Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't saying that he is like Levi. I was saying he will end like Levi. A disappointment and IMO, boarder line bust

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
It will be OL/OLB guaranteed. With Jones tanking his pro-day I think only Dion is worthy (Mingo too small). I think it goes...

Wait...

6-4 241 is "Too small", but 6-6 248 is not?

I can see Jordan getting up in the 260's since he's so tall. Mingo not so much. Just seems like he has a tight ends body.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
DJ_Fka wrote:
If we took Star, maybe more 4 - 3 fronts?

CC - DW - SL - DD, with Carter and Shaunessey (spelling) as backups?

That is one massive front, hard to argue with that

He would be BPA if he was there at #7

Hard to argue with someone who could be Warren Sapp

Thinking outside the box, or merely a smokescreen

Where does the pass rush come from?

You dont think that front 4 would generate pressure?

CC and DD did plenty fine generating pass rush last few years, add in SL and that is 3 big bodies that you have to put hats on, opens up plenty of space for LBs etc
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I wasn't saying that he is like Levi. I was saying he will end like Levi. A disappointment and IMO, boarder line bust

Whats your basis for calling him a bust?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

So far in his career he's only played well for a half of a season and was the fifth pick I the draft. The guy was a joke up until two seasons ago. I still don't think the guys that good especially coming off an injury.[/quote]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

So far in his career he's only played well for a half of a season and was the fifth pick I the draft. The guy was a joke up until two seasons ago. I still don't think the guys that good especially coming off an injury.

I mean Lane Johnson. Why do you think he's a future bust?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

So far in his career he's only played well for a half of a season and was the fifth pick I the draft. The guy was a joke up until two seasons ago. I still don't think the guys that good especially coming off an injury.

I mean Lane Johnson. Why do you think he's a future bust?

Ya know, it's tough to predict a bust and one thing I always think of is the guy that's a little bit of an afterthought. The guy that people try to squeeze in with the elite guys in the draft. I think that we are trying to characterize Johnson with attributes Fisher and Joekel now because we want another top talent.i beleive this is what happened with Levi we tried to make him as good as Joe Thomas but in reality he really isn't.

It might just be my gut feeling but its telling me to stay away from Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of TE Nick Kasa out of Colorado. I've been back and forth on him trying to decide whether I like him or not. He's pretty big at 6'7 260 (Virtually Rob Gronkowski's size) ran a 4.71 at the combine . He's converted from DL and is very raw. I mean would you guys even consider him, do you like him at all?

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
It will be OL/OLB guaranteed. With Jones tanking his pro-day I think only Dion is worthy (Mingo too small). I think it goes...

Wait...

I can see Jordan getting up in the 260's since he's so tall. Mingo not so much. Just seems like he has a tight ends body.

And you think Jordan with 25 pounds on his playing weight is going to be able to replicate all the things he did on the field at Oregon?

Why does two inches of height make so much difference to how much weight you can carry. Jordan is already top heavy (Very skinny lower body) so he would have to put on weight on the thighs and glutes to be putting on effective weight.

Jordan is best suited to play at 240-245 where his versatility comes to the fore, he is not a great rusher of the passer, but his size and athleticism combo as well as experience in multiple roles on D give him value.

Mingo is a far, far superior pass rusher, Jordan has a far more rounded game.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
What do you guys think of TE Nick Kasa out of Colorado. I've been back and forth on him trying to decide whether I like him or not. He's pretty big at 6'7 260 (Virtually Rob Gronkowski's size) ran a 4.71 at the combine . He's converted from DL and is very raw. I mean would you guys even consider him, do you like him at all?

Scouting report said very Raw.

Not that it matter but he is the guy who was asked, "Do you like girls?"

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
khodder wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Wait...

And you think Jordan with 25 pounds on his playing weight is going to be able to replicate all the things he did on the field at Oregon?

Why does two inches of height make so much difference to how much weight you can carry. Jordan is already top heavy (Very skinny lower body) so he would have to put on weight on the thighs and glutes to be putting on effective weight.

Jordan is best suited to play at 240-245 where his versatility comes to the fore, he is not a great rusher of the passer, but his size and athleticism combo as well as experience in multiple roles on D give him value.

Mingo is a far, far superior pass rusher, Jordan has a far more rounded game.

Mayock kept saying it during the combine. Jordan needs to add 20 pounds and Mingo will get eaten up by OL. As for the height factor it's easier to add weight when your frame is longer. Not exactly breaking news.

Looking at both guys during the combine Jordan looks more NFL ready from a physical standpoint.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love2theOLINE wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

Scouting report said very Raw.

Not that it matter but he is the guy who was asked, "Do you like girls?"

He is raw and it will take some time before he actually sees the field on offense IMO. I've read that his advantage in blocking is largely due to the fact that he understands what DE's are trying to do based on his past experience. That makes sense. I've also seen mixed reviews on that blocking ability, however...especially disagreement on his footwork and knocking him on his 2nd level blocking. He certainly has prototypical size and his speed and agility should test many LBers. You can see it in videos that he is not super quick...more of a build up steam kind of guy, so I think the pass protection would have to be there before he could get open. I like his dedication/hard work trying to improve his pass-catching skills with the Jugs machine. I also like what I imagine he would bring to ST due to his past tackling experience. I'd happily invest an early 5th round pick in him.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Mayock kept saying it during the combine. Jordan needs to add 20 pounds and Mingo will get eaten up by OL. As for the height factor it's easier to add weight when your frame is longer. Not exactly breaking news.

Looking at both guys during the combine Jordan looks more NFL ready from a physical standpoint.

Jordan does need to add weight, but at the same time he cannot afford to add weight and lose effectiveness. He played at ~235 from most reports, and now you want him playing at 260??

I don't see Mingo getting eaten up by OL, maybe early, but his issues are technique, get him using his hands well, maybe add five pounds, there is no reason he cannot be a Cam Wake type NFL player. (Just for random reference, Jason Taylor played at 6-6 245 and NFL OL did not throw him around like a rag doll, weight is not the issue here, technique is)

Finally, of course you can and do carry more weight the Taller you are, but the question was, why does two inches make such a huge difference. It is not like those two inches create 10 extra pounds on weight (At least I would be surprised if it did) so why does Jordan at 6-6 have an innate ability to easily carry 260 as opposed to Mingo at 6-4.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep Safety class. If they spend their 2nd round pick on Glennon, then Safety should be considered in the 3rd. I like Rambo (off field concerns me).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opinions on TJ McDonald?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 90 of 100

Jump to: