Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tagliabue “vacates all player discipline”
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21615
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie wrote:

evidence that was typed up and altered from a piece of paper ,which looked like chicken scratch on it from a disgruntled former employee, that was fired for lying and not showing up to work. Yeah, let's use this as fact without question

Look at the quotes I posted above. Also, I'm guessing Gregg Williams was forced against his will to admit that he orchestrated the whole thing right?
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pookie


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 659
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:

evidence that was typed up and altered from a piece of paper ,which looked like chicken scratch on it from a disgruntled former employee, that was fired for lying and not showing up to work. Yeah, let's use this as fact without question

Look at the quotes I posted above. Also, I'm guessing Gregg Williams was forced against his will to admit that he orchestrated the whole thing right?


You tell me. werder on otl just said cerullo and williams no longer saying vilma put a bounty on farve.... And did u even read the Williams transcripts from the damn hearing?? He said there was never an intent to injure. Players were fined for penalties and illegal hits and even a clean hit that was flages is fined
_________________
New Orleans Saints Super Bowl XLIV Champions


Last edited by Pookie on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 15012
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Basically he's saying the coaches and management are taking fault because they started it and the players are being "let off" because they were just doing what their bosses told them too. Meh, whatever. Vilma and Will Smith suck anyway, It'd probably help the Saints to have them suspended.


Based on that, there are some Nazis who would have loved having Tagliabue as the judge at their trial in Nuremberg.

Message from the league: If your coach tells you to cheat, you won't be looked down upon or pay any price if you follow his instructions, because "you were just following orders."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21615
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:

evidence that was typed up and altered from a piece of paper ,which looked like chicken scratch on it from a disgruntled former employee, that was fired for lying and not showing up to work. Yeah, let's use this as fact without question

Look at the quotes I posted above. Also, I'm guessing Gregg Williams was forced against his will to admit that he orchestrated the whole thing right?


You tell me. werder on otl just said cerullo and williams no longer saying vilma put a bounty on farve

You keep bringing up Favre like this is an isolated incident. This has been in place since Williams arrived in New Orleans until the day he left.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Basically he's saying the coaches and management are taking fault because they started it and the players are being "let off" because they were just doing what their bosses told them too. Meh, whatever. Vilma and Will Smith suck anyway, It'd probably help the Saints to have them suspended.


Based on that, there are some Nazis who would have loved having Tagliabue as the judge at their trial in Nuremberg.

Message from the league: If your coach tells you to cheat, you won't be looked down upon or pay any price if you follow his instructions, because "you were just following orders."


Ridiculous comparisons are ridiculous.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:

evidence that was typed up and altered from a piece of paper ,which looked like chicken scratch on it from a disgruntled former employee, that was fired for lying and not showing up to work. Yeah, let's use this as fact without question

Look at the quotes I posted above. Also, I'm guessing Gregg Williams was forced against his will to admit that he orchestrated the whole thing right?


You tell me. werder on otl just said cerullo and williams no longer saying vilma put a bounty on farve.... And did u even read the Williams transcripts from the damn hearing?? He said there was never an intent to injure. Players were fined for penalties and illegal hits and even a clean hit that was flages is fined


but they were paid more for legal hits that took an opponent off the field.

That's intent to injure. No question, the Saints had a bounty system in place.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21615
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Basically he's saying the coaches and management are taking fault because they started it and the players are being "let off" because they were just doing what their bosses told them too. Meh, whatever. Vilma and Will Smith suck anyway, It'd probably help the Saints to have them suspended.


Based on that, there are some Nazis who would have loved having Tagliabue as the judge at their trial in Nuremberg.

Message from the league: If your coach tells you to cheat, you won't be looked down upon or pay any price if you follow his instructions, because "you were just following orders."

Thats a ridiculous comparison. Basically, Tags didn't have any specific evidence against any specific player putting money into the pot so he couldn't agree with a suspension but he still holds them accountable.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21615
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Pookie wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:

evidence that was typed up and altered from a piece of paper ,which looked like chicken scratch on it from a disgruntled former employee, that was fired for lying and not showing up to work. Yeah, let's use this as fact without question

Look at the quotes I posted above. Also, I'm guessing Gregg Williams was forced against his will to admit that he orchestrated the whole thing right?


You tell me. werder on otl just said cerullo and williams no longer saying vilma put a bounty on farve.... And did u even read the Williams transcripts from the damn hearing?? He said there was never an intent to injure. Players were fined for penalties and illegal hits and even a clean hit that was flages is fined


but they were paid more for legal hits that took an opponent off the field.

That's intent to injure. No question, the Saints had a bounty system in place.

Tyler, don't be ridiculous. Just because players HAPPENED to get more money for a guy getting injured doesn't mean it was a reward for him getting injured! What they meant was if Brett Favre gets carted off because he didn't feel like walking to the sideline Roman Harper would get some extra cash! How naive of you to think otherwise...
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pookie


Joined: 30 Dec 2007
Posts: 659
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:

evidence that was typed up and altered from a piece of paper ,which looked like chicken scratch on it from a disgruntled former employee, that was fired for lying and not showing up to work. Yeah, let's use this as fact without question

Look at the quotes I posted above. Also, I'm guessing Gregg Williams was forced against his will to admit that he orchestrated the whole thing right?


You tell me. werder on otl just said cerullo and williams no longer saying vilma put a bounty on farve

You keep bringing up Favre like this is an isolated incident. This has been in place since Williams arrived in New Orleans until the day he left.


It's that you keep taking bs evidence as fact. Vilma has had his character damaged beyond repair for supposedly offered a bounty on farve. Goodell took MC word and his bs evidence and ran with it. Goodell has said so many times that he has evidence on the Vilma bounty and its fact, all of it brought by MC.. Now MC says Vilma DIDN'T OFFER A BOUNTY ON FARVE!!! You don't see this bs???
_________________
New Orleans Saints Super Bowl XLIV Champions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 15012
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Basically he's saying the coaches and management are taking fault because they started it and the players are being "let off" because they were just doing what their bosses told them too. Meh, whatever. Vilma and Will Smith suck anyway, It'd probably help the Saints to have them suspended.


Based on that, there are some Nazis who would have loved having Tagliabue as the judge at their trial in Nuremberg.

Message from the league: If your coach tells you to cheat, you won't be looked down upon or pay any price if you follow his instructions, because "you were just following orders."


Ridiculous comparisons are ridiculous.


It's not ridiculous at all. Obviously the crimes are nowhere near the same, but the same excuse is being used. In both cases the excuse was: "I was just doing it because I was following orders."

It's the same principle at work here. This excuse didn't work for the Nazis at Nuremberg, and it shouldn't have. Nor should the Saints players get off without any punishment for cheating just because their coach told them to do it.

The reasoning is that people of character should be willing to stand up to their superiors when they are given an order that they know is illegal, immoral, and just downright wrong.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 63115
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bout time this witch hunt is over! Vindication!! Very Happy Cool Applause Dancing
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Adopt-a-Redskin: Brian Orakpo: 6 tackles, 1, 5 QB hurries
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 21615
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:

evidence that was typed up and altered from a piece of paper ,which looked like chicken scratch on it from a disgruntled former employee, that was fired for lying and not showing up to work. Yeah, let's use this as fact without question

Look at the quotes I posted above. Also, I'm guessing Gregg Williams was forced against his will to admit that he orchestrated the whole thing right?


You tell me. werder on otl just said cerullo and williams no longer saying vilma put a bounty on farve

You keep bringing up Favre like this is an isolated incident. This has been in place since Williams arrived in New Orleans until the day he left.


It's that you keep taking bs evidence as fact. Vilma has had his character damaged beyond repair for supposedly offered a bounty on farve. Goodell took MC word and his bs evidence and ran with it. Goodell has said so many times that he has evidence on the Vilma bounty and its fact, all of it brought by MC.. Now MC says Vilma DIDN'T OFFER A BOUNTY ON FARVE!!! You don't see this bs???

Holy cow. Honestly, I couldn't care less about that specific incident. Their is evidence that we had a bounty system in place for years, thats all I need. You keep bringing this ONE incident up like it proves this whole bounty system is some conspiracy against the Saints, let me ask you, what does the NFL gain by hurting one of its biggest money makers?
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19147
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Pookie wrote:
Tags is saying he can't find any evidence, but the players are guilty and suspensions vacated

Thats not true, at all. He said he found plenty of evidence BUT its a management/coach problem, the players weren't AS responsible as them hence why they're just being fined while the coaches are still suspended and we still lose the draft picks.


That's not true. It was said that he found no evidence on anything bounty related on the players.

Where did you read that? I've read several things stating otherwise. Its hard to quote them but just read this guys tweets, he states that more than enough evidence was found against the players.
https://twitter.com/gregaiello


And you believe that POS??? Go look at Albert Breer and Jason La Canfora tweets

"No one could confirm he had money in his hand when he spoke" Laughing Seriously dude. Seriously? Saints fans are really looking at this entire situation with Black and Gold glasses on.


Maybe u should be looking at stuff like this"There was no evidence Vilma or anyone else paid any money to any player for any bounty-related hit on an opposing player in Vikings game." or go cheer for the falcons... your clearly not a saintsfan or just a [inappropriate/removed]

IN VIKINGS GAME Laughing Thats one game dude. This went on for numerous SEASONS. Take off the black and gold glasses, face reality.


That's only one example. Obviously you haven't been keeping up with everything that's come out if your think this isn't a sham. Are you Mike Cerullo by any chance?

No, you're right. The NFL is out to get us, not only does Goodell want to do away with the big bad Saints but FORMER commissioner Paul Taglibue has a bone to pick with them as well. He wasn't a big Aaron Brooks fan so this is his way of getting back at them, come on dude. Look at the BIG picture. They literally have a power point presentation of organized payouts for "cart offs", you have to be kidding me. Even if you want to argue that theirs no evidence against the players, theirs CERTAINLY evidence that this was happening, whether they can show a picture of Vilma handing out money or not is a total moot point.


evidence that was typed up and altered from a piece of paper ,which looked like chicken scratch on it from a disgruntled former employee, that was fired for lying and not showing up to work. Yeah, let's use this as fact without question
Unbelievable that you can't admit that there was a bounty system in place even after sworn statements under oath that there was one by the coaches and the players involved. They swore under oath that there was a system which rewarded players for "legal hits that caused an opponent to leave the field for one or more plays" This is a bounty system, its more than enough evidence. Tags (who has always been easy on punishment mind you, or did everyone forget why Goddell has become known as the heavy handed commish) said that the evidence supported the findings of Goddell but that the fault lays primarily w/ the organization that created and encouraged the system. Let it go, the suspensions have been vacated the players got what they wanted, just admit that there was a system in place and move on.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nugpimpen


Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 20445
Location: 10 Miles South of Cleveland
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pookie be crazy
_________________


IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38129
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Message from the league: If your coach tells you to cheat, you won't be looked down upon or pay any price if you follow his instructions, because "you were just following orders."


This is "A Few Good Men" all over again (and with less Tom Cruise, Demi Moore, Keifer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon and Jack Nicholson) if you think about it.

In the movie: Col Jessup orders a Code Red on Santiago. Kendrick and Dawson went about on those orders, kills Santiago on accident. Long trial, a few dramatic scenes for effect, "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!" Jessup gets exposed, arrested...yet Kendrick and Dawson are still held accountable. Just not as badly as they would of been had the original charges had stuck.

In Bountygate: Gregg Williams orders a cartoff on [Brett Favre/Kurt Warner/Steve Smith, etc]. Vilma and others went about on those orders, hurts Favre/Warner, etc. Long "trial" a few dramatic scenes for effect "GOODELL IS TRYING TO SCREW THE SAINTS!!!" Williams is exposed, suspended...yet Vilma and others are still held accountable. Just not as badly as they would of been had the original charges had stuck.

Gonna have to watch that movie tonight. Really good movie. If you haven't seen it yet, you're missing out. Very Happy
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!


Last edited by EliteTexan80 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group