Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gronkowski to try and practice this week?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
finn54


Moderator
Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 12357
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Gronkowski to try and practice this week? Reply with quote

Shalise Young wrote:
according to a league source, Rob Gronkowski is expected to try to practice this week. Gronkowski underwent surgery on his broken arm Nov 19


https://twitter.com/shalisemyoung/status/278856272881799168

I would still guess that he won't be on the field until the playoffs, however.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redsoxsrule1437


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 13249
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not human.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46536
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gronk heal fast. Like Wolverine but without cool hair.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ChazStandard


Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 3716
Location: The bandwagon, hop on up!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Gronk heal fast. Like Wolverine but without cool hair.


Welker must be Wolverine...both are little guys.

Gronk can be Colossus.




_________________
Quote:
Well, I'm the President of the Howdy Doody Circus Army!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
NinjaZX6R


Joined: 05 Jun 2011
Posts: 9054
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cylon.
_________________
"Let's show some toughness. Yeah...Toughness and go makes some plays"
-Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 5899
Location: The Granite State
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather he come back vs MIA in wk 17 or not until playoffs. He NEEDS to be 100% for us when it all matters. We have a top 2 seed all but in the bag. Be patient. Be healthy. Be ready to win a SB, not just a preview.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46536
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
I would rather he come back vs MIA in wk 17 or not until playoffs. He NEEDS to be 100% for us when it all matters. We have a top 2 seed all but in the bag. Be patient. Be healthy. Be ready to win a SB, not just a preview.
This isn't like a soft tissue injury where testing it when it's not fully healed can aggravate it. If Gronk gets the OK from the med staff, I see no reason why he shouldn't play.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12085
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
I would rather he come back vs MIA in wk 17 or not until playoffs. He NEEDS to be 100% for us when it all matters. We have a top 2 seed all but in the bag. Be patient. Be healthy. Be ready to win a SB, not just a preview.
This isn't like a soft tissue injury where testing it when it's not fully healed can aggravate it. If Gronk gets the OK from the med staff, I see no reason why he shouldn't play.

Only thing I care about is that the bone is sufficiently knit so that he doesn't have an increased chance of re-breaking it. Once it gets past a certain point, it's actually stronger at the break site than it was before the injury, so I have no concerns there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tonyto3690


Joined: 29 Jan 2010
Posts: 5506
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
I would rather he come back vs MIA in wk 17 or not until playoffs. He NEEDS to be 100% for us when it all matters. We have a top 2 seed all but in the bag. Be patient. Be healthy. Be ready to win a SB, not just a preview.
This isn't like a soft tissue injury where testing it when it's not fully healed can aggravate it. If Gronk gets the OK from the med staff, I see no reason why he shouldn't play.

Only thing I care about is that the bone is sufficiently knit so that he doesn't have an increased chance of re-breaking it. Once it gets past a certain point, it's actually stronger at the break site than it was before the injury, so I have no concerns there.


I would hope that the Patriots staff wouldn't give him the okay until they are 100% certain and then some that it was completely healed.

Gronk being back would be huge. Obviously not at 100% but still a threat out there and it would mean another week of getting back into football shape.
_________________
C0LTSFAN4L1F3 wrote:

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46536
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no grey area with a broken bone. It's either healed or it isn't.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 23610
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
We have a top 2 seed all but in the bag. Be patient.


If the Pats lose any of their remaining games, it's pretty unlikely they get a bye.

So I have no idea why you'd say it's "in the bag"??? Losing to SF is a pretty good possibility
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12085
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
There's no grey area with a broken bone. It's either healed or it isn't.

No, either it has knit or it hasn't. Once it has knit, there's quite a bit of gray area in terms of how strong it is structurally, which is why leg fractures take longer to recover from. Bone develops a denser micro-crystalline structure after fracture, that continues to form long after the bone has completed the initial knitting and healing process. The last phase of healing that replaces temporary bone growth with permanent, compact bone takes years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 46536
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
There's no grey area with a broken bone. It's either healed or it isn't.

No, either it has knit or it hasn't. Once it has knit, there's quite a bit of gray area in terms of how strong it is structurally, which is why leg fractures take longer to recover from. Bone develops a denser micro-crystalline structure after fracture, that continues to form long after the bone has completed the initial knitting and healing process. The last phase of healing that replaces temporary bone growth with permanent, compact bone takes years.


_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Richter


Joined: 11 Feb 2010
Posts: 12085
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Richter wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
There's no grey area with a broken bone. It's either healed or it isn't.

No, either it has knit or it hasn't. Once it has knit, there's quite a bit of gray area in terms of how strong it is structurally, which is why leg fractures take longer to recover from. Bone develops a denser micro-crystalline structure after fracture, that continues to form long after the bone has completed the initial knitting and healing process. The last phase of healing that replaces temporary bone growth with permanent, compact bone takes years.


Hey, I worked on this stuff for a while, and I lived with a doctor as my significant other for over a decade. Some of it tends to stick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 5899
Location: The Granite State
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
We have a top 2 seed all but in the bag. Be patient.


If the Pats lose any of their remaining games, it's pretty unlikely they get a bye.

So I have no idea why you'd say it's "in the bag"??? Losing to SF is a pretty good possibility


HOU faces Indy twice still and I dont see them sweeping both and BAL scares a lot less people this winter than they did last. It was certainly an opinion but it had logical reasoning. Some of us are a bit more glass half full I guess bro. Even with losing to SF which is a huge possibility I agree, we have JAX and MIA. BAL still plays DEN this week and NYG the next then Cincy.Thats 3 playoff caliber or wild card teams IIRC..(I am rooting for BAL because of seeding possibliities but I see Den, NYG winning and a tough game against Cincy)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group