Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The "New" Ponder Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perrynoid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"To Ponder, or not to Ponder:
That is the question."

We all wonder:

Will Ponder plunder, or will he
squander, his chance?

Will he bring the thunder, or commit another
blunder, due to circumstance?

As we mull over, a potential QB turnover,
and we end this song and dance

let's be nice (perchance...)
wcblack34

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
"To Ponder, or not to Ponder:
That is the question."

We all wonder:

Will Ponder plunder, or will he
squander, his chance?

Will he bring the thunder, or commit another
blunder, due to circumstance?

As we mull over, a potential QB turnover,
and we end this song and dance

let's be nice (perchance...)

Nicely done sir.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
I just dont understand how someone could think Tebow is a better passer than Ponder. That is Tebows main issue....HE CANT THROW...he's an athlete...thats it

Not that hard to think that when Ponder is your QB

No its still pretty hard to think. As bad as Sanchez is, Tebow still doesnt play because he cant throw. Tim Tebow is an athlete, not a quarterback...end of story.

It's really not Ponder is very bad to me and to the majority is at least saying he isn't a starting QB and the sanchez thing is because rex is to attached to him. Even Jets fans wanted a change at QB.

All I know is you must be dreaming if you think Tebow is a better passer in any way. Tebow has the ugliest footwork, form, and accuracy Ive ever seen. Ponder is no stud by any means but to say Tebow is a better passer is pretty ridiculous.

Your really overrating Ponder. He has all those things you mentioned that tebow has. Tebows leadership plus him playing alongside AD would definitely make him better than he was in Denver and to me Ponder year doesn't even match tebow small sample size in Denver. Tebow being a better passer isn't even close to ridiculous. It doesn't say that stat wise or even on eye test.

Its about as ridiculous as you can get. Im not overrating Ponder at all...I just admitted he was no stud by any means. I'm pretty sure you're overrating Tebow's throwing abilities. Tebow had a better WR corps as well. You actually think that Tim Tebow could succeed with these receivers?? You are dreaming

Percy was a better receiver than anyone in Denver (when healthy). I'm honestly not Ponder is one of the worst starting QB's in the league right now. It's not saying much numbers wise. As for success I believe we would of won that Packer game and another game with tebow. I also think we would of did better in Seattle with Tebow because you couldn't do that much worse with ponder. Your the one who is dreaming if you think there is a huge difference in their throwing abilities.

haha ohhh boy. When Percy was playing...Ponders produced a little more than he is now. But thats not my point...WITH OUR CURRENT ACTIVE RECEIVERS you actually think Tebow would succeed? Nope sorry.

And no Im very much awake at this point. Tebow is a great leader and can run the ball, but other than that, QB wise, he is useless. Ponder's throwing game hasnt been great but what does Tebow ALWAYS get criticized for?? His throwing ability. Its pathetic and its quite obvious to the naked eye. Are you confusing Tebow with another QB, because you saying the guy is a better passer than Ponder is ridiculous. There arent many QB's in this league that arent better than Tebow throwing wise

Ponder might have accuracy over him but tebow has him beat with arm strength. Also Tebow decision making is way better than Ponders. If tebow throwing ability is pathetic so is Ponders.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze...if you want to look at stats then here ya go...

(this has nothing to do with Tebow's leadership. I will not question that. This is only from a statistical, Quarterback point of view)

Ponders current stats:

TD:INT- 14:12
Yards- 2,396
Comp %- 62.6
QBR- 78.3

Tebow's stats in Den:

TD:INT- 12:6
Yards- 1,729
Comp %- 46.5
QBR- 72.9

The only difference is Tebow didnt throw as many picks. But that completion % is pathetic compared to Ponders so I have no clue what stats you're talking about but there ya go. Like I said, Ponder's throwing ability is much better than Tebow's.

Plus Tebow was throwing to Thomas and Decker most of the year. Right now Ponder has Jenkins and Simpson...big difference there. ^Point proven so lets end this debate. Please and Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and sweet man...he has arm strength but it doesnt amount to squat when he isnt accurate so that makes no sense

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

(this has nothing to do with Tebow's leadership. I will not question that. This is only from a statistical, Quarterback point of view)

Ponders current stats:

Yards- 2,396
Comp %- 62.6
QBR- 78.3

Tebow's stats in Den:

Yards- 1,729
Comp %- 46.5
QBR- 72.9

The only difference is Tebow didnt throw as many picks. But that completion % is pathetic compared to Ponders so I have no clue what stats you're talking about but there ya go. Like I said, Ponder's throwing ability is much better than Tebow's.

Plus Tebow was throwing to Thomas and Decker most of the year. Right now Ponder has Jenkins and Simpson...big difference there. ^Point proven so lets end this debate. Please and Thank you

Ponder had percy to but ok. Also these number are pretty much the same except the completion percentage and like I said tebow is better with decision making. I rather take an incomplete pass than an int any day. Ponder passes are mostly screens and out of the backfield passes. We hardly throw anything besides that which is why his percentage is so high. If anything this proves my point that he is not light years ahead of him. Accuracy wise he might be a little bit better than him but decision making and arm strength go to tebow.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, the horse is dead and stuffed
ktarinze

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
...and sweet man...he has arm strength but it doesnt amount to squat when he isnt accurate so that makes no sense

It's better than someone who can't throw the deep ball and makes horrible decisions at the worst time imaginable. I can't say he would do better with these WR's but I can say I think our record would be better. I'm pretty sure we at least win that Packers game with Tebow in.
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

Ponders current stats:

Yards- 2,396
Comp %- 62.6
QBR- 78.3

Tebow's stats in Den:

Yards- 1,729
Comp %- 46.5
QBR- 72.9

Ponder had percy to but ok. Also these number are pretty much the same except the completion percentage and like I said tebow is better with decision making. I rather take an incomplete pass than an int any day. Ponder passes are mostly screens and out of the backfield passes. We hardly throw anything besides that which is why his percentage is so high. If anything this proves my point that he is not light years ahead of him. Accuracy wise he might be a little bit better than him but decision making and arm strength go to tebow.

Like I said arm strength literally means nothing when you arent accurate at all. With these receivers, Tebows QBR might be in single digits

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

It's better than someone who can't throw the deep ball and makes horrible decisions at the worst time imaginable. I can't say he would do better with these WR's but I can say I think our record would be better. I'm pretty sure we at least win that Packers game with Tebow in.

First of all, Ponder can throw the deep ball. Ive pointed it out with plays from this year and last year. Second, I would rather have Ponder throwing short-medium throws than Tebow throwing the ball a mile to nobody

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your argument is going nowhere so I would just give it up. Ive proven my point

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

Ponders current stats:

Yards- 2,396
Comp %- 62.6
QBR- 78.3

Tebow's stats in Den:

Yards- 1,729
Comp %- 46.5
QBR- 72.9

Like I said arm strength literally means nothing when you arent accurate at all. With these receivers, Tebows QBR might be in single digits

Ponder is not even an accurate QB to me so that argument is mute. He may be more accurate than tebow but they both aren't very accurate. What I know tebow does have at least from his sample size is arm strength, leadership and good decision making. That's way more to go off of than what ponder brings
ktarinze

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikesnewcoach11 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
vikesnewcoach11 wrote:

First of all, Ponder can throw the deep ball. Ive pointed it out with plays from this year and last year. Second, I would rather have Ponder throwing short-medium throws than Tebow throwing the ball a mile to nobody

Okay and tebow can throw an accurate pass. see what I did there. It's about consistency he can't throw it consistently. If anything your argument is going nowhere.

Last edited by ktarinze on Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
Ponder is not even an accurate QB to me so that argument is mute. He may be more accurate than tebow but they both aren't very accurate. What I know tebow does have at least from his sample size is arm strength, leadership and good decision making. That's way more to go off of than what ponder brings

What leadership does Tebow have? The rest of the NFL thinks he's a joke.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:

What leadership does Tebow have? The rest of the NFL thinks he's a joke.

Some do, some don't. Everyone got their own opinions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 3 of 34

Jump to: