Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gibbs couldn't be prouder of 2012 skins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Gibbs couldn't be prouder of 2012 skins Reply with quote

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Gibbs-Couldnt-Be-Prouder-Of-2012-Redskins/2188297a-14e1-4727-b7bd-4e706ba5287f

It's great to hear the best coach we ever had is excited to watch those young guys ball out! Cool He is thrilled about our future.

Quote:
"One thing about pro sports is you don’t luck into it—you have to be really good," Gibbs said. "I think we’re building something good here right now with [head coach] Mike [Shanahan], [general manager] Bruce [Allen] and [Redskins owner] Dan [Snyder]."

Like most around the NFL, Gibbs has taken notice of Redskins rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III, congratulating the organization for drafting and developing an instant star.

“It goes back to the very first game against the Saints," Gibbs said. "What impressed me about that game was the even-temper he seemed to have; nothing seemed to shake him up. He was very relaxed and played a great ball game.

"What I saw there was a lot of poise in a young guy. To me, I think that’s what he’s carried all of the way through: 'I belong up here, I should be playing up here, and I feel right at home playing here.'"

"He’s such a great athlete," Gibbs said of Griffin III. "He’s got everybody excited and the coaches should be congratulated. They’re using him in a totally different style offense. As a consequence, you’re seeing defenses having a tough time with that right now."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
footy_29

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a crazy stat:

The Redskins have played 13 games in the first 14 weeks of the season. Between Robert Griffin III and Alfred Morris, they have won Pepsi Rookie of the Week Eight times.

8/13 - Only 5 times the Redskins have played they have not won the award.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: