Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers suspend RB Mendenhall for one game
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Steelers suspend RB Mendenhall for one game Reply with quote

Quote:
Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall -- a healthy scratch the past two games -- was suspended by the team today for one game for "conduct detrimental to the team" according to a release. Mendenhall will miss Sunday's game at Dallas.

Baron Batch has been signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster in Mendenhall's place.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-suspend-rb-mendenhall-for-one-game-665918/#ixzz2En4NW14F

His career with the steelers is over

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Steelers suspend RB Mendenhall for one game Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
Quote:
Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall -- a healthy scratch the past two games -- was suspended by the team today for one game for "conduct detrimental to the team" according to a release. Mendenhall will miss Sunday's game at Dallas.

Baron Batch has been signed from the practice squad to the 53-man roster in Mendenhall's place.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-suspend-rb-mendenhall-for-one-game-665918/#ixzz2En4NW14F

His career with the steelers is over

When is his contract up?
I still think some team will get a heck of player - I think Mendenhall is uber-talented but there's a bunch of guys vying for a few touches a game in Pittsburgh and players like Redman, Dwyer and Batch have shown they are capable not to mention Rainey waiting in the wings as a COP back.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of conduct suspensions recently. Didn't do anything out in public like Jacobs, McClain right?

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as an update - he was suspended because he failed to be at Heinz Field for the game against the Chargers after being informed he would not dress.

So it sounds like he wasn't happy about the decision to be a healthy scratch and he stayed home and now he's paying for it.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone is going to sign him to a 1-year deal for cheap on a "prove it" contract and could wind up with a steal if he fully recovers from that knee.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have been 3 games. So jacobs' wouldn't have looked so bad, help it not get overturned too

new sig... sorry alex
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to know why he's being punished. Tomlin didn't play him the last two games. After his fumbles against the Browns, he was inactive, as Tomlin claimed he was "completely unprepared".

What a garbage excuse from Tomlin. There's no way someone like Mendenhall was not "prepared" for a game like that. Personally, I don't like this situation at all. I feel like Mendenhall has been getting disrespected.

Tell us why he's not playing already. There's no excuse that he isn't.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
I would love to know why he's being punished. Tomlin didn't play him the last two games. After his fumbles against the Browns, he was inactive, as Tomlin claimed he was "completely unprepared".

What a garbage excuse from Tomlin. There's no way someone like Mendenhall was not "prepared" for a game like that. Personally, I don't like this situation at all. I feel like Mendenhall has been getting disrespected.

When he was informed that he was going to be a healthy scratch for the last game - he decided to stay home rather than attend the game at Heinz field. He's being punished for disobeying Tomlin's wishes that he attend the game regardless of his designation.
Rich7sena

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...

Where are some likely landing spots for Mendenhall next year?
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich7sena wrote:
So...

Where are some likely landing spots for Mendenhall next year?

Arizona - I don't think they are sold on Beanie Wells and the Whiz connection is pretty obvious.

Anybody could sign him - he's a former 1st round pick with plenty of talent but was phased out because of injuries and clashes with the coach. Lots of teams will look at him because it's not enough to have a running back on your roster. You should have at least 2 or 3 that you would feel comfortable starting any given week.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Lot of conduct suspensions recently. Didn't do anything out in public like Jacobs, McClain right?

No, the unofficial reason is that when the Steelers told him he wouldn't dress for the 3rd straight game, he just refused to show up to the game.

Quote:

It's not like Tomlin to come out and say something, he always gives wishywashy answers about what may be happening behind the scenes. He's like the opposite of Rex Ryan.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Likely Fa could see him signing with the Jets.

Not like its detrimental though ... didn't he get moved down to 3rd string two weeks ago?

Not a Knicks fan
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I blame him. The team rushed him back from an ACL tear, then he gets completely benched for having a bad game against the Browns; like every other running back didn't. Next thing you know; he's inactive for "not being prepared against Baltimore".

Seems rather fishy to me.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
I can't say I blame him. The team rushed him back from an ACL tear, then he gets completely benched for having a bad game against the Browns; like every other running back didn't. Next thing you know; he's inactive for "not being prepared against Baltimore".

Seems rather fishy to me.

You don't blame him for not showing up to his place of work? Regardless of whether or not you're playing, you're a part of that team, you're getting paid to be a part of that team, so it is your obligation to be a part of that team. Apparently he wanted to stay home, so Tomlin is giving him his wish and letting him sit at home.

It's an immature move on Mendenhall's part.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Likely Fa could see him signing with the Jets.

Not like its detrimental though ... didn't he get moved down to 3rd string two weeks ago?
Yep...which is kind of weird considering (and Steelers fans know more about this than I do) Mendenhall seems like a much better back than Redman/Dwyer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: