lot of the top TE prospects recently, has production, the measurables, and he, unlike guys like Fleener and Ertz, can actually block relatively well.

It's clear the Cardinals wanna get better on offense, they signed a former feature back, got Palmer, hired Arians. If you can't get one of the top OTs at 7, and with the increasing value of a TE in today's NFL where Rey can be featured in the offense, could he be a pickup if the Cardinals reach for an offensive need, ala Levi Brown a few years ago?

No, we may take a tight end in the second, third, or fourth. Definitely not in the first though. Unless a trade back

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PacAttack04 wrote:

1 - His low YPA had more to do with the Quarterbacks than it did him. It is not his fault if he is consistently getting open down the seam and then being consistently missed by his Quarterback.

2 - It is clear they want to get better on O, but the easiest way for this offense to get better now is to improve the offensive line which is the only thing holding back this offense from being well above average.

That targets, Fitzgerald, Floyd, Roberts, Housler are more than enough to put stress on a secondary have just lacked A] An offensive line to give the QB time to make the throws and B] A QB who can consistently make the throws.

3 - Eifert at 7 is a massive reach for a position that is not really a need, especially given the depth at TE this year and the fact that in Pittsburgh and in Indy the #2 was far more often played as a blocker rather than as a receiver.

4 - Even if we can get one of the top three OT's at seven, I think the team could, and might pass to upgrade an anemic pass rush that is going to be even more under the microscope now with the way we have ripped apart out secondary.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 99 of 100

Jump to: