Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Changes to the offensive line???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xenajets

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bumping this original thread save starting a new one!

If we clear enough cap space this year do you think a move for a starting right tackle could be a possibility. Howard is about average at tackle but could fit in at right guard better with his skillset and size. There are so many options at tackle in FA and the draft that i think we could possibly get a solid vet in FA.

Ferguson Ducasse Mangold ? Howard

If we tender Howard (which we will for just over $1mil) then this is how we would look going into FA. If we resign either Moore or Slauson to solidify one guard spot, bring in competition for Vlad at the other or convert Howard to guard we could get a right tackle and our o-line would be fixed.

Sam Baker ATL
Bryant McKinnie BAL
Andre Smith CIN
Ryan Clady DEN

Gosder Cherilus DET
Ryan Harris HOU
Winston Justice IND
Eben Britton JAC
Branden Albert KC
Jake Long MIA
Phil Loadholt MIN
Geoff Schwartz MIN
Sebastian Vollmer NE
Jermon Bushrod NO
Will Beatty NYG

King Dunlap PHI
Demetress Bell PHI
Max Starks PIT
Jeremy Trueblood TB
Jeff Otah FA

The ones highlighted will get much of the interest but with such quality tackles and guards in the draft we could use this offseason to rebuild the o-line and strengthen the parts outside of Brick and Mangold.

Perfect case for me would be to resign Moore and sign Vollmer.

Then we would have an o-line of:

Ferguson.. Ducasse/Howard/Draft pick..Mangold..Moore..Vollmer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
I think it'd be nice to bring in another OG, but I really never understood the OMG WE NEED TWO GUARDS AND A RT debate...

Austin Howard has played admirably at RT....we could do a LOT worse and if Moore is gone by seasons end, I think we absoluely need another OG...I don't trust Slauson/Ducasse as our starting OGs, but am okay with them competing for a starting position.

Austin Howard was the weakest piece on the O-line last year. remember this is an offensive line that gave up 11 sacks to the chargers late last year. I think we need a Right Tackle at the very least
kilahchris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Matt Slauson won't return to New York, the guy gets benched every 3 series to play Vlad Ducasse who even the Offensive Line Coach does not think deserves playing time. He's heading to Dallas to reunite with Bill Callahan and take over at Center.

Brandon Moore- Long tenured Jet. Ask yourself, does he want to return?

Team could be looking for two guards, unless you consider Vlad a starting caliber player.

Slauson got benched only to evaluate how Vladimir Ducasse will play. Slauson is not going anywhere Ducasse will eventually take over the Right Guard spot
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
I think it'd be nice to bring in another OG, but I really never understood the OMG WE NEED TWO GUARDS AND A RT debate...

Austin Howard has played admirably at RT....we could do a LOT worse and if Moore is gone by seasons end, I think we absoluely need another OG...I don't trust Slauson/Ducasse as our starting OGs, but am okay with them competing for a starting position.

Austin Howard was the weakest piece on the O-line last year. remember this is an offensive line that gave up 11 sacks to the chargers late last year. I think we need a Right Tackle at the very least

And it was our Guards that got dominated. SD is a 3-4 team.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a 2nd round right tackle would be a good move for the Jets. They just have to bring in the right guy. I would definately want a powerful right tackle similar to what we had in Damien Woody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: