Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 GDT: Indianapolis Colts vs Houston Texans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jch1911

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting stats from the game (per espn)

Quote:
Houston sent five or more rushers on 52.9 percent of Andrew Luck's dropbacks on Sunday. Luck was able to handle the pressure in first and second down, but failed to complete a pass in five attempts on third down.

Quote:
J.J. Watt finished with three sacks on Sunday against the Colts, and had six plays overall tackling a Colt for a loss (10.5 percent of Indianapolis' total plays from scrimmage). Watt now has 34.5 disrupted dropbacks this season (sacks + passes defensed + interceptions), 15 more than the next-closest player (Aldon Smith). Watt has disrupted 5.9 percent of dropbacks faced by Houston's defense, with no other player higher than 4.0 percent.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear he will get another .5 sack from this game, early in the game he met Smith at the qb and then later got his first solo sack and it showed he only had 1, I would think he gets .5 sack for the one with Smith....
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game from yours truly:

- Welp, it wasn't Baltimore. But it's needed. Win to secure the division, cards falling our way to make next week the week to finish off homefield for the playoffs...great to see the team take control of this one from beginning to end, just place themselves to win from the opening gun.

- I love Matt Schaub. But, for goodness sakes, that SHOULD of been a TD pass. Nobody was near Andre Johnson for the big throw downfield. Matt wound up, heaved the ball...and AJ had to come to a near stop to outjump Vontae Davis. Had AJ not been AJ, it's a very fair belief that could of been an INT. Matt has never had cannon-like arm strength, but that one is as bad of a 50+ yard gain as you'll see in the NFL. Get it together, Schaub.

- That being said, this is a game I like to see from Schaub. Take what the D gives to you, lead your targets into a spot to where the can catch and extend the ball to extend the drive, not take any chances...good game from him, efficient and smart football. I gave him grief for the AJ pass, but I would be remiss to not give him credit for that throw to DeVier Posey. That was a dart, just fired that one in there in a tough spot. Posey made a heck of a play on that ball, too. Took a pretty big hit, but hung onto the ball. Great play from a guy we've been dying to write off. Great two weeks from the kid, actually.

- I'm still not impressed with ST. But, that was one HELL of a play by Bryan Brahman. Threw a lil "outside/inside" deke (something Brahman said that Joe Marciano saw in film study and told him to do in the days leading up to the game) threw his long arms up in the air, found the ball as it was bouncing, and kind of flopped into the end zone. Just a great individual effort from the Brahma-bull. I just WISH we could find some defensive PT for the guy, he's just a disruptor out there and does good things when given a chance.

- Arian isn't the same Arian we once knew, and that isn't a bad thing. Not a GOOD thing, but not bad. I'm sure we all would love to see the 50/60/70 jaunts into the end zone, where he cuts once, takes off, cuts again to shake the 2nd level and cruises into the end zone. We're not getting that, but we are getting steady performances from the guy - workmanlike outings, where he's taking a hit and still moving forward. He's not a brusier, and our frustration behind him is the lack of big plays...but he's still getting in his work. Just not as BIG as we'd like to see.

- Wattzilla. Guy can't be human. He has to be from the same planet as Adrian Peterson. We might have to duck and cover if AP and Watt show up at the same hole at the same time next Sunday. Or, maybe THIS is what the Mayan's were talking about with their calendar mumbo jumbo. Might be a few days off from 12/21/12, but point remains: The ancients knew that the force known as AP would have to run by the force known as JJ, and the Earth as we know it could not withstand such an impact.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post Game Positional Breakdowns

QB - Alot of us complain about Schaub and how he doesnt take chances, well he tried last week and failed. This week he took what the defense gave him and moved the team down the field. B+

RB - Like ET said, Arian is not the same Arian we got to know over the last couple of seasons. But he looked good yesterday and we actually ran the ball really well when the defense knew it was coming. This is a great sign cause will need him in the playoffs. A

WR - Aside from another monster game from Dre, who still somehow gets himself WIDE open, Devier Posey welcome to the big leagues. I love the catch over the middle when he knew his was gonna get popped and still held onto the ball. He was also out there on some crucial 3rd downs and like mentioned throughout the GDT, his run blocking was on point. A-

TE - OD had his 40 yards and nothing else. Graham was targeted 2 times, but I think he was getting back into the flow of things, will need him in the playoffs. C+

OL - We've always had problems with Freeny and Mathis and they reeked havoc yesterday. They gave up 3 sacks but the way they run blocked especially in the 2nd half certainly made up for it. B

DL - Going against a banged up OL they should have dominated, and they did JJ is unreal and Antonio got some pressure also. NT was a problem for me and another reason i'm beginning to dislike Wades scheme. Mitchell got some great jumps off the ball and shot the A gap many times, but ran himself out of the play cause the RB was already in the opposite B gap. I want my NT to clog the A gaps and do nothing else please! A-

LB I was a bit worried coming in with 2 solid TE's for the Colts to go along with Lucks mobility. As a group they played well, Connor almost got another sack, and Mercilus just always seems to be around the ball. Him and JJ were on top of each other on some plays and I couldn't help but get glimpses of the future and it is bright for those 2. Aside from the one drive that ended with a Allen TD grab where we gave up 65 of the 100 rushing yards, we played the run alot better. B+

DB They we worlds better, aside from Demps not remembering he's a SAFETY and letting Hilton who's probably the fastest guy on the field yesterday get behind him. I don't know who shut down Wayne yesterday but it was a big positive, although alot of the credit goes to the front 7 for getting pressure on Luck. B+

ST - Yesterday proved why you dont need a primary KR/PR. Martin only got 3 returns combined. Donnie was solid again, but after watching Andy Lee of the 9ers, I miss Brett "Roid Man" Hartman. Everyones also making a big deal about the Graham miss, he was still 5/6, no one is perfect. And Brian "Wild Man" Brahman is a BEAST, I just wish we'd get him some time on the field on passing downs. The swim move he used to get around the punt protector was sick and then just all out hustle to get the punter who had a good snap was crazy. B+

Coaching - F, Kub is never going to learn......... Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
20 tot, 0 int, 1 sck, 3 ff
kenney

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... based on yesterday, what are the odds we were all wrong about DeVier Posey and he really is a receiver comparable in ability to Julio Jones and AJ Green?

He had a good game. He looks like he's able to do things the rest of our receivers can't.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
So... based on yesterday, what are the odds we were all wrong about DeVier Posey and he really is a receiver comparable in ability to Julio Jones and AJ Green?

...um, I won't go THAT far. Julio Jones/AJ Green are some uber-elite talents, guys who can create openings in coverage based on a combo of athletic ability and a knack for finding that extra gear to get wide open.

I liked what I saw from Posey, REALLY liked it. I think he can be a faster Marquis Colston, just a solid target who does nothing outstanding, but nothing wrong, either. IF he can continue developing, he can turn out to be a nice WR...but then again, I've said the same things about Jacoby Jones in his tenure as a Texan.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how the coaching staff stresses blocking. Surpisinly Jacoby was a greta blocker and now we have Posey in there and he's blocking great.

Honestly, there is no point to have Walter on the field ahead of him because if they can both block well, but Posey adds other elements that Walter doesn't. I think Kubiak realized that too and I think that's why we saw so much of Posey instead of Walter.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
I love how the coaching staff stresses blocking. Surpisinly Jacoby was a greta blocker and now we have Posey in there and he's blocking great.

Honestly, there is no point to have Walter on the field ahead of him because if they can both block well, but Posey adds other elements that Walter doesn't. I think Kubiak realized that too and I think that's why we saw so much of Posey instead of Walter.

Posey has had 1 good game, I'm not ready to fire Walter and promote Posey to WR#2 based on 1 game. It's a bit early for that.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Posey has had 1 good game, I'm not ready to fire Walter and promote Posey to WR#2 based on 1 game. It's a bit early for that.

Agreed, but im hoping that we promote him to the number 3 WR after this game though. Kubiak said in his post game comments that he is going to give Posey more playing time. Like A.A. said, his blocking was excellent yesterday. I always was a fan of him, and the only reason why I didnt like the pick was because I felt we reached on him in round 3. Maybe Kubiak finally realize it's time for him to contribute now as a receiver instead of just a special teams guy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

I meant just that we're going to keep on seeing more Posey and less Walter. Kubiak has had it himself that he's going to get more PT and that PT is going to come from Walter's snap count.
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

I meant just that we're going to keep on seeing more Posey and less Walter. Kubiak has had it himself that he's going to get more PT and that PT is going to come from Walter's snap count.
Dawgtx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:

He had a good game. He looks like he's able to do things the rest of our receivers can't.

If it had been up to any of us, Duane Brown would have been gone by week 7. Same could be said of Kareem Jackson. So in that sense, patience is a virtue.

However, look at all the defensive backs not named Kareem, and you lean the other way?!

I am looking forward to seeing him get more PT, and watch and see if he doesn't climb over the hump. Smithiak saw SOMETHING?! I wanna see it too!
Receiving: 11 Catches 84 Yds 0 TD's
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
Marco79 wrote:

Agreed, but im hoping that we promote him to the number 3 WR after this game though. Kubiak said in his post game comments that he is going to give Posey more playing time. Like A.A. said, his blocking was excellent yesterday. I always was a fan of him, and the only reason why I didnt like the pick was because I felt we reached on him in round 3. Maybe Kubiak finally realize it's time for him to contribute now as a receiver instead of just a special teams guy.

He's clearly been impressing them in practice, because you don't just jump from 6th string to 2nd/3rd string.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2012/12/re-watching-texanscolts-the-running-game-gets-it-going-but-linebacker-play-is-a-major-concern/

Good read by Lance Zierlein after he re-watched the colts game.

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swag" Swearinger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: