Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 GDT: Indianapolis Colts vs Houston Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
With 3 games left in the season and then the playoffs, Tate needs to take the load off of Foster and re-establish himself as an every down, every game, starting RB candidate. He needs to treat the rest of the season as an audition for every other team in the NFL and if he wants that big payday here's his opportunity. Rick Smith or Tates agent should have a sit down meeting with Ben and show him the writing on the wall, most likely he's playing for someone else next year and this is his audition for the big paycheck. Hopefully we can get some good trade value out of him if he perform well the rest of the season and playoffs.

Totally agree. I do NOT share the belief that Tate will ever amount to much as he pretty much equivalent to the gaggle of RBs the Steelers run out there every week (Dwyer, Redman, etc) or Shonn Greene in NY. He has the ability to be productive in spurts before he gets knicked up but has shown he will not play thru pain and is not committed to conditioning. Fumble risk is ever present, he has poor hands, and he still isn't a trusted blocker. I'm also not quite sure what people saw this week that was particularly convincing as I saw him go down on first contact with almost every carry despite Pats defending pass first with a huge lead, he only got 3 yards per attempt on 7 runs and got stuffed on a 3rd and 1 which was inexcusable considering the score. He had a 23 yard run that padded his stat line, but we were down 28-0 at the time so that's more about deception than talent. I am all for using him as a change up in the next 3 weeks and I truly hope we win this week so we can rest Arian if we get a lead against Minny and hopefully sit him altogether in week 17.

Tate put enough on tape last year to get a few coaches around the league excited and a solid game or two to finish this year would allow us to parlay that into a middle round pick which should be a priority as, like him or not, we will not be resigning him after 2013 due to Arian's salary. We might as well start grooming the next #2 back this offseason and we won't have to burn a 2nd rounder to do it considering how the draft value of RBs has plummeted since the 2010 draft (in part due to Arian's success). I think the Raiders would be a perfect situation with Knapp and the ZBS and McFadden clearly requiring a team having a capable #2 back, like they had with Michael Bush. The Jets seem to love our backs too. There will probably be far better backs available in the 2nd round this year, so I suspect we'd be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th rounder (which we could use to get a RB who isn't going to spend offseasons in the tub and spend another 6 weeks in the tub everytime he tweaks a hammy).

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday Practice Injury Report:

Out
No one officially

DNP
Ball
Sharpton
Reed

Everyone else were full participants including Newton, who should be back this Sunday.

The decision on whether Ball and Sharpton will miss will be made tomorrow.

And Reed started working with trainers this week.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Is it too much to expect them to put out a big effort? Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
With 3 games left in the season and then the playoffs, Tate needs to take the load off of Foster and re-establish himself as an every down, every game, starting RB candidate. He needs to treat the rest of the season as an audition for every other team in the NFL and if he wants that big payday here's his opportunity. Rick Smith or Tates agent should have a sit down meeting with Ben and show him the writing on the wall, most likely he's playing for someone else next year and this is his audition for the big paycheck. Hopefully we can get some good trade value out of him if he perform well the rest of the season and playoffs.

Totally agree. I do NOT share the belief that Tate will ever amount to much as he pretty much equivalent to the gaggle of RBs the Steelers run out there every week (Dwyer, Redman, etc) or Shonn Greene in NY. He has the ability to be productive in spurts before he gets knicked up but has shown he will not play thru pain and is not committed to conditioning. Fumble risk is ever present, he has poor hands, and he still isn't a trusted blocker. I'm also not quite sure what people saw this week that was particularly convincing as I saw him go down on first contact with almost every carry despite Pats defending pass first with a huge lead, he only got 3 yards per attempt on 7 runs and got stuffed on a 3rd and 1 which was inexcusable considering the score. He had a 23 yard run that padded his stat line, but we were down 28-0 at the time so that's more about deception than talent. I am all for using him as a change up in the next 3 weeks and I truly hope we win this week so we can rest Arian if we get a lead against Minny and hopefully sit him altogether in week 17.

Tate put enough on tape last year to get a few coaches around the league excited and a solid game or two to finish this year would allow us to parlay that into a middle round pick which should be a priority as, like him or not, we will not be resigning him after 2013 due to Arian's salary. We might as well start grooming the next #2 back this offseason and we won't have to burn a 2nd rounder to do it considering how the draft value of RBs has plummeted since the 2010 draft (in part due to Arian's success). I think the Raiders would be a perfect situation with Knapp and the ZBS and McFadden clearly requiring a team having a capable #2 back, like they had with Michael Bush. The Jets seem to love our backs too. There will probably be far better backs available in the 2nd round this year, so I suspect we'd be lucky to get a 3rd or 4th rounder (which we could use to get a RB who isn't going to spend offseasons in the tub and spend another 6 weeks in the tub everytime he tweaks a hammy).

I see a lot of posts that predict the Texans will run over the Colts. Sure hope so, but they look like it's just too much work. Guess they want to slide through without any lather and get the pay check, win or lose.. Crying or Very sad
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

Out
No one officially

DNP
Ball
Sharpton
Reed

Everyone else were full participants including Newton, who should be back this Sunday.

we need Sharpton back and ready to go especially come playoff time, he is the leader of our D now and he has 5o play big and we need to draft and ILB early in the draft this year for some more depth

The colts are a legit playoff team, so i wouldnt expect us to run over them, but we have to be upset by the fact that we have never beaten the colts twice in one season...not even when they had the worst team in football

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
lumberjackchris wrote:

Out
No one officially

DNP
Ball
Sharpton
Reed

we need Sharpton back and ready to go especially come playoff time, he is the leader of our D now and he has 5o play big and we need to draft and ILB early in the draft this year for some more depth

The colts are a legit playoff team, so i wouldnt expect us to run over them, but we have to be upset by the fact that we have never beaten the colts twice in one season...not even when they had the worst team in football

You must be watching a very different player than I am. He is a 2 down LB at best as he is useless in coverage and still can't beat out Dobbins or James for a starting job. Last I saw it looked like Ruud is even cutting into his PT since he can actually cover. How exactly is a backup ILB with 12 solo tackles and no sacks, fumbles, ints the leader of our defense? He has a ways to go to catch even Earl Mitchell or Quintin Demps in terms of his impact on this defense better yet any of the starters.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's going to come down to the trenches. If we can block for Arian and protect Schaub, will score points. And if we can get to Luck and bring him down will win. I think JJ has a monster sack day and Mercilus also has a big day with possibly 2 sacks and a FF.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I look for a big time butt kicking today. I have to imagine we're gonna come out very mad.....
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inactives are Alan Ball, Brooks Reed, Antoine Caldwell, Andrew Gardner, Cody White, Terrell McClain, and Jonathan Grimes. Newton/Graham are ACTIVE and Newton will start.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20 minutes until kickoff, can't wait!!!! I hope Harris does well this week, I really wish he would "get it" and become a solid nickle corner
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre is a BEAST, Schaub has a weak arm lol
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
Andre is a BEAST, Schaub has a weak arm lol

IJS if we had a QB with a cannon, that's 6

But yeah... Andre is a BEAST
DreDay80

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Schaub didn't do his usual underthrow Andre would of finally had a TD. Sad
TitanLegend

That catch by Andre was ridiculous.
jch1911

GO 4 IT!!!!
TexansFan23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful play calling in the redzone..again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: