Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iRobot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
iRobot wrote:
Ok, so.. given said scenario and how I have said readers should be able to discern between valid, confirmed information.. and information being passed around from "NFL insiders" who have heard "rumors or rumblings" from an organization..

But it is not even that. The only possible source of this information is; A] A team scout (Which means next to nothing, and little bearing on where the team actually goes and could be an individual view)
B] It is made up.

This is not rumblings or rumors from an organisation, it is hearsay produced by a scout.

It means nothing and it gets completely and utter overblown by any and every Cardinals fan who sees it.

Saying Arizona has interest in Glennon is a completely false report and utterly incorrect. Saying there are scouts for Arizona who like Glennon might be correct.

Bottom Line - It is not possible for Arizona to have interest in any players yet, their draft meetings have not started and there is nothing to be gleaned from any misinformation being thrown around right now and it is probably just better if it gets ignored.

Saying that an NFL insider has said Arizona seems to have interest in Glennon from what that insider has heard is not a false report or utterly incorrect though. You're twisted what I said for the basis of your argument.

Bottom line - Whether you agree with the report or not, you're basically saying that people need to not post that information when they read something related to the team and in essence attempting to police the posts on the board because it doesn't follow your line of thinking. That's not the job of a moderator. And that's all I'm saying..

To allow free discussion and allow users to discern what they want to from whatever information is posted is the purpose of a forum. As long as those users do not personally attack or degrade other members and members engage in good, civil conversation is the desired outcome of a forum.

If you don't agree with the post, then sure, voice that you don't agree and say as to why you feel that way in a civil manner. But for moderators to approach someone and say "hey we don't post that stuff in here because we don't feel if its 100% confirmed it's not noteworthy" well then you might as well take down the majority of posts in here because I see unconfirmed team news quite often.

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just move on from this now; but I understand the value of debating news reports that will come out on the draft, and they can provide us with a little big of insight, such as Jurecki last year saying we were interested in Floyd.

However there is a difference between reports that come from NFL insiders that might have some truth to them and reports that are blatant lies and patently false.

I don't care if it was Roger Goodell himself saying the Cardinals are interested in Glennon and might trade up for him. It has zero basis, it is a bold faced lie. The Cardinals brass has not talked draft, they have not started their draft meetings, Arians and Keim have not talked draft yet.

So anything that comes out at this stage, especially from someone without front office connections, saying that the Cards might trade up here or are interested in player X is a bold faced lie and there really is no point even recognizing that the lie is out there let alone debating in.

But as I said, lets move on.

The report that the Cardinals are interested in trading up for Glennon is a lie. There is no basis in fact at this stage that this is what Arizona is interested in doing.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I do mock drafts I like to start with what my options would be in each round. Here are basically a list of guys I'd only consider taking in that round and who I realistically think could be there:

1st round options- I'd take any of these guys over any defensive player so that's why options are pretty short.
• Geno Smith
• Luke Joeckel
• Eric Fisher
• Chance Warmack

2nd round options- It's either QB, OG, or LB here IMO. That's where the value is at. Could see a TE here as well since BA likes the 2 TE set.
• Jarvis Jones- all depends on the medical. If it's iffy he could slide far and I'd be willing to role the dice here.
• Kevin Minter
• Arthur Brown
• Mike Glennon
• Matt Barkley
Ryan Nassib
• Larry Warford
• Barrett Jones
• Barkevious Mingo- another guy I think could fall because of his inconsistency. Not likely but he's not a top 15 lock like some suggest.
• Zach Ertz
• Tyler Eifert

3rd round options- Here's where I think you could go in any number of directions. You could grab another solid interior OL here or maybe a safety. That's where the value is at.
• EJ Manuel
• Travis Frederick
• DJ Fluker
• Justin Pugh
• Dallas Thomas
• DJ Swearinger
• Marcus Lattimore
• Terron Armstead

4th round options- Here's the earliest I would grab Schwenke/Holmes to possibly upgrade Sendlein. From this point on, you also have to start looking at finding a RB IMO. On defense, I have a lot of pass rushers and ILBs rated in this area as well.
• Brian Schwenke
• Khaled Holmes
• Omoregie Uzzi
• Chase Thomas
• Corey Lemonier
• Michael Buchanon
• Jamie Collins
• Cornelius Washington
• William Gholston
• Jon Bostic
• Michael Mauti
• Gerald Hodges
• Kiki Alonso
• Robert Lester
• Le’Veon Bell
• Stepfan Taylor
• Montee Ball
• Mike Gillislee
• Jonathon Franklin
• Zac Stacy
• Vance McDonald
• Dion Sims
• Travis Kelce

Note: a lot of these guys may not make it to the round I gave them (see Jarvis Jones) but that's the earliest I would take them.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like gholston alot and sims

Either in the 4th does me
SmallieBigs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the idea of getting 2 interior lineman in the 1st 3 rounds. IMO that's the biggest need on this team and it's not even close. Should be able to gain 2 starters if they play theur cards right.
apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmallieBigs wrote:
I love the idea of getting 2 interior lineman in the 1st 3 rounds. IMO that's the biggest need on this team and it's not even close. Should be able to gain 2 starters if they play theur cards right.

I like the idea as well. Barrett Jones in the 2nd would be great. He could play any of the 3 interior positions right away and then be our starting center down the road.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmallieBigs wrote:

You hear people say it's the sexy pick but you need those goons inside for your sexy guys to make plays. Most excited for Ryan Williams should we boost the interior.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't pass up superior talent to fill needs though.

apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Can't pass up superior talent to fill needs though.

This is a deep Guard class so that's not likely to happen, at least not to a major degree. There's not going to be too many players better than Warford and Jones if they make it to the 2nd round.
SmallieBigs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
SmallieBigs wrote:

I like the idea as well. Barrett Jones in the 2nd would be great. He could play any of the 3 interior positions right away and then be our starting center down the road.

I'm big on Jones too. He isn't going to light up any one position, but is a smart player who can play all 3 positions and has the potential to be a starting Center in the NFL for a long time. Would love to see him and Warmack in red.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This mock will be unpopular:

Round 1: Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State
Round 2: Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
Round 3: Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
Round 4: Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois
Round 5: Terron Armstread, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Round 6: JJ Wilcox, SS, Georgia Southern
Round 7: Vince Williams, ILB, Florida State

Notes:

If the Cardinals believe that Glennon is the QB of the future, they might have to take him at #7 because he might not be there longer. Glennon is the type of QB that fits BA's system-strong arm, vertical passer. Flacco-esque

BA has a history of using many 2 TE sets and Kelce along with Housler would make a great duo (Kelce is also a very good blocker).

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

Notes:

If the Cardinals believe that Glennon is the QB of the future, they might have to take him at #7 because he might not be there longer. Glennon is the type of QB that fits BA's system-strong arm, vertical passer. Flacco-esque

BA has a history of using many 2 TE sets and Kelce along with Housler would make a great duo (Kelce is also a very good blocker).

Could be worse

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

Notes:

I legitimately love rounds two through six. Can live with Glennon. We get a lot of great talent in that draft.

khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

Notes:

I legitimately love rounds two through six. Can live with Glennon. We get a lot of great talent in that draft.

apollo14000

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:

Notes:

This is pretty good. I think there needs to be a RB in there somewhere no earlier than round 4. I'd say take out Armstead (who I don't think will last that long anyway) and put in Dennis Johnson or Johnathon Franklin or another RB.

In a perfect world, we don't have to reach for Glennon at #7. We take Warmack at #7 and then Glennon in the 2nd.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 69 of 100

Jump to: