Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Te'O runs a 4.80 40

Welcome to the 3rd round Manti.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually really psyched about the depth of this year's ILB class. It's not top heavy but we can pick up a solid starter in rounds 2-5 to replace Lenon.

Kevin Minter
Jon Bostic
Manti Te'o
Arthur Brown
Michael Mauti
AJ Klein
Kiko Alonso
Gerald Hodges
Nico Johnson

And then there's guys like Ogletree, Reddick, and Sio Moore who are also possible fits.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Warmack is off the board i wouldn't complain if we took a freak like Jordan or Mingo. They'll struggle for a couple years and sniff the bust word but should be legit pass rushers 3-4 years into the league. Right now both guys would get run at and pushed backwards until they get into the late 250/early 260's range.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
If Warmack is off the board i wouldn't complain if we took a freak like Jordan or Mingo. They'll struggle for a couple years and sniff the bust word but should be legit pass rushers 3-4 years into the league. Right now both guys would get run at and pushed backwards until they get into the late 250/early 260's range.

People are saying Ezekial Ansah can play 3-4 OLB as well.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

If we take Ansah he should be used like Aldon Smith was his rookie season. He seems like an athlete first, football player second. Looked good in drills today but struggled in Mobile against actual players.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
apollo14000 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

If we take Ansah he should be used like Aldon Smith was his rookie season. He seems like an athlete first, football player second. Looked good in drills today but struggled in Mobile against actual players.

I agree. He needs to be rushing the passer 95% of the time. When he gets acclimated to the speed of the NFL, then you start giving him more difficult assignments.
iRobot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word is, with Brady's extension, that Mallet could be up on the block. 2 years behind Brady with great measurables and talent too.. I'm intrigued, price I hear could be a 3rd round pick.

Reading reports on him now out of college and anything I can find from the 2 years in the NFL.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather trade #38 for Mallett then take any QB not named Geno at #38. BA would like his arm but he's a statue...

The Rebuild Has Begun...
apollo14000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Word is, with Brady's extension, that Mallet could be up on the block. 2 years behind Brady with great measurables and talent too.. I'm intrigued, price I hear could be a 3rd round pick.

Reading reports on him now out of college and anything I can find from the 2 years in the NFL.

Just watched his last game at Arkansas. It was the Sugar Bowl against Ohio State. He's a complete statue. Moreso than anyone in this draft class. He made some brilliant throws but shows the typical inconsistent footwork, inconsistent accuracy, and lack of mobility as your typical statue pocket passer coming out of college. His tape is very similar to the John Skeltons and the Ryan Lindleys of the world.

But that was two years ago. Maybe he's improved. But I doubt he's got any quicker and he probably still has that long delivery that, when paired with his mobility, is sure to lead to sacks and fumbles.
AZCardinalsFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:

I was interested in him when he came out. He has all the tools to be great. He is what Arians wants in a QB. But Im not trading before the draft IMO. Geno could fall to 7 and I would take him in a heart beat there.

Deadpulse
iRobot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
iRobot wrote:

I was interested in him when he came out. He has all the tools to be great. He is what Arians wants in a QB. But Im not trading before the draft IMO. Geno could fall to 7 and I would take him in a heart beat there.

I was thinking during draft or after draft for future pick. There is a youtube vid of him vs Jaguars in preseason, made some nice throws. Interesting for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
AZCardinalsFan wrote:
iRobot wrote:

I was thinking during draft or after draft for future pick. There is a youtube vid of him vs Jaguars in preseason, made some nice throws. Interesting for sure.

Eh Hoyer actually did better than him in that game. He was up against 2nd and 3rd string too. He could be a good one but I've learned my lesson from Kolb. Unless a QB has actually done something in this league for an extended period of time, he's not worth much to me.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoyer and Kolb to duke it out in TC assuming we dont go QB in the draft.

I think we owe Kolb one more crack at it, he was going ok till the injury again.

Maybe the system needs to change for him.

Downfield is what Houston (college) ran from memory (dont quote me, i could be wrong), quick drops etc

He is so not a 5 sec pocket guy
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Mingo is 7 months younger than Jordan, 1 year younger than Jones and Ansah. Does that mean anything?

2. Word is the Chiefs are trading for Alex Smith and drafting Joeckel #1... Jacksonville has publicly backed Gabbert, Oakland has Palmer grooming Pryor, Eagles have two starters, Lions have Stafford and the Brown are listening to offers for Weeden. If the Browns pass on Geno Smith he is ours for the taking. Do we pull the trigger?

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think answer is yes to geno

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 79, 80, 81 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 80 of 100

Jump to: