Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green: Redskins Have Strength Of Character

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Green: Redskins Have Strength Of Character Reply with quote

http://m.redskins.com/s/30856/newsDetails?itemPos=4&itemUri=-203874985%2F5213113111231584781510120632

Quote:
He told Redskins Nation host Larry Michael that he likes what he sees from the Redskins so far in 2012, particularly the way they conduct themselves off the field.

"What about this generation? I like these young men," he said. "I think you have a good base of character young men and I think that's what people always wondered about.

"They still want to talk about Charles Mann and Darrell Green and Art Monk and all those guys, but I think we do have some solid young men here today."

This past summer, Green made himself available to the players, and got to spend some time with the leaders of the new-look squad.

"I spent time with Pierre this summer and got to know him," Green said. "I really like that young man. One of my favorites is Josh . Josh is another little guy like me. Chris --just so many of them; so many guys."

On rg3:

"I think 's an exciting guy, but what I think I'm starting to see in him is the maturity it takes to play the whole game and not just the exciting plays," Green said. "The mundane plays of dropping back, staying in there, delivering the ball and checking off.

"He's doing all of those things that I think sometimes can get overlooked because he is so dynamic and that one dynamic play can take some of the attention."
good stuff from Darrell Green. I'm sure it means a lot to hear from a skins legend like Green to say good things about them. Coming from a legend Telling a young team that they have great character means a lot, I'm sure.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Green: Redskins Have Strength Of Character Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://m.redskins.com/s/30856/newsDetails?itemPos=4&itemUri=-203874985%2F5213113111231584781510120632

Quote:
He told Redskins Nation host Larry Michael that he likes what he sees from the Redskins so far in 2012, particularly the way they conduct themselves off the field.

"What about this generation? I like these young men," he said. "I think you have a good base of character young men and I think that's what people always wondered about.

"They still want to talk about Charles Mann and Darrell Green and Art Monk and all those guys, but I think we do have some solid young men here today."

This past summer, Green made himself available to the players, and got to spend some time with the leaders of the new-look squad.

"I spent time with Pierre this summer and got to know him," Green said. "I really like that young man. One of my favorites is Josh . Josh is another little guy like me. Chris --just so many of them; so many guys."

On rg3:

"I think 's an exciting guy, but what I think I'm starting to see in him is the maturity it takes to play the whole game and not just the exciting plays," Green said. "The mundane plays of dropping back, staying in there, delivering the ball and checking off.

"He's doing all of those things that I think sometimes can get overlooked because he is so dynamic and that one dynamic play can take some of the attention."
good stuff from Darrell Green. I'm sure it means a lot to hear from a skins legend like Green to say good things about them. Coming from a legend Telling a young team that they have great character means a lot, I'm sure.

No doubt. I think DGreen might be my favorite Redskin from that era. He brought amazing skill every time he lined up and delivered alot of huge plays . And he always conducted himself on and off the field with so much class. We will never have another Redskin quite like him and what he brought to this team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: